Sideways Eight, Cuban Mahogany, Kasha, Tenor

mrhandy

Reaction score
I am offering up a Uke that I had not intended to sell. It is a Kasha braced Tenor made of salvaged true quarter sawn Cuban Mahogany. Cereal number 29.
This Uke as a beautiful balanced warm tone and has very nice low action on a radiuses fingerboard. It has a Carbon Fiber truss rod in the Mahogany and rosewood neck, a rosewood bridge and fingerboard, and Grover tuners. This Uke was built from the last set of Cuban mahogany I have and I do not expect to have any more of this quality any time soon. It really was a special set IMO. I have a lot more information on the origins of all the wood in this Tenor as I work with a company, Viable Lumber, that salvages trees here in Florida. This gives me access to species that are otherwise unavailable and gives me the ability to dictate how the material is sawn. I also take advantage and dry the material myself to insure proper seasoning and moisture content. The only part of the process I am not normally involved in is felling the tree, though I have been know to pick up a chainsaw on occasion.

The finish on this uke is Odie's Oil, a finish I have switched to exclusively. It gives this uke a beautiful satin finish that allows the true beauty of the wood to shine through. It is incredibly easy to maintain, does not show fingerprints, and preserves and protects the wood from moistures changes and use.

This Ukulele will come with a black Uke Crazy case from Uke Republic.

Price is $1500 shipped CONUS
If you have any question please let me know. I am happy to answer any I can.
you can also take a look at my website
www.sideways8uke.com
or my facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gibson-Woodworking/198581590153443
The picture with the box elder concert shows the true color of the Cuban mahogany. I am hoppy to provide more pictures upon request.

Attachments

• twoukes.jpg
    twoukes.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 78
  • twoukes2.jpg
    twoukes2.jpg