PDA

View Full Version : San Jose Jam- 2/22- Save the Date!!!

dinkadink
02-11-2009, 05:41 PM
It's that time again! San Jose is about to rock out Uke Style again!!

Sunday, February 22nd, noon to ???

We had such fun in my backyard a couple of weeks ago, I think we'll do it again here. We'll have the same general format as we normally do at the Poor House Bistro, with PA, and scheduled performances, but just move it all to my backyard.

Warning the neighbors now, because this jam is going to be the biggest baddest one yet!

More details to follow soon, but be aware! This one is NOT TO BE MISSED!!! Trust me.

I already have some mega, supersized surprises in store for everyone!

Don't miss out. Mark it on your calendar now, and check this thread often in the next week for updates!

Please post here if you think you'll attend, so I can PM my address to you when it gets closer. And so you're not totally in the dark, location wise, I live very near San Jose Airport.

Can't wait to see everyone again!! xoxo- Heather

dinkadink
02-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Zowie. No replies. E-Money, Ed, Young, Russell, Dominator...... need some love here to help promote the coolest meet-up on EARTH!

(This is my elaborate way of bumping my own thread) ;)

02-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Eo Heather,

I should be down to show up. As much as I want it to rain (sturgeon fishing's been great for me in the rain), I wouldn't mind a little break from it next Sunday for this.

dinkadink
02-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Eo Heather,

I should be down to show up. As much as I want it to rain (sturgeon fishing's been great for me in the rain), I wouldn't mind a little break from it next Sunday for this.

Awww, hope you can make it Neal (don't know how you spell it- my brother's middle name is Neal..that's how we spell it).... and I hope the rain all week doesn't make my backyard a swamp! -Heather

the new guy
02-14-2009, 06:26 AM
We'll be there!

ukulelemotion
02-14-2009, 12:26 PM
luck-E-moneyMOTION is checking in.. haha.. this will be a great pre-bday party for me. hahahaa.. ukulele rockin ya'll:shaka:

doughboy530
02-14-2009, 02:33 PM
you can count me in after work.....:D

Dominator
02-14-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm planning to be there for sure. I'm gigging with the rock band in Pleasanton the night before on the 21st so I plan to just stay down there and attend the jam the next day.

I think Heather is planning to come out to the gig which is at the Main Street Brewery in Pleasanton. So if you live in the area come out and check out the band and give her someone to party with.

And as Heather says, this jam and get together is one not to be missed. I wouldn't think of letting the cat out of the bag but she really does have a couple nice surprises in store.
See you there,

dinkadink
02-14-2009, 10:43 PM
We'll be there!

luck-E-moneyMOTION is checking in.. haha.. this will be a great pre-bday party for me. hahahaa.. ukulele rockin ya'll:shaka:

Holy Miles Family Band!
That means that E to the D, E-Money, A-Mix, and J-String are all in!!

Good times are guaranteed for sure!

dinkadink
02-14-2009, 10:44 PM
you can count me in after work.....:D

Yay!! Can't wait!

dinkadink
02-14-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm planning to be there for sure. I'm gigging with the rock band in Pleasanton the night before on the 21st so I plan to just stay down there and attend the jam the next day.

I think Heather is planning to come out to the gig which is at the Main Street Brewery in Pleasanton. So if you live in the area come out and check out the band and give her someone to party with.

And as Heather says, this jam and get together is one not to be missed. I wouldn't think of letting the cat out of the bag but she really does have a couple nice surprises in store.
See you there,

Yes!!!! I am going to Pleasanton to see Dom's rock band rock out. Please come out and join me and support our kick-ass Dominator!

And see??? I told you all! Surprises and super duper stuff in store for this one! Don't miss it. I'm just saying....

