rolling backpack for laptop and uke ok for carry-on?

steel rider

Reaction score
I just traveled to Chicago with my concert uke (will probably be a tenor in the future) in my messenger backpack along with my laptop, power cords, music binder, etc. I found myself wishing I had something on wheels, and even tried buying a "manly" rolling duffel at the airport. Sadly nothing was quite right.

Can anyone suggest a rolling backpack (not a Fusion or uke-only bag) that will hold a laptop and a tenor uke? It's OK if the top of the uke, while in a gig bag, stick out.

Thanks

Honestly, I would get a gigbag that converts to a backpack, like a Reunion Blues. They're a little expensive, but you can catch them on ebay for $139 if you know where to look. As a bonus, they are a very protective case. As for your laptop, just put it in a regular laptop bag. You're allowed a bag and a personal item. Technically, you can bring the instrument on in addition to, according to the TSA.

I suppose I can use my Fusion gig bag (f4? F3? I forget) and just get a rolling laptop bag. The uke weighs almost nothing and could go overhead or underseat(ish).
Honestly, I would get a gigbag that converts to a backpack, like a Reunion Blues. They're a little expensive, but you can catch them on ebay for $139 if you know where to look. As a bonus, they are a very protective case. As for your laptop, just put it in a regular laptop bag. You're allowed a bag and a personal item. Technically, you can bring the instrument on in addition to, according to the TSA.

Top Bottom