Soprano Resonator ukulele

atn420

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a Soprano or smaller resonator ukulele, I'd preferably like an all metal body except for neck. Might there be any companies anyone could recommend or any suggestions, I seem to find concert or tenor but not soprano? Any references would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure Sven at Argapa made some sopranos as being the 'proper' size... and looked amazing. Send him a message or check his blog.

All of the Chinese built metal resonators, Regal, Johnson et al (I think they are built in the same factory) are soprano sized and sell for around $300 with a decently padded gig bag. Here is one : https://www.ukuleles4me.com/regal-resonator-ukulele.html
I had one. It was worth the price but that's about it.

It's important to distinguish "soprano size" from "soprano scale". The Chinese made resos John mentions are all soprano scale (15"). See the link in my previous post for a size comparison.

The National resonator ukes are an interesting breed: concert scale (15") neck on a soprano body. Not clear on what your reasons for wanting a soprano resonator are, but I do know that as someone who until recently almost exclusively played sopranos, I found this hybrid combination to be pretty perfect: small enough to hold and play comfortably, loud as a resonator should be but with the sweetness of a smaller uke.

I'm trying to find a Soprano or smaller resonator ukulele, I'd preferably like an all metal body except for neck. Might there be any companies anyone could recommend or any suggestions, I seem to find concert or tenor but not soprano? Any references would be greatly appreciated.

I would love a soprano resonator, ive noticed most reso ukes are always concert or tenor sized.
A resonator baritone would also be nice as well.

I'm sure the concert neck is needed for adequate string tension.

I have a Stuart Wailing Soprano ukulele. It's one of his older ones. I got it in a trade and the person who had it before me is a luthier and made some adjustments to the tail piece. It sounds great.
SW UKU.jpg

I'm sure the concert neck is needed for adequate string tension.

Soprano resonators work fine, with enough tension to drive the cone. Sven's Argapa resonators are lovely, and the one I just completed (13.5 inch scale) pleases me.

20160212_092407_zpszodsvhhd.jpg

I thought so. I went to Sven's web page. lovely ukulele's, reasonably priced.

side-note: I love MOT. My Maternal granny had a pink bathroom. pink sink, tub, toilet, paint on the walls...and a pink MOT toilet seat. it was like being in a bottle of Pepto Bismal. I would sneak in there and stare at that toilet seat until someone one would yell at me.

Top Bottom