Help! Need to sell Mainland CM Matte Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steel rider

Reaction score
Just picked this up yesterday as a store trade. Price tag on it was $249.
It is new and has a Blem which you can see on the fret board as a dark line down on the body end.

Selling because my wife will be none too happy when I tell her to look out for a new uke on the way next week. I like it a lot so I may hide it in my home office if no takers. :)

Price is $180 plus shipping. Includes original Aquila strings and the Livi g Water low g set I installed, gig bag, strap pin installed, strap if you want it.

Thanksimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

After the third ukulele your wife won't even care anymore.

True about that ... I started playing uke in Dec 2013. I now have 4 Pono's ... in less than 6 months.

Yep...just tell her you realized that ukes are cheaper than mistresses...okay...maybe not a good thing to mention...

Good luck with the sale.

John

Um, yeah, I'm pretty sure my wife would be in prison and my kids wards of the state if I got a fourth uke without getting rid of one...oh, yeah, and I'd be dead.
Ironically, I am looking for another tenor to replace my concert, though...

Yep...just tell her you realized that ukes are cheaper than mistresses...okay...maybe not a good thing to mention...

Good luck with the sale.

John
Unless the mistress plays Uke too.

I don't suppose you could convince the wife that you took up wood working and actually built the Uke yourself. "Gosh, I'm talented".

Sigh........

OK. Never mind.
:confused:

You guys are SO helpful. :)
I'm going to bring it to my uke class tonight in Berkeley. If no one wants it I will just keep it. Like I said I do like it but Having three tenors seems odd to me. Though Pono in the house, Mainland in the office, Fluke in the car and on the road could work!

You guys are SO helpful. :)
I'm going to bring it to my uke class tonight in Berkeley. If no one wants it I will just keep it. Like I said I do like it but Having three tenors seems odd to me. Though Pono in the house, Mainland in the office, Fluke in the car and on the road could work!

Hmmm...if having three tenors is odd I'm downright weird at five...and I know guys with a lot more than that! (All five of mine get played pretty regularly, too...)

John

Yep...just tell her you realized that ukes are cheaper than mistresses...
There are a lot of things you could compare your uke costs to.

Golf is a notoriously expensive hobby, greens fees can cost a small fortune. Other people are into cars or clothes/jewelry or dining out at fancy restaurants or whatever.

My husband spent more on a home theater sound system than I've spent on all my ukes put together. But I knew it meant a lot to him, and he knew my ukes meant a lot to me. So we didn't begrudge each other such things. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I have seven tenors. One each of soprano, concert and baritone, and a guitalele. But tenors are my thing. :p

Last edited:
I'm going to bring it to my uke class tonight in Berkeley.
Sorry, off sale topic - but was wondering if you're doing the advanced classes at DaSilva or a member of the Berk Uke Club?? Was curious about what kind of turn out those classes get & if it's worth the ~half-hour or so drive each way -- I'm sadly back on 'da mainland for what appears to be a fair stretch..
:wallbash:

Just tell spouse that each ukulele reminds you of a certain joyous event in your lives (think quickly of a few). Cement that by naming each ukulele appropriately. If it works, let me know and I'll try it, too.

Just make sure that the names aren't those of old girlfriends...

Sorry, off sale topic - but was wondering if you're doing the advanced classes at DaSilva or a member of the Berk Uke Club?? Was curious about what kind of turn out those classes get & if it's worth the ~half-hour or so drive each way -- I'm sadly back on 'da mainland for what appears to be a fair stretch..

I get over to DaSilvas fairly regularly...reverse commute for you...check it out....some nice people show up.

No I took an intermediate class from Hiram Bell at Freight and Salvage. I've heard DaSilva is really good if you are an advance player - if that's who I'm thinking of. He has classes in his shop.

Found a home.

Going to give it to my mother in law. They just moved I to a retirement community that offers uke lessons. No doubt she will surpass my skills in three months!

I get over to DaSilvas fairly regularly...reverse commute for you...check it out....some nice people show up.
No I took an intermediate class from Hiram Bell at Freight and Salvage. I've heard DaSilva is really good if you are an advance player - if that's who I'm thinking of. He has classes in his shop.
Mahalo for the replies & info, guys. DaSilva's sounds like a worthy endeavor, sonomjazz ... I'd really like to participate in any of his future luthiery workshops as well, so think I'll peruse the website & see if there's a way to receive info on upcoming events..

Thanks again, and nice move on hookin'-up the m.in-law, steel rider - certainly a good way to spread some effective aloha! ;)

Hi, the picture shows the mainland with fret markers on 10 fret, I thought their tenors had the fret marker on 9th. Did you sell the mainland yet?

Hi, the picture shows the mainland with fret markers on 10 fret, I thought their tenors had the fret marker on 9th. Did you sell the mainland yet?

I've never heard of the marker being on the 9th fret.
I gave the uke to my in-laws.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom