Nud!!!!!!!!!!

pixiepurls

Reaction score
So I really loved my Moku Soprano but truth is I don't like soprano. I tried!I wanted it for size but I just don't like the cramped fingers and the over-all sound of the smaller instruments. The ukulele itself was incredibly sweet but its just not the right size for me apparently. I really wish I could have kept it but I will not keep around ukulele's I won't wind up playing or that may frustrate me and the size alone frustrated me.

So it of course made sense to get a concert next. I looked at the concert moku but it was a bit large and also mahogany and I decided to not get another mahogany as I have that already. So I put it back on the wall so I wouldn't buy it. They had some lovely brand new Islanders but I had been thinking about a used Martin they had.

In violin most professionals I talk to insist on getting a used instrument, so I rather liked that this one was used, and it still looks new. It is I think about 3 years old with one previous owner who upgraded. I got it for $299 which seems to be a very nice price for this ukulele compared to the new ones anyway.

I had to of course spiff it out with a fun case that IMHO totally matches the uke. I had the shop put a low G on it, and I plan to remove the Aquila strings... probably going to replace them with D'addario T2 Titanium brand in a few weeks.

So far I really love the size, none of the frustrations I had with the soprano. I would play worse almost every time I played a soprano and that only happens about 10% of the time on the concert, it was happening 70% of the time on the soprano sized. Messing up chords etc. The sound is very sweet/bright and clear. I believe we have a winner!

14276958166_3620e1f379_n.jpg

14276958436_5604e2907d_n.jpg

14276958706_32967a4fb8_n.jpg

14113458940_e5c41431cd_n.jpg

Bigger view (eye candy!) https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/14113458940_e5c41431cd_b.jpg

ps is there a way to make pictures bigger here??

Last edited:
nice! I love my C1K...put Martin M600's on it!

Congrats, that's a lovely uke and it sounds very nice too.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful instrument. Congratulations. Great playing, too.

Congrat on one sweet uke and welcome to the wonderful world of the concert uke (my favorite size) You picked well.

Have fun and enjoy

Congratulations! I love the concert MArtins. I've heard the new ones are hit and miss but if you get a good one....wow....
I bought an Ohana soprano, and I'm glad it was cheap, cause I'm not really sure I like it yet....if I'd bought the more expensive one and hated it....yuck....it doens't have the sound I want, maybe the Aquilas I put on are wrong for it....but my Ohana concert is one of the nicest soudning ukes I've ever played, like it better than the Martins taht cost double....but each to her own....
I hope you really enjoy it.

Sounds very sweet! I am a concert player as well - it just fits.

Top Bottom