Uke Builders, I MAY have a deal for you.

Preacher

Reaction score
First off, I want to say I know NOTHING about making ukes. So, if none of this works, sorry for wasting your time.

Here's the deal: my grandfather-in-law has LOTS of black walnut trees he'll be removing from his property. If black walnut is a good ukulele wood, would you interested in getting some of it?

I can't quote any prices at this point, and I'm not sure how the wood would be delivered. I don't know what would have to be done to "process" the wood so it would be useful to you (cut it into boards? get it to you as logs?).

I'm simply asking to see if anyone would be interested. (I'm thinking one tree could supply lots of ukes! But again, what do I know?) I'd hate for these trees to simply become someone's campfire.

He's located in southern Wisconsin, USA. Let me know if you want more details or if this is a total waste of time.

I'd be so interested if I wasn't 6,000 miles away. Have it felled and re-sawn professionally. Avoid having it steam kiln dried. If you can't get it split into quarter cants, have it sawn through and through, keep the centre boards for musical instrument wood and sell the rest to cabinet makers.

Top Bottom