Song Help Request Close to you.

zebullon

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
Is it possible for someone to share the ukulele tab of "Close to you" cover by the great Jake Shimabukuro, it's a songi'm in love with.
Thanks for it.

I might be doing a video tutorial on this in the near future. Judging from the tutorial I just completed today (Something by George Harrison) this one will also take multiple videos to present all the goods.

Woah. Video tutorial on close to you? That'd be sweet! After I heard Aldrine's version, I knew it was a song that I wanted to learn eventually. But after searching through my iTunes, I guess I have Jakes version in there too, ripped from his Sunday Morning CD (one of the downsides of having too many songs is not knowing what you have.) =)

Hey Dom, great tutorial for Something. Really helped me to fill in some blank spots. Thanks.

tanks again Dom! once i get some time away from all my work stuff (and trying fo find work) i no can wait fo learn um! Looking forward to close to you!

I might be doing a video tutorial on this in the near future. Judging from the tutorial I just completed today (Something by George Harrison) this one will also take multiple videos to present all the goods.

you do tutorials?? :| whats the link, yes im aware that im an idiot and its probably something i have watched before... but i would love for this song to be taught, i listened to it about 100 on youtube when jake and guting play it

Thanks for the answers.
And if anyone got the tabs, post here as i think everybody would be glad to start learning it.
:D

I recorded a version a while back based on the Jake video. Will talk to Dom and try to map out the chords over the weekend.

I recorded a version a while back based on the Jake video. Will talk to Dom and try to map out the chords over the weekend.

Great arrangement! I'm sure we'd all love instruction or tabs on your version.
Not only is the song beautiful, but let's not beat around the bush here. We just want to play it to get laid. Am I right, gentlemen?;)

Close To You - Video Tutorial - Intro Part 1

Here is the first part of the intro possibilities for Close to You. An intro isn't absolutely necessary but I know some of you were interested in one.

I taped the footage for just the intro this evening and it appears it will spill over into a 3rd video. So I'm guessing this entire song is going to take a minimum of 6 videos to present the entire song. I could try to shorten them but I'm afraid it would compromise the end result.

I will get at least the second video posted tomorrow, hopefully, both of them to finish the intro. This should keep you busy for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkK2s2Q92hY

Excellent video, Dominator. I'm real excited for this.
It's actually kind of nice that you don't have tabs and just tell the viewer to make some timing and feeling variations within the music--it lets us really just make it our own piece from those little nuances.
Thanks, can't wait for the rest.

Great tutorial, Dom.

As for playing the song to get laid, that thought hadn't occurred to me....nor my wife!

Top Bottom