-Heather

jjsdad
02-15-2009, 08:22 AM
This sounds like it's going to be a great jam. I'll try to make it, too!

russ_buss
02-15-2009, 05:09 PM
gonna try my best to make it! san jose jams are the best :)

yp983
02-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I'll be there...

videoMS
02-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Hi,
This is Michael, sounds like a great event. I am interested in meeting the gang and jamin'

02-16-2009, 08:49 AM
so should we satrt thinking up of excuses in case someone has to call in sick to stay and play? i getting my list ready. ;)

doughboy530
02-16-2009, 11:59 AM
so should we satrt thinking up of excuses in case someone has to call in sick to stay and play? i getting my list ready. ;)

dude I wish I could use an excuess but I work with the fam's, and I can't say my stomach hurts could we have a bathroom at the store. So I'll be there around 3.

the new guy
02-16-2009, 04:25 PM

haha. not that again.

the new guy
02-16-2009, 04:26 PM
so we still doin this rain or shine right??

iamjamesmiles
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
yo yo yo yo

j-string is in the building

seajhay
02-16-2009, 09:00 PM
i think i'm down. i have newborn twins - 7 months old - so i WANT to be there, so i'm going to TRY. can you hook a brother up with an addy? hopefully i'll see you guys there!

cj:shaka:

dinkadink
02-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey all! All the rain has made my yard very soggy. And it may rain on Sunday too.

So! What we'll do is move the jam location to my art studio/warehouse which is around the corner from my house. There is plenty of room there and we are almost finished with a complete remodel, so it's looking pretty cute.

I'm getting everything all set for a really cool day of ukes, friends, drinks, food, and super surprises! And I'll be PMing the address to all in the next couple of days.

Looking forward Sunday. It's going to be a fantastic day!!!

-Heather

yp983
02-17-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll be there...

Ah. I found out just now that I may need to fly to Pittsburrrrrgh on Sunday. Hopefully I can get the last flight out so that I can still make it...

ian0918
02-17-2009, 04:08 PM
i'll be there. i even requested it off work this time. so i don't have to fake calling in sick like last time. yeah!

ian0918
02-17-2009, 04:35 PM
i'll be there. where and what time? and directions please?

doughboy530
02-17-2009, 08:33 PM
oooo boy I might have 4 more people coming with me if thats cool....:D

dbcali
02-17-2009, 08:58 PM
i'm pretty sure i can make it around 2pm...please let me the address...looking forward to seeing everyone...

dinkadink
02-18-2009, 08:55 AM
oooo boy I might have 4 more people coming with me if thats cool....:D

Of course! The more the merrier!

-Heather

jakeL
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM
hey any requirements for getting in the party besides being a uke fan? sounds fun i definatly want in...

kyle
02-18-2009, 10:38 PM
i know i always end up flaking... but this sounds too epic to miss so i will definitely try to make it to this one

02-19-2009, 05:23 AM
i'm trying to make this. anybody have a superconcert? perferably a kanilea, i'm fittin' to see how it feels...

dinkadink
02-19-2009, 08:28 AM
hey any requirements for getting in the party besides being a uke fan? sounds fun i definatly want in...

haha! "Requirements"! Other than being pretty nutty and a beer drinker? Nope! Jokes aside, ALL are welcome! Bring your friends! I'll PM you the address. :)

i know i always end up flaking... but this sounds too epic to miss so i will definitely try to make it to this one

Bring it on Kyle! We'd love to see you there! Will PM the address.

russ_buss
02-19-2009, 09:04 AM
a couple of us san francisco folk will be coming down on sunday. can't wait!

dinkadink
02-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Okay everyone! Bring some cash- 'cause we are raising money for Ukes for Kids again!!!

This time it's a gorgeous mahogany Mainland Concert Ukulele with soft case. Raffle tickets will be $5, and some lucky one will go home with a brand new uke. I've been playing it for the last two hours, and it is really special!

We'll be a smallish (20 to 30) people crowd, so your chances of winning are very good! Break the bank a little, and buy a bunch of tickets. Ukes for Kids is a worthy cause, and you can read more about it here: http://www.ukuleleguild.org/ufk.php#about

Besides all that, we will have so much fun on Sunday and MORE BIG SURPRISES! You have to be there to find out! See you soon!

-Heather

dinkadink
02-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Bumpin' my own stuff. Gotta do what I gotta do, considering it's in three days!

Seriously, let me know if you're coming so I can PM you the address! All are welcome, and so are all your friends!

Also, don't forget that Dominator's band is playing in Pleasanton the night before, on Saturday. 9pm to about midnight. I'm going!! PM me if you need details.

xoxo
-Heather

the new guy
02-19-2009, 09:23 PM

haha. no more excuses just show up and enjoy the day with good beer and good people.

the new guy
02-19-2009, 09:25 PM
a couple of us san francisco folk will be coming down on sunday. Can't wait!

solid gold!

ukulelemotion
02-20-2009, 12:59 PM
here is emotion's top 10 excuses to call into work for a san jose uke jam...
10. anal gluacoma...cuz you cant see your a$$ coming into work.
9. epic-demic... just too epic to miss
8. UAS... your addiction to an uke makes you want to win the raffel(seek help. because i am winning it.. repeat!)
7. severe arthritis... you will be experiencing ukers cramp from all the freaking chord changes happening that day.
6. buss-ted... russ buss will be in the building.. hello mcfly. haha
5. emotional breakdown... because i will be in the building. duh.
4. stuck miles away with no ride... you will be stuck in your seat while the Miles Family Band plays.. haha
3. bad heather conditions... its raining and heather opened up her studio for us to play so we dont get our ukes wet.
2. dominated... totally overwhelmed by the playing styles of Dominator and now you are stuck in a trance and cant move.

and now the number 1 excuse to give because you are calling in to work to be at the san jose uke jam is...
1. hungover.. you will be hungover the next day and need to prepare for it. warning.. may cause extreme diarrhea... hahaha

ukulelemotion
02-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Okay everyone! Bring some cash- 'cause we are raising money for Ukes for Kids again!!!

This time it's a gorgeous mahogany Mainland Concert Ukulele with soft case. Raffle tickets will be $5, and some lucky one will go home with a brand new uke. I've been playing it for the last two hours, and it is really special!

We'll be a smallish (20 to 30) people crowd, so your chances of winning are very good! Break the bank a little, and buy a bunch of tickets. Ukes for Kids is a worthy cause, and you can read more about it here: http://www.ukuleleguild.org/ufk.php#about

Besides all that, we will have so much fun on Sunday and MORE BIG SURPRISES! You have to be there to find out! See you soon!

-Heather

can you say REPEAT!!! hahaha its mine!

ukulelemotion
02-20-2009, 01:01 PM
i think i'm down. i have newborn twins - 7 months old - so i WANT to be there, so i'm going to TRY. can you hook a brother up with an addy? hopefully i'll see you guys there!

cj:shaka:

bring them.. they can start early and become a band. haha

ukulelemotion
02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
a couple of us san francisco folk will be coming down on sunday. can't wait!

i miss you buddy.. cant wait to see you guys again. keep it gold. solid gold.

dinkadink
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
here is emotion's top 10 excuses to call into work for a san jose uke jam...
10. anal gluacoma...cuz you cant see your a$$ coming into work.
9. epic-demic... just too epic to miss
8. UAS... your addiction to an uke makes you want to win the raffel(seek help. because i am winning it.. repeat!)
7. severe arthritis... you will be experiencing ukers cramp from all the freaking chord changes happening that day.
6. buss-ted... russ buss will be in the building.. hello mcfly. haha
5. emotional breakdown... because i will be in the building. duh.
4. stuck miles away with no ride... you will be stuck in your seat while the Miles Family Band plays.. haha
3. bad heather conditions... its raining and heather opened up her studio for us to play so we dont get our ukes wet.
2. dominated... totally overwhelmed by the playing styles of Dominator and now you are stuck in a trance and cant move.

and now the number 1 excuse to give because you are calling in to work to be at the san jose uke jam is...
1. hungover.. you will be hungover the next day and need to prepare for it. warning.. may cause extreme diarrhea... hahaha

Eric, you are TOO much!!! I think the #1 reason to attend is to enjoy the comedy stylings of E-Money. Wanna laugh all day? Spend some time with this guy.

