FS: Solid mahogany tenor (OS240SWK) w/ hard case, and a few issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swb

Reaction score
For sale: Oscar Schmidt 240SWK (solid mahogany, matte finish) tenor ukulele. First - the full disclosure. This uke (which I bought online 6 months ago) was new but a factory "blem", with the dealer calling attention to some minor flaws in the finish just below the soundhole (see pic below). I have noticed another issue: the fretboard is slightly warped at its lower end (see pic). The warping is discernible in the 4 lowest frets, with everything looking nice and flat above that. The warping has no effect on the way the uke plays (not that I spend any time on those frets down there over the body...)

The good news the uke looks and sounds great. The mahogany top is gorgeous, with a very interesting figuring. The mahogany on the sides and back is more ordinary but with a beautiful matte finish. The sealed Grover tuners are silky smooth. The uke (which is now strung with Worth browns) has a nice ring-y, woody tone, brighter than my acacia Pono tenor for sure. The official Oscar Schmidt case is fine - very sturdy if a bit heavy. If you are looking for great sounding tenor that you can haul around without worry, this one would be a good choice. I am only selling to make room for a new arrival, expected later this week.

You will find the OS240SWK online new for around $300, with the blems going for about $190. This great sounding but slightly flawed beauty is yours for $135, which includes shipping to CONUS. Paypal works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom