Any builders willing to do a tenor A/E under $1000?

itsscottwilder

Reaction score
I have no complaints about the production ukes out there. But I would like to have one made expressly for me.

I don't make money with music and I'm not looking for any major one-off customizations.

I know know some builders here will be offended that I can only budget $1000, but that's all I can budget.

I would be willing to consider a builder who is still "learning their craft"

If you're willing, please contact me via email: itsscottwilder (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks!!!

You may want to consider a Mya-Moe Tradition for a little bit more. They make a wonderful instruments and you can pick your wood.

Mitch

maybe your thread should be in the builder/luthier's forum... :)

Last edited:
Look at Boat Paddle Ukulele Co.
Their website presently has a Kayak tenor at $875. With a pickup installation that would be nearer $1100. They are beautiful and distinctive 'ukulele. He might know how to spec a build to your price point. He is in eastern Missouri and you could have the additional pleasure of visiting the workshop.

Full disclosure. My interest in Boat Paddle is purely prurient. I lust after a Kayak model myself. I have no financial interest.

Boat Paddle organizes hosts the Mighty Mo Uke Fest every summer.

I can second the recommendation for Covered Bridge. I had a Claro Walnut tenor that was really lovely in tone. I think many of their ukes are around $900 or so.

There's a Mya Moe and a Boat Paddle on UU Market forum now within your budget, Scott. Both stellar instruments and sweetly discounted.

Top Bottom