Another good reason- Good eats! Have a table full of hawaiian yummies coming from Hukilau. Hooray Spam Masubi!!

See you Sunday!
-Heather

carloatl
02-21-2009, 12:00 AM
hey! hope i'm not too late to request an address. i'm thinking of coming through on sunday... anything i should bring though? a couple drinks, maybe some foods? lemme know.

Jmic
02-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Ohhh baby baby, I'm coming to this one! :D

I took off work, but my supervisor asked me to bring back footage of the jam. He said it was a funny excuse, lol. I'll be sure to drop by Costco so I could bring some brewskies by.

Oh, I'll bring my cajon, some cowbell, tambourine and cabasa, and my bass guitar & amp. This will be sweet!

IamRobbyah
02-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Oh, I'll bring some cowbell

Ukers could always use more cowbell...

IamRobbyah
02-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Putang ina! this is sucking majorly! Why cant my "anniversary" be on a different day?

My lady works til 130 - wut time are ppl planning on showing up? I'd prolly be able to chill til 1ish :(

On a side note (not tryin to hijack - its kinda relevant cuz its in San Ho), Rex Navarrete is showing at The Improv tonight and tomo night. For those of you pinoys, friends of pilipinos, or just enjoy a good laugh, pls check it out!

21+/ $18 at the door (but must buy 2 items = drank/food).

His openers are hilarious, and Rex has some new/hilarious material. I saw the show last night and my cheeks are still sore from all the laughs.

http://rexnavarrete.com/
http://www.symfonee.com/Improv/sanjose/comedians/Bio.aspx?Uid=9b3af13f-7ee3-4a6d-8419-f3b602ba7b69

Back to the usual bidness...

IamRobbyah
02-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Well, I take back my last comment... The gf got her shift covered - so hooray for quality time o_0

Hope you guys have a great time! I have no doubt that you will. Hope to make the next event!

russ_buss
02-22-2009, 06:51 AM
i miss you buddy.. cant wait to see you guys again. keep it gold. solid gold.

solid gold for sure. see you guys at noon!

Well, I take back my last comment... The gf got her shift covered - so hooray for quality time o_0

Hope you guys have a great time! I have no doubt that you will. Hope to make the next event!

robby, come on, bring your girl to the jam. you guys can spend quality time watching the Miles Family Band and Dominator rip up the stage!:music:

videoMS
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Just want to say thanks to everyone for a great time this afternoon!
Special thanks to Heather for putting this on. It was great meeting you guys and watching your performances!
Man, you guys are talented!

I will post pics and vids soon!

clevacheva
02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
definitely had a great time, good meeting everyone, i can't believe deach came haha, next time i gotta perform.. kinda sad i had to leave early though. hopefully i can stay the whole time next time, how long did you guys go on for?

dinkadink
02-22-2009, 07:02 PM
definitely had a great time, good meeting everyone, i can't believe deach came haha, next time i gotta perform.. kinda sad i had to leave early though. hopefully i can stay the whole time next time, how long did you guys go on for?

We wound up around 7:30 ish... So fun. How can you go wrong with one guy passed out under the table- ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the new guy) Loves me some Ed. Comedy solid gold today!! You'll hate yourself tomorrow, Ed, but know that you were a source of endless entertainment all day. J'adore you.

And Deach, my partner in crime, was here. Oh my goodness, keeping that a secret was killing me!!! And him too, I know. What a trooper, Deach flew across country this morning, and only to fly back tonite. He came here just for us, and we love him even more for it (if that's possible).

What a great day. I'm still on cloud nine, even though it's really quiet here now with everyone gone. I'm missing my buddies. Wish it could have lasted forever!

Amazing day. If you weren't here, you wish you were. It was awesome. I have no idea how I will top this one for next time. But I'll try. It's a tall order. Might be impossible.

Deach, you are a freaking saint. Love you from here to no where!!!!!

-Heather

Dominator
02-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Got an early day in the morning so just a quick note.

I made it back in one piece. Just want to say thanks to everyone for helping make this such a good time. Especially to Heather for putting so much time into making this happen (and for scheduling it at a time when I was already down that way), Russ Buss for bringing out the PA etc. And the Deachinator, what else can be said. It was GREAT to meet you as well as all the other new folks that were there.
gotta crash,
cheers

Jmic
02-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Whan an amazing gathering! Today was so much fun! The food was amazing too! :D Thank you soo much Heather!

14twelve
02-22-2009, 10:22 PM
It sounds like a lot of fun!! Anyone got any photos or videos?? :D

Jmic
02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Heather has some footage already up.
http://www.youtube.com/headouke

and I have a video still processing: http://www.youtube.com/filipinomullet

I'm sad that I didn't get Deach to sign my uke. [sigh]

edit:
It's done processing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtf3IAqUY8k

14twelve
02-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Heather has some footage already up.
http://www.youtube.com/headouke

and I have a video still processing: http://www.youtube.com/filipinomullet

I'm sad that I didn't get Deach to sign my uke. [sigh]

edit:
It's done processing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtf3IAqUY8k

Thank you so much to you and Heather for sharing these! Awesome videos, and everyone looked like they had so much fun! I'd love to get over to one of these one day. Awesome!

deach
02-23-2009, 04:24 AM
Some pics
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21605337

Sorry for the darkness but you know how I like the dark side.

It was incredible meeting everyone! I had a great time and didn't want to hop back on the plane.

Heather - thank you so much for organizing this event. The food, the bloody mary's, the prizes, the bloody mary's, the location, the bloody mary's, so great!!!! You are a saint!

02-23-2009, 05:11 AM
there was no quality excuse to escape honey-dos. sorry i flaked. would have been peachy keen to have met the uu legend, deach. next time...

02-23-2009, 06:35 AM
btw was, the dude with the "shark tooth" `ukulele, was that a road toad `ukulele?

deach
02-23-2009, 06:37 AM
btw was, the dude with the "shark tooth" `ukulele, was that a road toad `ukulele?

Shark tooth?

russ_buss
02-23-2009, 06:53 AM
heather does it again! best jam ever! so many great moments. met a lot of cool people. Dominator and Deach (D&D without the 12 sided dice). great food, awesome music. enough beer and vodka to make the memories blurry. Ed passed out under the table. E-money wins another uke in the raffle (punkass:)). surprise fluke. rain. spam.

thanks for putting together the awesome surprise-filled jam heather!

thanks jeremy and alden for transporting my drunk ass back to san francisco.:cheers:

02-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Shark tooth?

it's the pic you have of some guy playing an `ukulele that looked like it had shark teeth as the tuners.

jjsdad
02-23-2009, 08:34 AM
heather does it again! best jam ever! so many great moments. met a lot of cool people. Dominator and Deach (D&D without the 12 sided dice). great food, awesome music. enough beer and vodka to make the memories blurry. Ed passed out under the table. E-money wins another uke in the raffle (punkass:)). surprise fluke. rain. spam.

thanks jeremy and alden for transporting my drunk ass back to san francisco.:cheers:

You're welcome Russ. I actually got to drive the Russ Bus, so it was an honor. ;)

Dominator, it was a pleasure to see you again and hear you play. Hope to see you again soon.

