Kenny hill ukebrand mainland concert ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

warndt

Reaction score
Kenny Hill Ukebrand Mainland Concert SOLD!

KENNY HILL UKEBRAND MAINLAND CONCERT UKULELE - SOLD
EC, This is a UkeBrand "Mainland" concert uke, built by top classical guitar builder Kenny Hill in Felton, California. Kenny is not making these models anymore, but when he was, they got a lot of attention and acclaim for their strong visual and sonic resemblance to vintage Martin 1-C concert ukes. It is beautifully built, and lightweight with a very light, thin satin natural finish and great open, warm, vintage tone. This one sounds and plays great. Solid mahogany construction, 12-fret rosewood fingerboard, 1-7/16" nut width, 15" scale, mahogany bridge, ebony nut & saddle, tortoise plastic-bound body, mechanical friction pegs with black buttons, made in Felton, California, USA, and comes in a VERY nice hardcase with plush lining. Selling only due to personal changes in my life.

700.00 + 45.00 Shipping Lower 48.
List price was $845.00 + Shipping back in the day..... - Not currently available from the builder - Hard to find used -

180U-1317_body-back.jpg180U-1317_body-front.jpg180U-1317_side.jpg180U-1317_front.jpg180U-1317_back.jpg

Last edited:
I have an mahogany concert Kenny Hill identical. It is perfect, the feel, the sound, the finish, for me is better than the Collings UC-1 concert that I've ever had (and sold). Good luck with the sale!

Thank you fabioponta for the kind words..and I agree with you 100%. These ukes are not as well known by the newer and younger group of ukers...however, I remember about six or seven years ago folks were feeling really lucky to even have a chance to score one of these babies. I hate to see this one go...but we have to do what we have to do in life. It's a moving target is it not?

Every time I see this thread title I read it as Benny Hill Uke. Then I think to myself, "Hey, I'd like a Benny Hill uke."

Good one Captain....I'd like one of those too! :)

The KENNY HILL UKE IS SOLD.

Good_uke_boy....You'll really like this one.

Thank you once again Good_uke_boy!!

William

Last edited:
Every time I see this thread title I read it as Benny Hill Uke. Then I think to myself, "Hey, I'd like a Benny Hill uke."

BWAAA-HAAA - me too, I thought I was the only warped one around here!

Thank you fabioponta for the kind words..and I agree with you 100%. These ukes are not as well known by the newer and younger group of ukers...however, I remember about six or seven years ago folks were feeling really lucky to even have a chance to score one of these babies. I hate to see this one go...but we have to do what we have to do in life. It's a moving target is it not?

if I had money I had bought another one!

good buy uke-boy. You'll love it!

Thanks for naming the uke. "Benny" it is.

BennyHill.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom