uke is breaking.

bundy

Reaction score
havnt been to the forums in a while bcus i didnt want to see another ukulele and buy another one.

anyways. my uke is starting to break. the neck is starting to seperate from the body. the fret board is still connected but the rest of the neck is ready to peel off of the body. even the binding that hold the back and side together is coming off with the neck. i couldnt afford a uke back then, i still cant afford a uke now. anyone know what i can do?

You may be able to salvage the little guy. i would post in the Luthier's Lounge on this website and get the input of some builders. I bet you could take the strings off, glue it up, clamp and rubber band everything and have a decent fix for some extra milage out of it yet.

Pictures would help us all provide you with any advice as well.

no glue. no camera.
what kind of glue should i get?

Go to the home center/hardware store and get titebond, the regular not waterproof. Get a brush and puch the glue into the joint and then get something to clamp the neck on. Alot of elastic, some thing that will hold it together until the glue dries, I'd leave it there for at least 12 hours, 24 better.

Do you live in an incredibly dry climate? I'd be afraid for my other ukes if you do and maybe look into some humidifiers and whatnot. Good luck with your uke. :shaka:

Go to the home center/hardware store and get titebond, the regular not waterproof. Get a brush and puch the glue into the joint and then get something to clamp the neck on. Alot of elastic, some thing that will hold it together until the glue dries, I'd leave it there for at least 12 hours, 24 better.

thanks. i'll prolly try to do it tomoro.
hopefully it'll last at least 6 months so i can try to get a mahogany kala on my birthday.

shux... i think mines starting to depart.. from the body, but not sure.

same thing happened to mine. except mine was a $10 one from the philippines. it ended up sepearatin after getting sat on. get some clamps an glue it together

Top Bottom