Deach, I was shaking after I introduced myself to you and you said something like "I know who *you* are...". I still can't believe that I got to meet you in person. Unbelievable.

To all the newcomers and to those I haven't met before (and also to those I have meet before), I'm glad to meet you and hear you play. There was so much awesome talent that I'm always really embarrassed to get up there and play a few songs myself.

I think Russ summed this up with these three words: "best jam ever!"

So, let's all repeat:

Thank you Heather, best Jam ever!

:rock:

Anyone get a pic of Ed passed out under the table?

clevacheva
02-23-2009, 09:03 AM
So, let's all repeat:

Thanks for putting up those pictures Deach! Nice meeting everyone

i hope this link works but i put up some pictures

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/clevacheva/uke%20jam/

deach
02-23-2009, 10:13 AM
The vids I took will be slowly posted here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SJUkeJamz

I'll add the descriptions once I'm not a zombie.

dinkadink
02-23-2009, 11:29 AM
I forgot to mention that it was sooooooo cool that I got Dominator all to myself for hours after his show on Saturday night. Stayed up waaaayyy too late talking and playing. Even got to tinker on his custom Big D uke. What an honor. Thanks Dom! super duper good times. And thanks Young for escorting me to Dom's show, and for driving, and for the conversation, and for the beers. You're awesome.

Whirlwind weekend, filled with fantasticness, in every direction. :bowdown:

ukulelemotion
02-23-2009, 12:43 PM
yesterday was super duper fun! especially since i won the raffel again. hahaha. i told you i would win. im just luck-E!

all my greatness aside... it was awesome seeing so many people. great turn out. i just glad i got to be a part of it. Deach! you da man.. thanks for coming out bro. Russ... solid gold as always and dont worry.. i'll be sure to let you touch my new uke when we jam again. haha. Dom... you are truly amazing on the uke. i cant wait to jam with you again. and im excited to go perform with you. when they announce Dominator and friends.. that will be me.. i will be the friends. hahahahah.. Heather.. i love you sweetie.. you are awesome for putting it together.. thanks for letting me M.C. i had tons of fun. haha.

to all those who attended..i hope to see you all again.
and to those who didnt.. for shame.. haha. jk. you gotta be in it to win it. see ya'll at the next jam.

i'll post up the pics soon

dinkadink
02-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Heather.. i love you sweetie.. you are awesome for putting it together.. thanks for letting me M.C. i had tons of fun. haha.

Back atcha E-Money. I'd have no jam without you and DrunkEd, J-String and A-Mix. I remember the first time I met you. You guys showed up an hour early to the first jam. (the Miles' boys are always early. Super early.) I had been emailing with Ed about it. When I met you, I said "are you Ed"? And you said, "no, I'm his brother Eric". Nice. The rest is history. Love all you guys so much. You make the SJ Jam what it is, what it has become. Thanks for being the MC. It was nice to relax a little and sit back. You cracked me up all day- and everyone else too. xoxo -Heado

Jah bless. ;)

videoMS
02-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am doing this in kind of a hurry. But, I wanted to post these videos as soon as possible. Sorry, I didn't give creds to everyone. Hope you like them they are in a playlist here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mjs004&view=playlists

I love the video of Russ getting Deached!

I have two more discs to post - will do it when I can.

ENJOY!

Dominator
02-23-2009, 08:14 PM
I forgot to mention that it was sooooooo cool that I got Dominator all to myself for hours after his show on Saturday night. Stayed up waaaayyy too late talking and playing. Even got to tinker on his custom Big D uke. What an honor. Thanks Dom! super duper good times. And thanks Young for escorting me to Dom's show, and for driving, and for the conversation, and for the beers. You're awesome.

Heather, shame on me for not thanking you properly for your hospitality before I hit the road. I enjoyed our time together after the gig. One more beer and I would have just slept through the jam from the beginning instead of waiting till the end to pass out like our buddy Ed :eek:.

