Heads Up! Mono uke cases at Hello Music for $59!

I believe it's free to sign up. Sorry I left out some details!! Just ran across it and thought you guys might be interested.

Thanks for the tip, I just ordered one. I was looking at those a little while back and really dug them, but the $150 price tag put me off without seeing it in person. This is a great price. I just hope the soprano doesn't swim in it.

Here's a link to the mono site where I originally checked it out…

http://monocreators.com/ukulele-concert-soprano/

Thank you so much for sharing this. I had been looking for a used one and couldn't believe the deal, so nabbed one.

It's been a week and my order is still listed as "Pending Shipping". I wonder how reliable that is. If they drop ship and don't get updates from the warehouse it may arrive before the status ever changes. Anyone else get an update on theirs?

It means that they sold out and are waiting for more to arrive. If I remember correctly, if they don't have it in 30 after you order you can contact them and cancel your order. I went through this with them 4 times in a row which made me stop giving them my business.

Thanks for the insight. That would be a letdown, I was looking forward to the case.

I was wondering, for those of you who ordered, have you received your case yet or information saying it has shipped?

This is an increasingly common ploy. There is a bicycle tire internet site that is legend for taking orders, immediately charging credit cards and then working off the float of the funds. In many, if not most cases, they do not stock the products they advertise.

Might be worthwhile to go to their site and drill down to read their "terms". Operations as I have described often list conditions that you "agree to" by placing an order that seek to preclude you from recourse within 30 days of the order. Past 30 days with no shipment often triggers other slippery conditions designed to make you wait before taking action. Some go as fas as to assert that you agree to not provide negative feedback at the risk of a "fine".

American Express came to my aid on an ill fated order for bike tires. Others have had little or no success with empty warehouse (or no warehouse) vendors. I avoid dealing with operations that don't carry stock on hand.

I would literally laugh in their face if they told me that.

Where it gets problematic is that you have to read through pages of fine print to discover that sort of language, where it exists.

There was a recent news story of a woman who went through credit rating hell because she refused to pay such a "fine" for posting a negative review. She refused to pay and her "account" was referred to a collection agency. I believe that she eventually prevailed, but not before having a home refinance effort go south because of the negative credit report.

EDIT: Here is the article:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/02/tech/couple-fined-for-negative-review/

No big deal...It's always the few that get it before someone advertises it on the web and then the world wants it. If you go to slickdeal or fatwallet, it happens all the time.

They do indicate that it can take up to 30 days for an item to ship and if they cannot ship within that time, then you have the option of canceling. I'm not holding my breath but will be pleasantly surprised if I do ever get it.

Hello Music is a slow shipper, but I've always receive everything I've ordered.

They do indicate that it can take up to 30 days for an item to ship and if they cannot ship within that time, then you have the option of canceling. I'm not holding my breath but will be pleasantly surprised if I do ever get it.

Nobody takes 30 days to ship in stock items. This policy is a catch all that allows them to carry little stock, take your order, charge your card, operate off the float and, if you are lucky, they will complete the transaction. Makes no sense to me that anyone would support operations like this. If supporting a local dealer is desirable, then choosing to order from a mail drop operation has to be at the other extreme. Just an opinion.

Nobody takes 30 days to ship in stock items. This policy is a catch all that allows them to carry little stock, take your order, charge your card, operate off the float and, if you are lucky, they will complete the transaction. Makes no sense to me that anyone would support operations like this. If supporting a local dealer is desirable, then choosing to order from a mail drop operation has to be at the other extreme. Just an opinion.

Let's say they operate off the float. You typically get up to 30 days to pay your CC and even if you 10%, then you pay an additional $6. However, you save $60 so I think that is worth it. People have received their items from this etailers and they are not upselling you like a lot of electronic etailers.

If you need you bag quickly, then this is not the place to buy it but if you an wait, it seems like a good deal.

Just my opinion but that's how I look at it. If it was a tenor case, I would have bought one

I know it's not in stock and I fully understand their business model. I'd like a Mono case, but I don't need one. To potentially buy a Mono case for $59, I can deal with it. Like I said, I'm skeptical I'll see it. But will be stoked if I, do.

23 reviews with an average of 1 out of 5 stars is pretty telling. Virtually all negative reviews report either no product or wrong product. Same ratio for complaints about no customer service response. Some reviews report being out hundreds of dollars with no product. Not sure how much more evidence is needed in order to read the writing on the wall.

The business model appears to be to tease with "too good to be true offers" and then use buyer's funds for as long as they can. Actually selling Mono uke cases at less than dealer cost (unless they are seconds), should be a pretty good indicator that the business model is questionable.

For the sake of those who have ordered from the operation, I hope I am wrong.

FWIW, I received teaser emails from this company several months ago and emailed them asking about several of the products they were offering. I gave up after two emails and no answers over a three week period.

And, the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau grade for this company if "F". Reason is 19 complaints.

Last edited:
It's been 13 days since I ordered and according to their site the case is "Almost Sold Out" and as for mine, "Pending Shipping". I wonder if they're waiting for X number of paid orders so they can then place their order for the bags and get a quantity discount.

Did anyone ever receive theirs? Mine still says "Pending Shipping"…35 days later. Not ordering from them again, that's for sure.

Top Bottom