New Gretsch Koa

Elderly lists street price as $399 for concert and $429 for tenor, slightly less than comparable koa imports from Martin. All you guys complaining about the price will have to tell me where you're getting cheaper solid koa ukes.

Oh, stop, Rich. It was listed at $699 on the official site (linked below) and anyone paying anything close to that simply needs to consider other options.

To be fair, the original site listed it at MSRP, which is what nearly all manufacturers have to do (either that or MAP).

Oh, stop, Rich. It was listed at $699 on the official site (linked below) and anyone paying anything close to that simply needs to consider other options.

Stop your habitual making everyone an offender for a word and go run through the lawn sprinkler a few times.

Personal attacks are unwarranted. Please stay on topic.

Better value than a Kamoa. I think that's a pretty decent price at $429

The deluxe mahogany Gretsch was discontinued to make way for the solid koa version. We love the deluxe tenor mahogany that we have. Sounds great, looks like a very nice build, and nicely appointed. I'd love to hold and play the koa version. It looks just like the mahogany they did, just with different wood. I'd love to try a concert koa Gretsch. But, I'm saving up for a Clara, so I hope the koa Gretsch's are still in production when I get around to purchasing one.

Please play nice.

Thanks.

Elderly lists street price as $399 for concert and $429 for tenor, slightly less than comparable koa imports from Martin. All you guys complaining about the price will have to tell me where you're getting cheaper solid koa ukes.

You can get them direct from Taiwan for less.

To be fair, the original site listed it at MSRP, which is what nearly all manufacturers have to do (either that or MAP).

yeah martin has a way high price on them on their site but they often sell for $150 less on other sites!! I am very smitten with my first koa instrument.

yeah martin has a way high price on them on their site but they often sell for $150 less on other sites!! I am very smitten with my first koa instrument.

Mass produced instruments very rarely sell for their list price. List price is an artificial number set by the manufacturer; instruments are sold to dealers at a percentage of list, and it is generally up to the dealer how much they mark it up. While there is no universal truth, it is common to see an instrument readily available for sale at 20-30% below list.

And from the looks of the selling prices the separate dealerships agree on that percentage also. Most of the time.

Yup, I'd like to see that info, too.

Think so. My gf and I just bought two solid acacias for 250 each and I believe we saw some Hawaiian Koa for around $100 more. It was on ebay, Alulu was the brand and I forget the seller but I'll try and get it from my gf tomorrow.

Edit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alulu-Solid...225-/390850255991?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=

That one is to bid on but I believe if you look they have some buy now's but there's like 50 pages to look through.

Here ya go. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alulu-Solid...0-/360944637197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=it

Last edited:
Top Bottom