PDA

View Full Version : How do I add comments in GP6?

cre8tive1
05-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to add comments above a bar in Guitar Pro?

I'm working my way through UUU and as I go I'm creating practice sheets using Guitar Pro 6 for the different lessons. To help learn the fret board and scales I created the file below for C Major scale.

I have a section with the the scale between frets 0-4, another for frets 4-7, a section for practicing skips, etc. I wanted to add comments to identify each section but cannot figure out how to do it.

C Major Scale practice sheet (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dsny1voyupy1kky/AAAySNt90qxHwBPGwL4ycYyPa)

Any suggestions?

Camsuke
05-25-2014, 01:19 PM
Hi Jerry,
Click once above the standard notation to create the position for the comment, then go to "TXT" symbol which is located near the bottom of your tools for writing (notes & symbols etc.) a little text box will open for your comments to be listed & written to the music sheet.

cre8tive1
05-25-2014, 02:59 PM
Hi Jerry,
Click once above the standard notation to create the position for the comment, then go to "TXT" symbol which is located near the bottom of your tools for writing (notes & symbols etc.) a little text box will open for your comments to be listed & written to the music sheet.

Ah yes, there it is. I thought I had checked every little icon already. Thanks!

philrab66
05-26-2014, 12:17 AM
Ah yes, there it is. I thought I had checked every little icon already. Thanks!
Or just press ( T )

JayMadison
05-26-2014, 03:30 AM
How do you use GP6 to help with practice?

philrab66
05-26-2014, 04:35 AM
How do you use GP6 to help with practice?
Slow it right down and put a few bars on a loop.

JayMadison
05-26-2014, 04:45 AM

That's a good idea, I bet it really helps working on chord progressions

cre8tive1
05-27-2014, 10:08 AM

Yes I agree. I actually practice these files much slower than what I input into GP6. I just hope some day to be able to actually play 8th notes! I should probably add more bars, starting with some half notes, then quarter, then 8th.....

I create these sheets mainly because I learned standard notation when I was a kid and I still feel more comfortable reading it over tabs. Plus I was having a hard time getting the hang of the skips on the UUU videos, so putting in the standard notation allowed me to visualize it better.

Now I just need to train my fingers to find all these notes.

Here is the file I have thus far for C Major.

http://www.jerryrosscreative.com/ukulele/C_Major.pdf

philrab66
05-28-2014, 01:14 AM
Yes I agree. I actually practice these files much slower than what I input into GP6. I just hope some day to be able to actually play 8th notes! I should probably add more bars, starting with some half notes, then quarter, then 8th.....

I create these sheets mainly because I learned standard notation when I was a kid and I still feel more comfortable reading it over tabs. Plus I was having a hard time getting the hang of the skips on the UUU videos, so putting in the standard notation allowed me to visualize it better.

Now I just need to train my fingers to find all these notes.

Here is the file I have thus far for C Major.

http://www.jerryrosscreative.com/ukulele/C_Major.pdf

Very nice work there Jerry. Did you write it in GP6 then transfer to PDF ?

cre8tive1
06-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Very nice work there Jerry. Did you write it in GP6 then transfer to PDF ?
Thank you philrab66! Yes that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to work my way trough all the scales. It gives me something music related to do when a need a break from practicing.

philrab66
06-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Thank you philrab66! Yes that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to work my way trough all the scales. It gives me something music related to do when a need a break from practicing.
I use it a lot to practice maybe to much. I always play along with it must get out of the habit.