can any of you read music

The letter names of the notes are actually written on the notes in that score. C is the open third string, the lowest note on your uke if you have a high G (the most common tuning). The D is the second fret on the third string. E can be played as the open second string or the fourth fret on the third string. F is the first fret on the second string and G is the third fret. I wouldn't worry about the G notes in the bass clef, they're well below the range of your ukulele.

Take a look at this and see if you can figure it out. Your song is in the key of C, and for picking out the melody you only need to read the treble clef (the top line). It's easy!

And here's a ukulele C scale so you can see some context for where the notes are. Hope that helps! :)

thank you everyone :) very cool and helpful!!!

Time for some tough love. Learn to read! It will take you less than three weeks, half an hour a day and you'll have it the rest of your life.

Get Curt Sheller's book( see below) I used it and learned and am extremely glad I did. I only read single lines, not chords, but that has helped my singing as well as playing.

UKEREAD1

Hard Copy Book
$9.95

Add to CartView Cart
Ukulele- Reading Music Series - Primer
Learn to read single note melodies in the first/open position. It is a lot easier than you might think with this step-by-step easy to use approach. Tunings: C with low or high G - (GCEA or gCEA).

I can read music, but not enough to hurt my playing. :rolleyes:

OP, you posted a vid of you playing this song, so you already know the chords and how the melody line goes with them. So just pick out the right notes from the chords you're playing. It shouldn't be too hard. :)

Hehehehehehehe, love it! I can read music. What is weird is that I can play in treble clef on several instruments, bass cleft on trombone/euphonium and can read piano music very badly, but the re-entrant tuning on the ukulele makes my brain go into a snit when it comes to reading notation.

I can read music, but not enough to hurt my playing. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry about the G notes in the bass clef, they're well below the range of your ukulele.
Well, not necessarily. This G is the open low G string of linear tuning.

Ok, but how how do you convert that to tabs....sorry I'm still confuse

Top Bottom