The food was great and it was just loads of fun. I get such gratification seeing the progress of what I refer to as "my students" that are learning Jake's arrangements. Young had only been working on Let's Dance for a few weeks and did a great job. His version of Touch just floored me as he takes the arrangement and makes it his own.

Another one of my virtual "students" was there that I got to meet for the first time (Trevor aka Cleavacheva). He didn't play this time but he will at the next jam. He is very good and I hope I can be there to see him when he makes his debut at the SJ Jamz.

Been a long day at the day job. Time for some ZZZZZZZZZ.

dbcali
02-23-2009, 10:44 PM
i concur...it was the BEST JAM EVER!! it was great meeting some of the newcomers this time...especially some dude named deach?? i heard his name somewhere here before...thanks everyone for entertaining me and my buddy who came along...thanks especially to heather...my only question is: when is the next one???!???

deach
02-24-2009, 02:08 AM
Forgot to say, the Mainland uke given away is realy nice!

14twelve
02-24-2009, 03:14 AM
Some pics
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21605337

Sorry for the darkness but you know how I like the dark side.

Thanks Deach! The pics are great... and all the vids up on YouTube.

It sounds like an awesome day was had by all! Great to be able to watch it all. Thanks everyone for uploading videos and photos.

the new guy
02-24-2009, 06:24 AM
thanks Heather for everything. its was super fun from wat i can remember. i was watching some of the youtube videos and i dont remember a lot of them. haha. anyway thanks Deach for coming out. and thanks to Dominator for signing my uke.

yp983
02-24-2009, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=Dominator;99389]
The food was great and it was just loads of fun. I get such gratification seeing the progress of what I refer to as "my students" that are learning Jake's arrangements. Young had only been working on Let's Dance for a few weeks and did a great job. His version of Touch just floored me as he takes the arrangement and makes it his own.

QUOTE]

I can't belive I was able to "Floor" Dominator without anything involving touching of the pants!

Thanks Dom. A creds go to you!!

yp983
02-24-2009, 12:59 PM

No problem for Saturday. I still have much to do to repay you for Sunday. I think the next challenge is to get someone like Aldrine or Jake to show up! At this rate, I expect it!

yp983
02-24-2009, 01:26 PM
thanks Heather for everything. its was super fun from wat i can remember. i was watching some of the youtube videos and i dont remember a lot of them. haha. anyway thanks Deach for coming out. and thanks to Dominator for signing my uke.

drunkass...

IamRobbyah
02-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Bah! Putang ina anniversary! Looks like it was a helluva jam... Cant wait for the next one! Wont miss that one for the world!

From the looks of the pics, I'd say Deach has a mancrush on RussBuss :rolleyes:

ukulelemotion
02-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Forgot to say, the Mainland uke given away is realy nice!

yes deach.. it is really nice! haha

clevacheva
02-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Another one of my virtual "students" was there that I got to meet for the first time (Trevor aka Cleavacheva). He didn't play this time but he will at the next jam. He is very good and I hope I can be there to see him when he makes his debut at the SJ Jamz.

I can't wait to play! gotta make Dom proud haha
nice meeting you Dom, we should jam the next time you come down to so cal with BruddahMark or up here for the next UKE JAM!

Fluke&Martin
02-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Yo, since you guys are all around San Jose, i thought id just tell y'all about a ukulele store on 599 5th street in japantown, its a really cool place you guys should check it out!!

russ_buss
02-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Yo, since you guys are all around San Jose, i thought id just tell y'all about a ukulele store on 599 5th street in japantown, its a really cool place you guys should check it out!!

are you talking about "Ukulele Source"? they actually provided the ukuleles for the past few raffles at the San Jose jams. i hear the couple that run the store are nice folks.

the new guy
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
drunkass...

hhahah.little bit

02-26-2009, 05:46 PM
are you talking about "Ukulele Source"? they actually provided the ukuleles for the past few raffles at the San Jose jams. i hear the couple that run the store are nice folks.

smiley and janet are straight good people. i hang out there weekly, even though i got no money -- playing `ukulele, talk story and listen to sharks games. good selection (including UU's own mainland `ukuleles). just go and jam...

videoMS
02-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Here are more vids from the jam!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D9F65344B78D56B0

russ_buss
02-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Here are more vids from the jam!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D9F65344B78D56B0

thanks Mike! most generous of you to upload all those videos.:)

jakeL
02-27-2009, 01:09 PM

you said it russ, btw nice to meet you at the jam and every one else that was so epic i cant wait for the next one.

heather had the best setup too congrats on a kick ass jam

russ_buss
02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
you said it russ, btw nice to meet you at the jam and every one else that was so epic i cant wait for the next one.

heather had the best setup too congrats on a kick ass jam

nice meeting you as well. catch you at the next jam!

the new guy
03-03-2009, 05:46 AM
ok. so sorry this took so long. i couldnt find the cable to connect my camera to the computer, but heres my pictures.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/emiles1020/SJ%20Jam%20Feb%2022%202009/

and just for russ:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/emiles1020/SJ%20Jam%20Feb%2022%202009/DSC01494.jpg

the new guy
03-03-2009, 05:48 AM
SOLID GOLD!!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/emiles1020/SJ%20Jam%20Feb%2022%202009/DSC01486.jpg

russ_buss
03-03-2009, 06:43 AM
ok. so sorry this took so long. i couldnt find the cable to connect my camera to the computer, but heres my pictures.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/emiles1020/SJ%20Jam%20Feb%2022%202009/

and just for russ:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l51/emiles1020/SJ%20Jam%20Feb%2022%202009/DSC01494.jpg

haha, that photo is great! thanks for the memories!:)

dinkadink
03-04-2009, 11:57 AM
a cute photo I forgot I had.... Deacheroo in my studio.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/40/l_64b0f7cac13b41e3bce0e9ff3d1a93db.jpg

03-04-2009, 12:01 PM
looks like deach should be rollin' thru King and Story.

deach
03-04-2009, 12:05 PM
a cute photo I forgot I had.... Deacheroo in my studio.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/40/l_64b0f7cac13b41e3bce0e9ff3d1a93db.jpg

Black Betty!!!!!!

the new guy
03-04-2009, 05:59 PM
looks like deach should be rollin' thru King and Story.

haha.

great pic tho. that is a nice bike. maybe ill bring my cruiser to the next jam.

dinkadink
03-05-2009, 09:25 PM
haha.

great pic tho. that is a nice bike. maybe ill bring my cruiser to the next jam.

Let's take a bike ride, Ed!! Black Betty is waiting! Can fit our ukes in her basket. - wow. - That sounded super dupe's on the dirty side.....:rolleyes:

By the way, I've found an appropriate handle for you: "PMDE". Translation-
Ed + full cup of vodka with splash of soda or 2 or 3 = Potty Mouth Drunk Ed. And we love him. So priceless.

(nice memory, Deacher. That Bloody Mary didn't dilute your brain cells in the least! And I tried to liquor you up, believe me!!!).

deach
03-06-2009, 02:28 AM
(nice memory, Deacher. That Bloody Mary didn't dilute your brain cells in the least! And I tried to liquor you up, believe me!!!).

I was plenty liquored up, not under-the-table liquored up and I always remember girls names.

the new guy
03-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Let's take a bike ride, Ed!! Black Betty is waiting! Can fit our ukes in her basket. - wow. - That sounded super dupe's on the dirty side.....:rolleyes:

By the way, I've found an appropriate handle for you: "PMDE". Translation-
Ed + full cup of vodka with splash of soda or 2 or 3 = Potty Mouth Drunk Ed. And we love him. So priceless.

lets go. on the next sunny day.

I was plenty liquored up, not under-the-table liquored up and I always remember girls names.

haha. i was there.