NUD ...sort of

iamesperambient

Reaction score
So i went to guitar center today with my friend we worked out a deal my computer and he would give me cash than i came up with an idea if he put money down on a fender tenor ukulele, i played it and my uke penis kicked in and said 'must have must have' so he paid the layaway on it with the intent of picking it up next week around. We decided tonight..i acted on impluse and now im going to get the money back and take the 400 dollars, and invest in another ukulele. I liked the sound of the fender tenor but the look just wasnt for me. As much as i always say its about the sound, it also is about the look. I'm thinking of getting a lanikai tenor or baritone with this money. As anyone tried those tender mahogany tenors? their nice but the head stock just isn't my thing i cant get past it.

Your uke penis??

:stop: way too much information :stop:

:stop: way too much information :stop:

hahahah sorry ya but on a serious note i acted on impulse i need to not do that.
trying to decide on a ukulele tenor or baritone sized thats good quality around 200
anyone have any recommendations? while the fender sounded nice it just doesnt
have the look/style i want.

Used,Mainland or Ohana. Not a fan of Lanikai at all. Some say Ponos but for me, their necks are too fat. Mainland has a great neck at that price. You have two baritones, so a tenor may work for you.
If you want a neat sound try your Rogue with Southcoast HML-CM's. Dirks classical metal strings. Tuned to and A or Bb. Incredible sound.

Used,Mainland or Ohana. Not a fan of Lanikai at all. Some say Ponos but for me, their necks are too fat. Mainland has a great neck at that price. You have two baritones, so a tenor may work for you.
If you want a neat sound try your Rogue with Southcoast HML-CM's. Dirks classical metal strings. Tuned to and A or Bb. Incredible sound.

can you point me in the direction of some links where to buy?
price range is 200 max. I'm thinking im going to go with a tenor
ill prob set it up for low G though once i get it.

i really LOVED the sound of the fender tenor uke it had great action/intonation and a beautiful sound
im just having a hard time getting past the headstock i feel like its something i may not be able to deal with.
feel like ill regret i just cos it doesnt have a 'classic' look which i prefer.

yep thats what i call the part of my brain which gets turned on by every uke i see
which causes me to want to buy them all.

Well, I guess we all know what kind of date you are, now.

A lady in our uke club has a Fender tenor uke and it sound great. It's been setup and plays very nicely. The headstock is different, and she loves it.

A lady in our uke club has a Fender tenor uke and it sound great. It's been setup and plays very nicely. The headstock is different, and she loves it.

man you people are so vanilla.
Anyway ya i dont care for the head stock i think its ugly on a ukulele. i just cant get past it.

I may end up getting the kala exotic mahogany series or the cordoba 20 series.
I'm leaning on kala somethign about cordoba feels cheap to me.
Trying to fo my research cant seem to find any recommendations for a tenor
or baritone in 200 bucks budget. I think ill pass on the 'used' concept. Used things are like
a box of chocolate you never know if one will be broke inside the box after you open it.

If you buy an expensive uke it won't stop you from wanting to keep buying. it will make you stop wanting to buy cheap ukes.

As anyone tried those tender mahogany tenors? their nice but the head stock just isn't my thing i cant get past it.

I took "As" as "Has" and "tender" as "Fender" and gave you my feedback on playing one. The other statement was an attempt at humor. Best of luck to you and your ukulele penis.

Top Bottom