Fs: Pono p-b gloss mahogany baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
PONO P-B MAHOGANY BARITONE UKULELE

I almost sold this back in January but changed my mind. This uke has some of the nicest mahogany I've ever seen, but I have 2 other bari's and this hardly gets played, which is a shame.

Solid ribbon Mahogany Top, back & sides, gloss finish.

ROSEWOOD : TOP AND BACK binding, fingerboard, BRIDGE, HEELCAP AND HEADSTOCK OVERLAY

mahogany NECK

rosette around the sound hole

Top-notch GROVER SEALED geared tuners,BLACK BUTTONS

adjustable truss rod , strap button on neck.

21.5 INCH SCALE, IT'S over an inch LONGER THAN the new ones.
under sound board pick up works fine, don't know the details, it was in the uke when I bought it.

This is an older PONO,the comparable new model is the MBD, which lists for $659, HMS price $527, and that's without a case or pickup.

THAT'S A REMOVABLE STICKER UNDER THE LOGO.. very nicely grained RIBBON Mahogany.DEEP , DARK SOUND.no cracks a few slight NICKS AND dings,some slight smudging of finish in a few places, impossible to photograph. nothing too noticeable, comes with a very nice pristine Ko'olau HSC

$350 shipped UPS ground to CONUS ,

UKECASE.jpgBACK.jpgHEAD.jpgLABEL.jpg

more pics
http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/avm1/library/PONO P-B
SOUND SAMPLE:

http://youtu.be/-GyPuzS17d0

Last edited:
Heavens to Betsy, that's gorgeous.

Last edited:
still available. this would be a great instrument to try lower [octive?] tunings on because of the longer scale length.

What exactly is the deal with the PB's? I know they are from an older production,is there any real difference from the new ones? Looks awesome. For some reason searching for this brought up little to none info. Good luck!

What exactly is the deal with the PB's? I know they are from an older production,is there any real difference from the new ones? Looks awesome. For some reason searching for this brought up little to none info. Good luck!

I don't have a new one to compare it to. I do know the scale length is longer, 21.5 inches vs. 20?, which makes it ideal for lower tunings. The mahogany is really stunning on this, but the new ones may have the same wood. maybe someone with more experience with Pono can chime in. You will have a hard time finding such a nice looking and playing bari with a pick up and great case at this price . I really should keep it , but I have others and mostly play my beat up Favilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom