Help with my Martin CK1!

pixiepurls

Reaction score
I am trying to re-string it with T2 D'addario Concert strings. The A string went fine, the Martin has that weird bridge type that you sort of slip the string in and the knot goes below a gap or whatever. A string is fine, but the E string seems to thick to slip into the slot?? I tried to bend a tip and stick up up from behind sort of but it won't bend easily enough to even try that. I don't want to damage my bridge forcing it in? The A string sounds so pretty, frustrated not to be able to finish!

I am trying to re-string it with T2 D'addario Concert strings. The A string went fine, the Martin has that weird bridge type that you sort of slip the string in and the knot goes below a gap or whatever. A string is fine, but the E string seems to thick to slip into the slot?? I tried to bend a tip and stick up up from behind sort of but it won't bend easily enough to even try that. I don't want to damage my bridge forcing it in? The A string sounds so pretty, frustrated not to be able to finish!

Never mind I popped the string in finally, was kinda scary!!! lol

I forget which brand was a snug fit on my C1K, but it went in. It seems Martin designed the bridge for Martin strings, and it does work better than Kamaka's concert bridge.

How do the T2 strings sound?

I forget which brand was a snug fit on my C1K, but it went in. It seems Martin designed the bridge for Martin strings, and it does work better than Kamaka's concert bridge.

How do the T2 strings sound?

Louder then the aquila's. A little clearer.... so I'm happier but I think I still want to experiment? When I put the T2's on the mahogany moku it was like, perfection. The Aquila's on my mahogany tenor kala are also perfect. I don't think I've found perfect for the martin yet. Im not sure I like them being louder, but I like them being clearer. Aquila's sounded a bit muddy and dull on it. It's Koa.

and as you asked, not sure if you can tell the difference...

Aquila:
https://giveit100.com/@pixiepurls/n9wk8h/88

T2:
https://giveit100.com/@pixiepurls/n9wk8h/89 (so loud it sounds worse hah cause its too loud for my crappy computer, but you can hear how its clearer I think!).

Aquila! That was the brand. I installed a set of Oasis, and haven't looked back. Clarity, tone, and volume. Tension is only a bit more than Martin's concert set.

Aquila's sounded a bit muddy and dull on it. It's Koa.

I had the exact same experience with Aquilas on my CK1 and restrung it with the Martin strings that it came with. I'm now trying brown Worth medium tension strings and am not too sure if I notice a difference between them and the Martins, although they do sound better than the Aquilas did. They seem a little harder to play though, maybe I'm a low tension kinda guy. I do like the look of brown strings against the Koa.

I have Oasis "bright" strings on my Kala soprano and really like them a lot. I'll eventually try 'em on the Martin too.

As for the bridge, I've had some episodes of not tying a big enough knot and having the string pull through the bridge. THAT is scary as heck!

I had the exact same experience with Aquilas on my CK1 and restrung it with the Martin strings that it came with. I'm now trying brown Worth medium tension strings and am not too sure if I notice a difference between them and the Martins, although they do sound better than the Aquilas did. They seem a little harder to play though, maybe I'm a low tension kinda guy. I do like the look of brown strings against the Koa.

I have Oasis "bright" strings on my Kala soprano and really like them a lot. I'll eventually try 'em on the Martin too.

As for the bridge, I've had some episodes of not tying a big enough knot and having the string pull through the bridge. THAT is scary as heck!

it's a totally weird bridge, really had me freaked out lol!

Top Bottom