hello, can anyone identify this banjo uke?

I'm afraid I can't identify it, but if the neck is straight, I would say "Yes, it's worth the effort." It looks a well-made instrument. In the first instance the "correct" tailpiece needn't be a major issue. Anything that fits/works should be fine provided it doesn't involve altering the instrument, then, if the "correct" device becomes known and available, it'll be the job of a few minutes to swap it over. In the mean time you'll have had the enjoyment of playing it :)

It seems to be a student model judging by the "quality" of the fretwork (think 'dull side of a butter knife'). The pot is in excellent shape, but the neck has a twist so I will need to plane it flat and re-fret it.
Considering the price of a tailpiece, tuners, bridge, skin, + shipping, I'm wondering if I can't get one that's intact for the same price?
On the other hand, I hate seeing a potentially playable vintage instrument reduced to "wall hanger" status, so I am inclined to get it up and running again.

Anybody have a source for banjo uke tailpieces? All I see is 5-string tailpieces, I'm guessing something like a tenor No Knot would work for this.

Any other suggestions?

Top Bottom