Season 119 Crazy Words Crazy Tune

lelouden

Reaction score

Welcome to season 119. Crazy words, Crazy tune!

This season is all about lyrically silly, goofy, kooky fun and musical noises. The goal is to make each other happy, laugh out loud, or get a smile from ear to ear

I am leaving that interpretation up to you so you can let your humor show through. There are lots of clever lyrics out there that make a song humorous, but many of you can sing a sad song and make me laugh so just go for it and give me what you've got.

To help get you started with silly ideas think Spike Jones, Ray Stevens, Roger Miller, Leroy Troy, Jim Stafford, Kate Micucci.

Then there is the charming fun of the Johnny Marvin songs . He was a ukulele player of the 20's who had his own way to add in kooky musical noises and I would love to see his songs added to the playlist. There is so much charm and humor in many of the old tunes.

* Big points for LOL moments and Johnny Marvin tunes:)

**Even bigger points for the use of musical extras!! Get your nose flutes out people:)
(kazoo, whistles, spoons, xylophones, nose flutes, poppers, jugs, tools, etc. use your imagination.)

Guidelines for entries
1. No videos posted before 12:01 am, Hawaii time, Sunday May 25
Season closes at 11:59:59 pm, Hawaii time, on Sunday, June 1

2. Ukulele front and center. Say it's for Season 119.

3. One official entry per person. Bonus's go nuts:) Let me know which one is your official vid!

4. Multitracking and creative videos are encouraged as long as you are in the video.

5. All videos must be recorded this week.

6. Multiple versions are most welcome. Dont worry about someone else getting to a song first. Do it anyway!

7. Collaboration's for an official entry please let me know who gets credit.

*8. When you post I would love for you to let me know what you've used for your musical extras that I call "props"!

Judging~

Judging will be based on your clever take of the song, use of musical extras (and an effort to costume would be nice). You know how I am. I think everything is great so I may have to rely on the top hat. If I CAN come up with an over all winner they will not be included in the hat. All other name will make it into the hat only once unless you do a Johnny Marvin song. That will get you into the hat twice.

Prizes~
First prize will get a Cigar Box Uke. Other winners will receive your choice of a uke related item from Zazzle (t-shirt, cup, etc.)

FYI- Here is a fantastic "Humorous Playlist" full of great ideas. He has included words and chords to over 100 songs:)

Crazy Word Crazy Tunes Playlist

Johnny Marvin Playlist

Bonus Playlist

Last edited:

First prize Winner~

La Palina acoustic/electric cigar box ukulele. It has a single piezo pickup with a volume control. The bridge is adjustable. The strings are acoustic guitar strings. I will ship her with the guitar strings as is and you can change them out to regular uke string if you want. The tuners are open gear. The neck is red oak with a red oak fretboard. The frets are low and narrow. I picked her up from a local cigar box uke maker.

I agree, Bird's, but she did wait an awfully long time to post.....
it's an awfully good job we aren't bothered by such things, i often forget entirely that a new theme is due 'til ooh maybe wednesday morning, when i might yawn and suddenly realise there is that ukulele underground seasons thingy, and maybe, in my own time, nice and slow, swing by and see what the new theme is...

Im hoping you have no trouble coming up with songs. Its about having fun with "the song". If your looking for a song list, google humorous songs:)

And remember this is a family site:D

Last edited:
Well this week I celebrate being a seasonista for 100 seasons since my first one way back in week 20. Great theme Linda and I've got my song at the ready. Just got to figure how to ham it up now. :)

This past week has been pretty emotionally heavy for me, so this theme is just what the doctor ordered. X3

Still working on my puppet... Got turned around after planning blues monster and got caught up when a totally different idea was born. Now this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDE0Bx_L4Ns

I'm now eying the violin case and ready to go search my furnace room to see if I still have my uncles old saw. As a child the musical saw was something that fascinated me. I get so lost in the research hours of old music on youtube is now in store.

~AL~ codenamed Inky! ;)

Still working on my puppet... Got turned around after planning blues monster and got caught up when a totally different idea was born. Now this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDE0Bx_L4Ns

I'm now eying the violin case and ready to go search my furnace room to see if I still have my uncles old saw. As a child the musical saw was something that fascinated me. I get so lost in the research hours of old music on youtube is now in store.

~AL~ codenamed Inky! ;)

Kinda curious now to see a battle/duet/etc between the musical saw and a theremin.

Well this week I celebrate being a seasonista for 100 seasons since my first one way back in week 20. Great theme Linda and I've got my song at the ready. Just got to figure how to ham it up now. :)

Thats a pretty big mile stone Dave. Im really looking forward to what you bring to the party:)

This past week has been pretty emotionally heavy for me, so this theme is just what the doctor ordered. X3

Yes, laughter is the best medicine!

Still working on my puppet...

I'm now eying the violin case and ready to go search my furnace room to see if I still have my uncles old saw. As a child the musical saw was something that fascinated me.
~AL~ codenamed Inky! ;)

Keep that puppet away from the saw Inky;) I would love to see the musical saw along with the uke. That would be awesome!

Here is an after thought. When you post I would love for you to let me know what you've used for your musical extras that I call "props"!

Thanks Gang:D

great season for me.
Most of my playing is a joke anyway and people laugh. Unfortunately they are laughing at me not with me. :^(

Breezin' Along With the Breeze was a big hit for Johnny Marvin in 1926 apparently.
Not many props Linda - just a kazoo and a slide whistle - and at the end the breeze (just me).

Right here we go then, hope this is okay for a starter Linda. No novelty instruments just now but I've improvised and hopefully added funny to an already funny song.

I have something else in mind but I may need a volunteer for a collaborator who's familiar with Avenue Q.

Thanks Guys for getting this started! Both playlist are going now:)

pabrizzer- Awe freedom! The perfect Johnny Marvin song for you. I loved the simple use of your props to help tell your story. Thats the way to start this off. I don't know how you come up with this stuff so fast!*

xommen- Well That was fun Wim and thats what its about. Thankfully after 35 HS does end. I don't care who's best dressed or having sex:) Social pressures no fun but the song was. Nice use of props too!*

Top Bottom