How do I add comments in GP6?

cre8tive1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to add comments above a bar in Guitar Pro?

I'm working my way through UUU and as I go I'm creating practice sheets using Guitar Pro 6 for the different lessons. To help learn the fret board and scales I created the file below for C Major scale.

I have a section with the the scale between frets 0-4, another for frets 4-7, a section for practicing skips, etc. I wanted to add comments to identify each section but cannot figure out how to do it.

C Major Scale practice sheet

Any suggestions?

Hi Jerry,
Click once above the standard notation to create the position for the comment, then go to "TXT" symbol which is located near the bottom of your tools for writing (notes & symbols etc.) a little text box will open for your comments to be listed & written to the music sheet.

Hi Jerry,
Click once above the standard notation to create the position for the comment, then go to "TXT" symbol which is located near the bottom of your tools for writing (notes & symbols etc.) a little text box will open for your comments to be listed & written to the music sheet.

Ah yes, there it is. I thought I had checked every little icon already. Thanks!

Slow it right down and put a few bars on a loop.

Yes I agree. I actually practice these files much slower than what I input into GP6. I just hope some day to be able to actually play 8th notes! I should probably add more bars, starting with some half notes, then quarter, then 8th.....

I create these sheets mainly because I learned standard notation when I was a kid and I still feel more comfortable reading it over tabs. Plus I was having a hard time getting the hang of the skips on the UUU videos, so putting in the standard notation allowed me to visualize it better.

Now I just need to train my fingers to find all these notes.

Here is the file I have thus far for C Major.

http://www.jerryrosscreative.com/ukulele/C_Major.pdf

Yes I agree. I actually practice these files much slower than what I input into GP6. I just hope some day to be able to actually play 8th notes! I should probably add more bars, starting with some half notes, then quarter, then 8th.....

I create these sheets mainly because I learned standard notation when I was a kid and I still feel more comfortable reading it over tabs. Plus I was having a hard time getting the hang of the skips on the UUU videos, so putting in the standard notation allowed me to visualize it better.

Now I just need to train my fingers to find all these notes.

Here is the file I have thus far for C Major.

http://www.jerryrosscreative.com/ukulele/C_Major.pdf

Very nice work there Jerry. Did you write it in GP6 then transfer to PDF ?

Very nice work there Jerry. Did you write it in GP6 then transfer to PDF ?
Thank you philrab66! Yes that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to work my way trough all the scales. It gives me something music related to do when a need a break from practicing.

Thank you philrab66! Yes that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to work my way trough all the scales. It gives me something music related to do when a need a break from practicing.
I use it a lot to practice maybe to much. I always play along with it must get out of the habit.

Top Bottom