Is This Normal?

cosmoblue

Reaction score
I bought my first uke last night. Then I went to bed and woke up several times to go and check on it. Then when I woke up this morning I got it out and have not been holding it in my hand almost constantly. I put it down to type this and I keep reaching for it. Is this normal or should I seek therapy?

Sounds about right to me.

I bought my first uke last night. Then I went to bed and woke up several times to go and check on it. Then when I woke up this morning I got it out and have not been holding it in my hand almost constantly. I put it down to type this and I keep reaching for it. Is this normal or should I seek therapy?

sounds pretty familiar to me^^ and if you're looking for therapy, UU is the place to be (well, UU is the place to be in any way)

keep ukin':shaka:

I bought my first uke last night. Then I went to bed and woke up several times to go and check on it.
I don't know what everyone is talking about...this is definitely NOT normal. You should have taken it to bed with you.

Yeah this sounds about right...my uke sits in my lap while I surf the net, and I'll pick it up when a page is loading and end up playing it for like 5 mins (page loaded after 5s). I usually feel quite naked and vulnerable without it. I'd like to think if someone came to kill me, hired or simply because they're wanting to kill someone, that they would see the ukulele and then shout the obligatory "DO YOU PLAY THAT?!" while pointing the gun at me at which point I would say "Why yessir I do..." and proceed to play perhaps Jake's versions of Time After Time or While My Guitar or Iz's Somewhere Over The Rainbow, at which point they would put the gun down, sit next to me, close their eyes, and be at peace.

Well that went on longer than I expected. :wallbash:

Ukulele Underground is the Therapy....

Hi, my name is Scott and I have a Ukulele....

It's calling to you, respond to it!!! I hold mine in my lap (even when I'm typing this right now)

Congrats on your 1st uke. perfectly normal, surprised you haven't thought about getting a new uke already.

I do that, too. I like to have it in my lap while I type. I have it here now. She says hi.

you're fine! the issue would be if you didn't have it with you most of the time ;)

Thanks everybody. It is good to know that I am in good company in my condition.

I am trying not to think about the little Koaloha that I saw. I will have to book some freelance jobs first.

Of course, coming here for therapy for your compulsive ululeleness is kind of like having a Weight Watchers meeting at the Ding Dong factory...it's not going to help you get over your addiction, but you'll have a lot of fun and been in good company at the same time...

thanks everybody. It is good to know that i am in good company in my condition.

I am trying not to think about the little koaloha that i saw. I will have to book some freelance jobs first.

do it!!! Rawr!!!

If I only had four arms, so I could play two of my 11 ukes at the same time.....wait until you get your second and third one and feel guilty for not giving them equal time. Oh, and you must have one for the car so you have something to do at stoplights. My obsession is so bad that one day when we were going on a long car ride in my husbands car and I said, "Wait, let me get my car uke outta my car." he seriously replied, "My car is a 'uke free' zone." And I thought to myself, "Well then, I don't wanna take that ride." I pouted the whole ride.......

Perfectly normal. Abnormal would be trying to feed and burp it. :)

Top Bottom