Pono Baritone - Great Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy B

Reaction score
I purchased this baritone from another UUer because I wanted to see if I needed to still have a baritone in my collection after selling my Martin bari last year. I decided my first instinct was right: baritone just feels too big for me. But I came away thoroughly impressed by this Pono.

Two things in particular really grabbed me about this uke: the lightness of the instrument and the fantastic action. In addition to the aforementioned Martin, I've owned Favillas, Kamakas, a Vega Deluxe Solo Lute, and a Guild baritone ... and none of them could match the easy playability of this Pono. In particular, the adjustable truss rod is an amazing feature at this price point. (And yes, I did, in fact, give it a turn when I switched out the old owner's strings for something lighter.)

The tone is sweet and full, and I really can't find anything bad to say about this uke ... except that it's too big for me!

This uke is marked as a factory second, but is in great condition. There is one small edge ding from the previous owner, and I note some very tiny, faint marks on the bottom edge. Overall, it's really clean, sounds great and is a dream to play.

Asking $... shipped (U.S. 48). Please PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking. -- Tom

Attachments

• IMGP1696 copy.jpg
    IMGP1696 copy.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMGP1695 copy.jpg
    IMGP1695 copy.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMGP1697 copy.jpg
    IMGP1697 copy.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMGP1698 copy.jpg
    IMGP1698 copy.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Just a clarification: Price includes insured shipping via U.S. Postal Service. I box my ukes light and strong for the trip:). Payment is by check, money order or PayPal gift only. Thanks!

Some more info, since I keep getting asked: The ukulele is tuned DGBE with new D'Addario Titanium strings. I also have a set of Aquila GCEA (low G) strings for baritone that I will include at no charge. There is no case at this price, but I do have a very beat-up old Kamaka baritone case that I can throw in for the cost of the extra shipping (a few bucks at most). However, the Kamaka case does not have working latches. I keep it closed with a bungee cord. It does the job for protecting the uke in the house, but I wouldn't travel with it.:)

Somebody buy this thing!!!! I cant afford to not NOT buy this right now :D

Damn...you gotta strike quick or you lose around here! Congrats to the winner...this is an awesome deal for somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom