Ohana Concert Pineapple

dusty

Reaction score
Wow! I'm a uke newbie, but years of guitar playing have given me decent ears, and I'm blown away by the sound of the Ohana Pineapple Concert. In fact, if it had shown up before I pulled the trigger on the Martin tenor I might have waited on that purchase. I knew I eventually wanted both a solid koa and a solid mahogany ukulele, and now I have both. Life, like the tones of these two ukes, is good (and they haven't even opened up yet....). Unbelievable for just over $200.

My guitars are lonely.

Sounds very interesting. I like the concert size---its easier to play than a soprano but retains a ukey sound---and I like the looks of pineapple.

Do you find it hard to hold? I'm not sure about the shape and all.

No. Light and easy to hold.

Sounds very interesting. I like the concert size---its easier to play than a soprano but retains a ukey sound---and I like the looks of pineapple.

Do you find it hard to hold? I'm not sure about the shape and all.

I've been interested in this pineapple, haven't had the chance to play one and likely won't unless/until I buy one! LOL But I've always liked the pineapple shape and found them comfortable to hold, more comfortable to me than the figure 8 shape but YMMV.

How would you describe the sound? Bright or warm/mellow? I know it's subjective, but opinions are helpful.

Warm, sweet, rich and resonant.

I've been looking to get a pineapple uke for a while, and thanks to this thread, I think I've found my next Uke! What's not to love. Solid, Gloss Mahogany in a concert neck. Brilliant!

Top Bottom