Mya-moe ukulele strings ???

iamesperambient

Reaction score
in my search for non wound high D baritone ukulele strings aside from living water people recommended the mya-moe uke strings. My question is are they made by mya-moe or are they repackaged strings from another company??? has anyone tried the high D strings from them how do they sound? im 99.9 % sure i will be getting the living water strings but the fact that these are in the usa makes me consider getting them for faster/cheaper shipping. Just trying to decide before i purchase a few packs. thanks!

in my search for non wound high D baritone ukulele strings aside from living water people recommended the mya-moe uke strings. My question is are they made by mya-moe or are they repackaged strings from another company???

Email them and ask about the strings you are interested in. I have found them to be very responsive to email.

Email them and ask about the strings you are interested in. I have found them to be very responsive to email.

yeah ill do that. I'll see first also if anyone else knows, it just doesnt say exactly what brand it is their selling is it their own? is it another brand thats just not clear to me.

I believe the MyaMoe strings are Worth.

i emailed them it turns out the floro's are worth and wound is d'addario
the high D strings sadly are a wound G. I placed my order anyway and will give it a go
being it's cheaper, next in line is living water, i have a feeling i will prefer the non wound
strings in the end but i wont know until i try.

You should be able to use the same string as the E on your baritone for a re-entrant D option since it would only be a step lower. No need for a wound D that way.

You should be able to use the same string as the E on your baritone for a re-entrant D option since it would only be a step lower. No need for a wound D that way.

so you are saying remove the e put on the other 3 strings and switch the e with what would be the wound g? the issue is the stock strings on my Bari are trash so id rather put all new strings on going to try these for a bit than next order the living waters.

so you are saying remove the e put on the other 3 strings and switch the e with what would be the wound g? the issue is the stock strings on my Bari are trash so id rather put all new strings on going to try these for a bit than next order the living waters.

Basically, yes. Use the first three strings (E, B, G) as normal and then use the "old" first string (E) and use it as a re-entrant D before going for the wound option.

I made a set just like that for Mike Kassel a couple of weeks ago. Very easy to make yourself if you buy singles from any online dealer.

Basically, yes. Use the first three strings (E, B, G) as normal and then use the "old" first string (E) and use it as a re-entrant D before going for the wound option.

I made a set just like that for Mike Kassel a couple of weeks ago. Very easy to make yourself if you buy singles from any online dealer.

ah ok maybe In the future
these strings in now are garbage
so at this point I just want to refresh
them too. the living waters sound great
but it's almost 20 dollars for one set
just very expensive.

actually wait the d is non wound
it's the g in this set that is the wound
string not the d.

I'll try that too I really want to give
living waters ago it's just so damn
expensive for one set. it's probably
worth the money though.

Always good to try out new strings! Given though that there are currently 3-4 factories - worldwide - that can make any sort of fluorocarbon, it is something to keep in perspective. They could easily have a proprietary formula that is being made for them (that kind of thing happens all the time).

Always good to try out new strings! Given though that there are currently 3-4 factories - worldwide - that can make any sort of fluorocarbon, it is something to keep in perspective. They could easily have a proprietary formula that is being made for them (that kind of thing happens all the time).

true I don't mind paying the price
for the strings I just figured I'd try
the cheaper option to even see
if I'll like the reentrant g which
I think I will if I do I'll get the living
water strings shortly after

Can't argue with that logic.

I said "screw it" and just ordered
the living water high d strings.
going to play with the wound high d
set for a bit than do the living water
ones I have a strong feeling I'm going