Has anyone ever seen someone play a harp uke?

iamesperambient

Reaction score
Yes he's an awesome young man. Here's another one that I think is the best that played the ukeharp! He is Jan Laurenz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxzjjj-tGM0

that guy's good too although i prefer the more folksy style of the first guy...
the second guy is like steve vai of the harp uke a bit to busy for me but
can not deny his skills thats for damn sure.

I'll take the second guy. That thumb pick gives odd frequencies that I'm not drawn to. Nylon and picks just don't sound right to my ear. Having said that, both guys are obviously pretty dang good musicians, worthy of many listens and much adoration.

I'll take the second guy. That thumb pick gives odd frequencies that I'm not drawn to. Nylon and picks just don't sound right to my ear. Having said that, both guys are obviously pretty dang good musicians, worthy of many listens and much adoration.

I hear you. I'm more drawn to minimalistic music, anything more simple reminds me of the harmonious
sounds of nature, birds singing, the ocean etc. When things get so busy it reminds me of a busy city/humanity
and i don't get lost in it like the sound of a few simple chords or the drone of an indian tambura.

Banjoleles. Harpleles. Guitarleles. What next? Why a basoonolele, of course. :rolleyes:

I harp uke/harp guitar has a been a thing for a while.
Guitarele isn't a ukulele its a shortscale guitar basically
its like having a guitar with the capo at the 5th fret. I just
consider them shortscale guitars that use a higher tuning.
Banjolele's have been around for ages nothing new.

I harp uke/harp guitar has a been a thing for a while.
Guitarele isn't a ukulele its a shortscale guitar basically
its like having a guitar with the capo at the 5th fret. I just
consider them shortscale guitars that use a higher tuning.
Banjolele's have been around for ages nothing new.

As an acoustic/electric steel string guitar player, primarily ukulele player, and a guilele player, I can tell you that no, a guilele isn't like a guitar. The tone, the size, the feel, it's all much closer to ukulele. I wouldn't call it a ukulele necessarily, but it's definitely not anything close to a guitar. I've picked up and tinkered with classical guitars as well, it's closer to it but guilele still feels more like a ukulele.

If you had said it was like taking a guitar, chopping its fretboard in half, replacing the body with a ukulele body, a smaller headstock, and stringing it up with ukulele strings.... then I might agree. Which basically means only the fretboard width is the same. I even have one of mine strung with a high G, if I play the first 4 strings, it's an ukulele for sure.

Top Bottom