youtube violations CHILI SONG

krabbers

Reaction score
:mad:i just had one of my top viewed vids removed for "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation" anyone know why this would have happened . it wasnt very rude it was all my own work , it was a silly song me and my daughter made up

i had nearly 2000 views grrrrrrrrr

i cant find anywhere to ask why on youtube...any advice?

That's really bizarre, especially since it was original and (as you said) that wasn't rude. Did you mention any name brands of chili? Maybe the chili industry is trying to cash in?

Strange.

I wonder what would happen if you put it back up?

if it was original, I would just write a mail to youtube and ask them why they deleted it. if it's original, there's no copyright violation so they aren't allowed to take it off the web. stand up for your rights!

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are signed to Warner Bros.

I'm just sayin'...

JJ

I'm starting to think the YouTube people are on crack.Sometimes one of my subscriptions will disappear.The weirdest thing was that for a couple of weeks,Youtube would ask me my language preference EVERY time I clicked on a video.

Well this kind of sucks. They don't make it easy to complain - this is from Terms of Service section 8B:

Counter-Notice. If you believe that your User Submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
  • Your physical or electronic signature;
  • Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
  • A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
  • Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in San Francisco, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, YouTube may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at YouTube's sole discretion.

Here is the whole page - http://www.youtube.com/t/terms

maybe you can just write to the address in section 8A copyright@youtube.com

I would just repost it with a different name and make sure you write the description in such a way that it doesn't show up in a search for "Red Hot Chili Peppers".

I would just repost it with a different name and make sure you write the description in such a way that it doesn't show up in a search for "Red Hot Chili Peppers".

That would work. I still think a complaint should be filed. If only a few people say something, and it was a bot that removed the video, then youtube will think it's not a big deal and not fix their flawed system. I know that from experience because I'm a developer. If only a few people are having problems, I just think it's an isolated case and don't look at it as my programming being flawed.

What I don't understand is how a bunch of low viewed or new youtube videos featuring a copyrighted song will be instantley deleted. But if you type that exact song into youtube you will find that song with multi-million views. Why in the world aren't those videos deleted?

Like my friend made a music video with a Disturbed song, the minute he put it up on youtube it was taken down due to copyright. But when we put in the Disturbed song into a youtube search there was atleast 5 videos that were nothing but a stream of the entire song. One of them with millions of views. Doesn't seem very fair.

What I don't understand is how a bunch of low viewed or new youtube videos featuring a copyrighted song will be instantley deleted.

They were probably uploaded before youtube created the filters. It's just a matter of time before they get to the old ones. It probably takes a long time to search a database as large as theirs, and they'd have to do it multiple times - once for each artist they are looking for, or batches of artists.

not related - Oh shoot I'm a Senior Member now. That's bad - it means I talk too much. lol

so, apart from the title, was there anything your vid had to do with the chili peppers or something else that could justify that deletion?

Imagine they delete every song about an artist because of copyrights, happy censored youtube community...

CensorshipEyeChart.gif

The weirdest thing was that for a couple of weeks,Youtube would ask me my language preference EVERY time I clicked on a video.

It's been doing that to me for months. The most confusing thing is its insistence that I choose between British English and UK English. I'd love to know what on Earth it thinks the difference is.

It's been doing that to me for months. The most confusing thing is its insistence that I choose between British English and UK English. I'd love to know what on Earth it thinks the difference is.

Sounds like it might be a cookie issue. Is your browser set to accept cookies from YouTube?

On the subject of the OP, I don't know about uploading your video again with a different name. If it gets deleted again, you run the risk of your entire account getting deleted.

You'll likely get the video back when you make your case of a mistaken identity. If, in the slim chance, you don't get it back, re-upload the video with the word "original" on the title. That seems to be the way YouTube musicians tag their own works. I have if it works or not, but that's what I noticed. Sorry they TOSed it. :( I wish I knew how their video removal algorithm worked.

red hot chili peppers

it had nothng to do with the red hot chili peppers, it was my own song about cooking chili's all my own work lyrics , music and animation

it had nothng to do with the red hot chili peppers, it was my own song about cooking chili's all my own work lyrics , music and animation

No, we're not saying it was, but their copyright algorithm may have thought it was because of the word chili. It's not perfect and makes mistakes. Just tell YouTube they're wrong, and everything will be okay. :)

No, we're not saying it was, but their copyright algorithm may have thought it was because of the word chili. It's not perfect and makes mistakes. Just tell YouTube they're wrong, and everything will be okay. :)

iagree.gif

i mean how stoopid is it to delete a video about chilis because there is a band called RHCP, if YT doesn't see it's mistake, they are retarded

Top Bottom