Sold body elecrric baritone Uke

coitmusic

Reaction score
I just wanted to show off the uke I just finished. This was my first solid body build and it posed a lot of challenges and I made a lot of mistakes, but in the end I'm very proud of the sound and the look.
The body and neck are some sort of mahogany relative I found as a board in a resale shop. I treated the body and the top of the headstock with iron acetate to age them (a weathered, grey) and then stained with a red mahogany stain. Finished overall with zinsser canned amber shellac thinned to a #1 cut in many coats and topped off with Johnsons paste wax. The fret markers are branded with a hot tool (and not very straight either!) Surface mount mini humbucker with just a volume pot that has a solid aluminum chicken head knob that my wife cast for me when she was taking a sand mold casting class. The strings mount from the back. Still without strap buttons until the new owner comes to pick it up tomorrow and I'll fit them for him. It's months late but I'm not going to charge him for all the extra work I had to put into it as it snowballed into a way bigger project than I imagined. But as I told him, she's a real sexy broad and I'm sure she'll knock his socks off.

Attachments

• IMG_4185.jpg
    IMG_4185.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4189.jpg
    IMG_4189.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 56
Looks nice! How's she play and sound?
Also what's the scale length?

Thanks!
It sounds and plays great! The pickup is very quiet and has a nice balanced output. I was able to get the action nice and low so it plays like a full scale electric guitar.
It has a 20 1/2 scale length.
Best,
Chester

Very cool. Are those steel strings?

Yes, steel strings with a magnetic pickup....similar to a Konablaster, but with a Thunderbird body shape.

I want one! I love the minimalist styling! Look forward to you (or its new owner) posting a video of this beauty in action.

Top Bottom