FS: Lame Horse Tenor (with cowgirl!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevieBGoode

Reaction score
SOLD: Nice Cedar Top Tenor (with cowgirl!)

Lame Horse Instruments ‘Komona Wauna Leiya’ tenor with solid cedar top, back and sides of high-quality laminated willow and some very retro artwork on the back. The brand name may be lame, but the uke is not.

Structurally and functionally identical to the Ohana TK50-WG, this instrument was imported, inspected, set up and marketed by Chris and Jeremy Jenkins of Lame Horse Instruments. They also added the cowgirl pinup art on the back. They are highly-regarded luthiers and their dealers include Guitar Gallery and Dream Guitars. Since I live nearby, I was able to meet Jeremy prior to finalizing the purchase. He checked out the uke and gave me the background information. He also assured me that the artwork could be removed without damaging the finish, as long as it is done carefully.

More info on Lame Horse.

Very good sound with the cedar top providing a balanced tone somewhere between mahogany and spruce. It is also quite loud. Here’s a Sound Sample - please pardon my newbie playing.

It is in as-new condition with no apparent signs of use. The OHSC shown is included. I purchased it new for my wife about 3 months ago. Unfortunately, she was not able to overcome some physical issues and can no longer play.

The price is now $275, including insured shipping to continental U.S. and Paypal fees. 48 hour approval, buyer pays shipping both ways if returned.

Click on any image to see additional photos.

Specs:

Solid cedar top
Figured Willow laminate back & sides
Rosewood fingerboard & bridge
Rope purfling and rosette
Mahogany binding
Grover Sta-Tite geared tuners
Bone nut & saddle
Gloss finish

Please PM me to purchase or get more info.

Thanks!

-- Steve

Last edited:
Wow, she's real purty!

Wow! Nice looking tenor and that binding is super classy.

That's quite a looker. :)

I'm curious as to how the artwork was done... is it on a film type of plastic or such that can be peeled off?

Yes, that's correct - it's a plastic film similar to what is used for advertising art on cars.

-- Steve

Last edited:
Nice Uke and sounds pretty nice....
PS when selling ukes, no say lame horse tenor..LOL it implies and I get an initial impression of a bad uke which this is NOT....How can someone name their business and product that is
beyond me...ha ha good luck on the sale...Happy Strummings

I realized that the sound sample didn't really do justice to this ukulele. Turns out I forgot to normalize the audio level. I've uploaded a new file. Same recording, just normalized.

-- Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom