Da Silva 3K Ukulele and Fiberglass Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatalieS

Reaction score
I would like sell my DaSilva 3K replica soprano uke (#243). This uke is light as a feather, impeccably made with incredible materials, and it plays like butter. The sound is very vintage and very soprano, perfect for Tin Pan Alley style playing and the sort. Physically, the uke is in excellent condition although it does have some light strum marks on the soundboard. Also, there is some bellying/dishing of the soundboard adjacent to the bridge. It doesn't affect the tone, and the bridge is level. I have discussed this with Mike and he said it is not of concern, as he builds his instruments very light.

Specs include curly koa top, back, and sides, ebony fretboard, ivoroid binding, and Peghed tuners. Full specs are described at: http://www.ukemaker.com/images/UkeGallery/243-S3K.jpg

I am located in north-central Florida. Reduced price: asking $1200 shipped within conUS. The uke will come with its DaSilva-exclusive fiberglass case. I've read here on the forum that a new DaSilva 3K costs $2,500 to commission, so I hope this uke will make someone very happy at a lower cost.

These are brand new pics, along with a video. I'm also including a picture of the "dishing". Feel free to PM questions. Thanks!

IMG_2443_zpsfae66389.jpg

IMG_2444_zps841823af.jpg

IMG_2451_zps9322a2cb.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! :drool: Wow!! And you're a good player, Natalie. Cute when you say "sorry" , even though you play well (nice multifinger picking...not this thumb only stuff like some).

Last edited:
Lowered the price to match the last time I had it up for sale. :)

Beautiful uke. Just a side note: Three of the best-sounding ukes I've owned (a Martin 0, a Martin baritone and a Maui Music Deluxe concert) all had that dishing. I now consider it a good sign when I see a little of that on an uke. Good luck with the sale.

That's beautiful. Oh man, I wish I had the money right now but I just don't. Someone will love this.

Oh, man. Every time one of these comes up I am so incredibly tempted. And then I have to remind myself that I seldom play sopranos any more. Sometimes I wish I just wasn't so darned practical! Best of luck with the sale, Natalie.

Thanks for your replies. :) I certainly hope this uke will make someone very happy. I'm playing uke so little nowadays and have moved to tenor guitar instead.

Here is Mine Nat, that is a very good price you got there... New Arrivals 9.20.12 015.jpgAloha Nat...Good luck on the sale...I got one too and it sounds amazing with the same dip on the soundboard...hope you been well, have not heard from you in a while..
take care and happy strummings... yes these ukes do sing and the prices currently have risen up high too

Last edited:
Aloha Nat...Good luck on the sale...I got one too and it sounds amazing with the same dip on the soundboard...hope you been well, have not heard from you in a while..
take care and happy strummings... yes these ukes do sing and the prices currently have risen up high too

Hi Stan, good to hear from you! Hope you are well. :) Yeah the Da Silvas are hard to beat. They are just so well done, light as a feather.

One last offer before heading to ebay. :)

Lowered price: $1200 shipped within conUS!

Ughhhhhhh why is this still here? Seriously shocked someone hasn't purchased it yet. Even before the price drop! Speechless. The 3Ks are pretty much DaSilva's specialty, are they not? I have a Laughlin 3K and no money and every time this is bumped it kills me. Haha. It has to sell soon, it's just that the right person hasn't caught wind of it yet. Hang in there and good luck with the sale! -- Matt

Thanks for the kind words, Matt. This is a special instrument for sure, but I think the market is just pretty full right now and there are a lot of fine ukes to choose from. I'm not dropping the price any more than this. If it doesn't sell I'll hang on to it and try again at a later date, although I would definitely like to see it get played rather than sitting in its case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom