Any Poi Dog Pondering fans here?

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
Not sure if this is an appropriate post, but PdP does hail from Hawaii and does use ukulele sometimes.

I saw them in Phoenix last night (great show!), but I had a real highlight before the show even started. I am an avid ukulele player, and a while back I got Jake Shimabukuro to sign my first uke. I thought it would be fun to have Frank sign it too. Before the show, I saw him hanging out, so I went out to the car and got the uke. I asked if he would mind signing, and he graciously agreed. He took the uke and then said he had to go over where there was more light to sign it. (He said he would sign it on the back, since he didn't know if he belonged with Jake (!)).

Little did I know what would come of this, but you can see the 'autograph' in the picture below. How cool is that?

P1000383.jpg

I am not familiar with that group. Wow, what is that on the back, exactly?

I saw them live at a club back in the 90's, around the time Pomegranate came out. Had no idea they were still together.

Very cool! They were big here in Chicago when they relocated. Nick Kitsos is playing drums on my record!

I am not familiar with that group. Wow, what is that on the back, exactly?

I'm not sure, Jenny - it seemed like Frank was making it up as he drew it. And here is a clip from them last night - still absolutely great!

KoaDependent, I personally think their last album (7) was their best, so they are definitely still kicking it.

Pomegranate is a great album. Saw them at Summerfest and at Ravenia a number of years back, always a great show. Nice Lobster!

WOW! seems a little brazen to draw all over the back!

I bought a PDP album around 1989 and still listen to it occasionally, but I haven't thought of them since. Didn't know they were still around. Thanks for the reminder. I'll look 'em up.

Top Bottom