NUD Sort Of

steel rider

Reaction score
I traded my Mainland Soprano for a blem Concert and had a pickup installed for kicks. Turns out I didn't really like the Concert so I put it up for sale, with plans to get a Fluke Tenor instead. I figured I'd then have my Pono AT, Makai soprano, and a cool Fluke tenor and be done (not to mention the CBU parts in the garage). No one went for the sale, perhaps because the Mainland had visible glue from the repair.

I just got back from the shop here in Alameda. They swapped my Mainland Concert for a Mainland Tenor (matte finish) at no charge. Even swapped the bag and installed a strap pin. It has a blem also, which you can see on the fretboard.

My thinking was/is that the Mainland Tenor would be easier to sell because of the size and lack of slightly unsightly glue. I have to say this Mainland has some good sound and feel to it. It indeed rivals the Pono though I haven't changed the strings yet. Tonight I will throw on the Living Waters low g strings and really try it out. On another note I wonder if the Mainland is simply better with Aquila re-entrant. Will see.

I still want a Fluke Tenor, but it might be difficult deciding with of my existing tenors to get rid of!

Pardon my rambling. Just sharing.
Tim

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 35
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 30
Just a note that might be helpful to people looking for a tenor uke and looking at Mainland because of your high degree of intelligence. :)

The Mainland tenor has a much narrower body than most others, with no apparent loss in sound quality or volume. This could make it feel more comfortable to many folks. I've grown used to my Pono but the Mainland feels comparatively light and airy, if that makes sense.

And look at the photo. Homer loves it!

Congratulations! I'm getting more and more curious about the Mainland ukes.....I love the look and sound!

Congratulations! I'm getting more and more curious about the Mainland ukes.....I love the look and sound!

Well would you be interested in buying the Mainland? I just got word that I have a deal on a Fluke tenor and can't justify (to my wife) having three tenor ukes in the house.

image.jpg
Switched the new Mainland to Living Water low G. Wow it's nice. But I have to get rid of one of these for the long lusted after Fluke that will be on the way next week. Tough decision but the Pono is like family. The Mainland is just a sexy new lover I think.
I think I will put her up for adoption next week. They look good together though don't they?;)

Mainland's are a great value. Sound great/look great. I have a mahogany tenor and it's smooth

Top Bottom