Brad Bordessa (Hippie Guy) new CD: Point A!

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
Hey, all, Brad from UU has a new CD!

I was checking out Brad's outstanding website, http://liveukulele.com/ which has everything from video tutorials (e.g. LuLu's Back In Town, Hawaiian vamps, types of virbrato, Runnin' With The Devil (low G), etc.), tabs, reviews, Skype lessons, and on and on.

Well, I discovered that Brad has a new 5-song EP CD out. Oh, man, when I listened to the sound samples (available on iTunes, GooglePLay and Amazon, so it's the real deal!), I couldn't help but pull the trigger tonight. Five awesome instrumentals.

http://liveukulele.com/point-a-by-brad-bordessa/

More opinions to follow tomorrow after I give it a couple listens (it's playing now on my computer), but just wanted all to know about this.

Brad's so helpful, but a pretty darn mellow and modest guy, never mentioned it here (I don;t think). I've never met brother Brad, but thumbs up! (Brad is now, literally, on my iPod between Boz Scaggs and The Bravery. )

Thanks for the 411 CK! Listening to it now....sooooooo good!

Wow Brad makes his Moore Bettah sing...good stuff!!

It's kind of unreal that Brad's debut recording could be so good, especially being all original tunes. I guess his close relationships with James Hill and Herb Ohta Jr and numerous great Hawaiian musicians has paid off. This is seriously great ukulele music.

Since we're talking about Brad, here's a photo of him and Dom after finishing an open mic at the 2nd Anniversary of HSG . . . Good memories!

Thank you everybody! It was a fun project. Great to finally share a bit of what I've been working so hard on over the years.

Where did you record this? The quality is impeccable. And I take it these are all original tunes? Superb!

All original. All in my bedroom (drums were done at Ryan's house).

Since we're talking about Brad, here's a photo of him and Dom after finishing an open mic at the 2nd Anniversary of HSG . . . Good memories!

What a throwback! The good year of 2008. Seems like forever ago.

Ya, I was enjoying to this for a few weeks. Ever since I saw it on the Live Ukulele facebook, followed to itunes and got it. Good music. His website is a real resource too, one day I'll really dig in.
Most hippy guys only plan on doing cool stuff. haha, jk, goo job dude.

His website is a real resource too, one day I'll really dig in.

Seconding that - I don't use a lot of online resources for ukulele, but last night I was looking for some ideas for two specific things - scales beyond major/minor/pentatonic (mixolydian, specifically) and some pinky-specific warm-up exercises, and The Google led me to Brad's site for both. Thanks, Brad!

Third that, jr40. There's so much on there on liveukulele.com

Brad, thanks for the info about your recording process; I just read the two part article on your website about your precise recording process for the EP CD. Fascinating reading.

I think hard copies of the CD are available (at least it said so on Brad's website). That's great that you got to listen to it, Andrew.

Brad plays a C. Moore now. Wow, no wonder the splendid sound. I know he had a Kamaka tenor, and I think another tenor uke, too (but I forget which). His music is a tribute to your instrument, Chuck. Wanna Moore sound sample?
Point A!

Brad and Dom. Cool photo, K. I love the new photo of Brad walking off into the air--I can't find it now to link it here.

Thanks for the heads up, CK. I have the EP playing right now. It sounds great, even through my measly iPad speaker.

Cool tunes, tasteful arrangements, masterful playing -- if you care at all about the ukulele, go and download it now!

Thanks for the headsup Steve. Bought it and will listen to it when I get home.

Good stuff! Had not come across this web site before, either. BTW, Brad, maybe you should position your EP more prominently on your home page. I suspect many tune out the sides of a web site because they're usually ads. It took me a while to find the link. Anyway, keep up the great work and resourceful site.

Top Bottom