where can I get high dgbe baritone strings in the USA?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
I know these are made where can I find them ?
any info would be helpful thanks!

Just put some on my baritone last week.

Southcoast HU or HMU both work if you want an all nylon, no steel wound option. If you want wound strings, he has two other sets. Shoot Dirk at Southcoast an email. ;)

Light or extra light electric guitar strings should work if you have string diameters, if not, just provide scale length to any string company or other knowledgeable person to get recommendations.

Just put some on my baritone last week.

Southcoast HU or HMU both work if you want an all nylon, no steel wound option. If you want wound strings, he has two other sets. Shoot Dirk at Southcoast an email. ;)

is there anything aside from southcoast their charts and info seems so confusing and not to be a dick but a bit pretentious. I like the straight forward 'this string is made for this uke at this tuning' i cant even understand what the intended purpose for their strings are everything reads like an experiment and scientific test.

I saw the living waters, but its in the UK.
I know aquilla makes them but i cant find them for sale
anywhere. Maybe ill keep checking ebay i suppose.

Mya-Moe. Check out store -> strings & accessories

it has no photos of the strings but according to the site they have high D baritone. SO thanks for the that.
one more question though, are these wound nylonss for the D and G strings? Also i assumed Mya-Moe makes them?
Its a toss up for me if i want to try worth brown's and try baritone standard low D strings with no wound (which seems great
since the hand sliding squeak drives me insane) or if i want to try a re-rentant D which honestly makes my ukulele penis tingle slightly
thinking about that tuning. Hmmm....maybe ill get both i wish i had another baritone to do one high D and one Low D maybe ill just order
another rogue their cheap enough.

Light or extra light electric guitar strings should work if you have string diameters, if not, just provide scale length to any string company or other knowledgeable person to get recommendations.

If they're steel strings, they'll probably tear the bridge right off...

Don't be put off by Southcoast's terminology. Take it from me; the Southcoast Heavy Gauge strings are absolutely wonderful re-entrant baritone strings. Search my youtube channel for 'Southcoast Blues'. Then you can hear and see them on a cheap Richwood baritone ukulele. Good luck in your string search.
http://youtu.be/FMgv1jBc6Eg

Last edited:
Don't be put off by Southcoast's terminology. Take it from me; the Southcoast Heavy Gauge strings are absolutely wonderful re-entrant baritone strings. Search my youtube channel for 'Southcoast Blues'. Then you can hear and see them on a cheap Richwood baritone ukulele. Good luck in your string search.

think I'll go with the Mya moe or try
to find Aquila ones on ebay.

still wondering why someone would recommend
putting metal strings on an acoustic uke it's part of ukulele
101 "never put metal strings on a ukulele the bridge
will turn into a canon and fly off"

what are the strings made off and how do I find
the correct strings for reentrant dgbe ? it does t
really explain what the strings are for seems
a bit over complicated to me

what are the strings made off and how do I find
the correct strings for reentrant dgbe ? it does t
really explain what the strings are for seems
a bit over complicated to me
It's nylon, as far as I know. All you need is the Heavy Gauge strings. They can be tuned to dgbe, which is what you see/hear in my video.

It's nylon, as far as I know. All you need is the Heavy Gauge strings. They can be tuned to dgbe, which is what you see/hear in my video.

can they be tuned standard with low d or high d or just high d
I think they should provide more details
about what the strings are for it's very confusing
and honestly off putting still considering
just getting Aquila found some on amazon
or the mya moe ones.

If you want high 'd' there are 4 different sets depending on whether you like higher or lower tension (HU or HMU) and whether you want unwound or wound 3rd. I have the HMU-NW on my tenor banjo uke and it might be a bt low tension to drive the banjo uke. But I'm sure this set would work fine on a baritone. If you wanted a wound 3rd string it would be the HMU-W3 set. And if you wanted higher tension it would be either HU-NW or HU-W3.

For low D, your only Southcoast option is HL-SW but personally I'd go with Living Water for low D.

Don't be put off by tyhe fact that Living Water Strings are sold from the UK. Ken ships to the US all the time, and shipping is inexpensive and quick.

Top Bottom