FS: Oscar Schmidt solid mahogany tenor w/ hard case, and a few issues...

swb

Reaction score
FS: Oscar Schmidt solid mahogany tenor w/ case & a few issues...*$115 shipped*

For sale: ** PRICE REDUCED $115 shipped (CONUS) ** Oscar Schmidt 240SWK (solid mahogany, matte finish) tenor ukulele. First - the full disclosure. This uke (which I bought online 6 months ago) was new but a factory "blem", with the dealer calling attention to some minor flaws in the finish just below the soundhole (see pic below). I have noticed another issue: the fretboard is slightly warped at its lower end (see pic). The warping is discernible in the 4 lowest frets, with everything looking nice and flat above that. The warping has no effect on the way the uke plays (not that I spend any time on those frets down there over the body...)

The good news the uke looks and sounds great. The mahogany top is gorgeous, with very interesting figuring. The sealed Grover tuners are silky smooth. The uke (which is now strung with Worth browns) has a nice ring-y, woody tone, brighter than my acacia Pono tenor for sure. The official Oscar Schmidt case solidly built. If you are looking for great sounding tenor that you can haul around without worry, this one would be a good choice. I am only selling to make room for a new acquisition.

Now $115, which includes shipping to CONUS. Paypal only.

OS240SWK-in-case-web.jpgOS240SWK-finish-flaws-web.jpg
OS240SWK-fretboard-end-web.jpgOS240SWK-front-closeup-web.jpg

Last edited:
Father's Day bump for price reduction.

Bump for price reduction. Now $115 shipped (CONUS).

Top Bottom