First ever youtube video

Good first video! I'm an olde phart and not familiar with the band and I don't know if you were looking for critique/advice...if not just ignore me! I think you've got great potential and I can hear a really nice, smooth voice that wants to be set free. The strumming was good but the voice sounded a little hesitant...kind of like you were afraid someone was going to hear you (if that's the style of the song, I apologize, as I said I'm not familiar with the band).

I'd say let her rip next time - let the voice out of the cage. Don't worry about mistakes, at least at first, find out what your voice can do because I think from the little I heard here that you've got some pipes if you'll just open 'em up! As somebody with a lot more talent than I'll ever have once told me..."it's better to stake your territory clearly, even if a bit imperfectly, than to be timid." Yeah, that sounds like they were talking about war, but actually they were talking about my bass playing (and the same carries to voice, IMHO).

John

Ditto to everything oldephart said. You have a nice quality to your voice. The more you perform the more you will loosen up. I enjoyed your vid.

Good first video! I'm an olde phart and not familiar with the band and I don't know if you were looking for critique/advice...if not just ignore me! I think you've got great potential and I can hear a really nice, smooth voice that wants to be set free. The strumming was good but the voice sounded a little hesitant...kind of like you were afraid someone was going to hear you (if that's the style of the song, I apologize, as I said I'm not familiar with the band).

I'd say let her rip next time - let the voice out of the cage. Don't worry about mistakes, at least at first, find out what your voice can do because I think from the little I heard here that you've got some pipes if you'll just open 'em up! As somebody with a lot more talent than I'll ever have once told me..."it's better to stake your territory clearly, even if a bit imperfectly, than to be timid." Yeah, that sounds like they were talking about war, but actually they were talking about my bass playing (and the same carries to voice, IMHO).

John
thanks! ill take this into consideration while playing

Top Bottom