FS: Kamaka HF-4 Baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD: Kamaka HF-4 Baritone

This beautiful figured Kamaka koa baritone is in nearly perfect condition. While you might not notice it, the only flaw is a tiny imperfection near one edge of the fret board at the fifth fret, please see photo but it is hard to see. This instrument has had only slight use. The date stamp on the heel block is April 2, 2011. Currently it is strung with Alohi Baritone strings. The shown Ko'olau case is included.

The koa has nice figure and color. There is a fine curl that gives it a nice shimmer but the real plus is the great coloring that ranges from light to dark brown with reddish highlights.

It can be strung a variety of ways typical baritone DGBE tuning or like a long scale tenor (low G) tuned GCEA. It has a very clear and warm Kamaka baritones sound. I am selling to thin my uke collection and I prefer a 19-inch baritone scale.

SOLD. Thank you!

Recent sound sample in baritone DGBE tuning: https://app.box.com/s/dgl5i23dmlqn3758o937

P1060628_zpsb7a865bf.jpg

P1060638_zpsa0dec09d.jpg

P1060636_zpscab909db.jpg

P1060631_zpsb863ed51.jpg

Last edited:
This is gorgeous ... good luck with it! And great price.

Just curious what a 19" scale Baritone is ... thanks.

This is gorgeous ... good luck with it! And great price.

Just curious what a 19" scale Baritone is ... thanks.

Favilla baritones have a 19" scale, I'm sure there are others. The 20" scale seems to be the most common baritone scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom