Crazy G for competition

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
Here's a cover of crazy G done by one of my students (private instructions) I was impressed by how clean he played it that night. I was also one of the judges for that competition hahaha. There's 3 judges and you can see them on the video. I'm the one on the right with the hat. I'm proud of this kid, give him some views peeps :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvnzJ69GOAY

There's 3 judges and you can see them on the video. I'm the one on the right with the hat. I'm proud of this kid, give him some views peeps :D

Freakin Shenanigans you can't be a judge in a competition your student is playing in. :p

He did a good job though.

Freakin Shenanigans you can't be a judge in a competition your student is playing in. :p

its only shenanigans if he won hahaha. did he? hahaha i know aldrine would never let that cloud his judgement. if anything i believe aldrine would be harder as a judge on his pupil. i know i would be.

but i do remember some martial arts tournaments back when i was younger, where i would pommel my opponent and never get called for the point. i ended up losing many times. of course later on, i would notice that the person that beat me would be hanging around the main judge. yep. the judge was either their teacher or their father. i cant remember how many times i saw the two side judges hold up the flag in my color and the head judge shot it down for no point. hahaha. this is also what i get for not wanting to knock out a GIRL. hahaha yep. every guy i went up against, i beat. every girl... i lost to. hahaha im not bitter!!!!

Hahaha. Actually I'm a pretty fair judge. The first time I had to judge him, he didn't win. This girl who played an old school Ohta-san song won that competition (Waimea town celebration 2003) So it's not a preference because he's my student or anything. If anything... Nuke is right, I'm a little more strict because he's kind of representing me in a way.

This competition he won. There was only one other ukulele player there during the competition. The other uke player played "Noho pai pai" for his song... no picking. It would have been shenanegans if he DIDN'T win. Byron won the ukulele category but lost the overall award. That went to one of the slack key players.

its only shenanigans if he won hahaha. did he? hahaha i know aldrine would never let that cloud his judgement. if anything i believe aldrine would be harder as a judge on his pupil. i know i would be.

hahaha very true. then, that would be called 4th degree of cheating. (theres really no degrees)

Top Bottom