I finally have a lullaby I like to sing to the kids!

pixiepurls

Reaction score

Yay! This is my own "version", I can't sing the high pitched parts very well anyway so I just removed them and strummed through them. Some versions online have G7 but i changed it to G then found several others online had as well. Sounds better with regular G IMHO.

I wish I could sing hush little baby but the chords online for that song online just really bother me I've never found a different chord version I like.

My goal would be to have 3 or 4 songs I can sing to my girls at night. YAY! Love my martin, like.. a lot.

It does this weird thing I never noticed before with other uke's it vibrates against my stomach/chest. Or maybe I just never noticed it before...

D DU UDU
C - F - C - G

It's rough I know, I am still learning about timing and stuff.. and have no musical background.. hope I get better soon!

Sounds good! Awesome job!

Warm fuzzy-type tears in my eyes! I'm going to do this for my granddaughter (age 3 1/2) next time I see her. I'm gonna use my KPK Acacia Tenor or my Lanakai 8-string.

Mahalo, pixiepurls!

bobinde

Sounds really nice to me! I think I'll have to add this to my batch of songs! :)

CountryMouse

You have a nice quality to your voice. Maybe you could sing the "Ooo-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" part in the same octave, not up one or whatever like in the original. (And maybe your kids could do the "Oh-weem-a-wet" parts.)

You have a nice quality to your voice. Maybe you could sing the "Ooo-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" part in the same octave, not up one or whatever like in the original. (And maybe your kids could do the "Oh-weem-a-wet" parts.)

I will try that, for some reason I have a very hard time with it!

Great. The kids will have beautiful memories of this song. Many years ago I did the same with Goodnight - The Beatles.

You and the little Martin sound great!! Lucky kids get the gift of music early...nice gift.

Very awesome!

There are probably a couple of hundred songs that sound great using the DDUUDU strum pattern and CGF +/- a chord or two. It sounds to me like you're well on your way to having a whole lot of music to play for your girls!

I don't know what version you have, but this is the easiest version of Hush Little Baby I know of. I never played around with it much, but I've recently become enamored with a simple picking pattern I might try on it...

Hush Little Baby

C G7
Hush, little baby, don't say a word.
C
Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird

C G7
And if that mockingbird won't sing,
C
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring

C G7
And if that diamond ring turns brass,
C
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass

C G7
And if that looking glass gets broke,
C
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat

C G7
And if that billy goat won't pull,
C
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull

C G7
And if that cart and bull fall down,
C
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town

(The notes are screwed up and I can't gfet them to stay in the right place... You'll figure out the note changes if you just sing it while you play)

Last edited:
Good job! Our uke club performs this song and we really get into the Weem-a-weh's and the oooooouuuuuuuuuuu's and we add lots of other trills and make it fun. I like the toned down version, too. Versatile song!

I wrote a couple of songs for my boys when they were babies, but didn't have ukulele in my life back then. I need to sing them and figure out the chords.

Top Bottom