Nearly NUD - 3 kinnards

billten

Reaction score
Well, they are almost on their way and Kevin kindly took a few pix to get the anticipation to a fever pitch.

There is a tenor (mine), a concert (the lovely bride) and a soprano (my son), specs are:
Tenor - honduran rosewood back and sides, Engleman Spruce top, maple neck with rosewood insert, 12 fret to the body and then all the other Kinnard goodness
Concert - rosewood back and sides, cedar top, mahogany neck...
Soprano - rosewood back and sides, cedar top, maple neck...

One thing that i thought was cool was i managed to score some of the new peghed tuners. They are shorter than the old ones and IMO look a lot better with less body sticking out the back.

Enjoy the pix and once i get them and they open up a little i'll get some samples up.

Attachments

• IMG_5829.jpg
    IMG_5829.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5835.jpg
    IMG_5835.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5852.jpg
    IMG_5852.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5868.jpg
    IMG_5868.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5869.jpg
    IMG_5869.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 91
Suh-weet! Will be very nice!

The three amigos are looking very festive. Just beautiful, love the headstock inlay. You wifes concert has a dark binding, what material is it.

I really love the look of the shorter pegheads, the longer ones aways looked a little weird to me. Thanks for pointing that out, I did not know about the shorter ones.

Last edited:
The binding on the concert is a faux turtle, i'm pretty sure it's plastic but has a turtle shell color. Agreed on the look of the long pegheds, they always looked wrong to me and when Bill the peghed distributor offered me 3 sets of the first run i was all over it. Really cool...

Congrats!

Awesome that your family is now a Kinnard family. A family uke video would be great!

Congrats!

Awesome that your family is now a Kinnard family. A family uke video would be great!

Very much agreed Hodge.

I still have this feeling that Bill has pulled off a major end game here. He has the tenor and somehow his wife just happens to like concert size, somehow his son just happens to like soprano. Some kinda conspiracy on Bills part to get all three sizes. "Oh gee honey Mr Kinnard only has enough wood left to build a concert and soprano after he has finished my tenor".

Well played sir.

Hahahaha, superb conspiracy theory Dave, except I live in Montreal, my son lives and works in Toronto and Krissy, my wife, is currently stationed in Cebu, Philippines. So after a lot of gratuitous 'testing' of the three amigos i'll have to fess up and pass them on and only get to play when i'm visiting...

Very much agreed Hodge.

I still have this feeling that Bill has pulled off a major end game here. He has the tenor and somehow his wife just happens to like concert size, somehow his son just happens to like soprano. Some kinda conspiracy on Bills part to get all three sizes. "Oh gee honey Mr Kinnard only has enough wood left to build a concert and soprano after he has finished my tenor".

Well played sir.

I was wondering where those ukuleles were going. I had seen those in John's shop being built. My son's and mine were on the schedule to follow yours. As all of John's ukuleles your 3 looks and sound fabulous. Congratulations!!

Dennis Kim
Well, they are almost on their way and Kevin kindly took a few pix to get the anticipation to a fever pitch.

There is a tenor (mine), a concert (the lovely bride) and a soprano (my son), specs are:
Tenor - honduran rosewood back and sides, Engleman Spruce top, maple neck with rosewood insert, 12 fret to the body and then all the other Kinnard goodness
Concert - rosewood back and sides, cedar top, mahogany neck...
Soprano - rosewood back and sides, cedar top, maple neck...

One thing that i thought was cool was i managed to score some of the new peghed tuners. They are shorter than the old ones and IMO look a lot better with less body sticking out the back.

Enjoy the pix and once i get them and they open up a little i'll get some samples up.

Thanks Dennis, can't wait to see the back set on your's once completed, it looks amazing...

I was wondering where those ukuleles were going. I had seen those in John's shop being built. My son's and mine were on the schedule to follow yours. As all of John's ukuleles your 3 looks and sound fabulous. Congratulations!!

Dennis Kim

I know, once they arrive next week i intend to do a NPD 'new tuner day' review on the peghed because i'm so curious as to how they will be. Can't wait. Also i heard that you will shortly be able to get them in a polished aluminium too if that is your taste.

Congratulations to all 3 of you! Nice to know there are shorter PegHeds, thought I was the only one who found the long ones, well, too long, and kinda weird/awkward.

Top Bottom