Thoughts of trying to change uke's.

hanr

Reaction score
So I have a Soprano 25SK Cordoba Ukulele, but the thing is it's way too tiny for me. I got it through someone and it's rarely been played. I'm thinking of trying to get a bigger sized one.

Anyways, what I'm wondering on what your opinions are on this. Should I try to trade or sell it to get another one? If so, how much would it go for? It's practically brand new.

Thanks in advance.

It's not worth much so far as dollars go. Since you are going to get a larger uke, keep the small one for when a friend comes over. You may also notice that some songs are more fun to play on a smaller instrument. They will certainly sound different.

EDIT: I just looked it up. 25SK Cordoba Ukulele = $250. That ain't cheap. Of course, mores ukes is better.

Last edited:
I'd agree with Harold. Keep the small one for now if you plan to pick a larger uke. There'll be a time where you'll wonder how a song sounds between the two. It's just good to have choice :)

You can never have too many ukes. I would keep it. You may want to use that soprano as a travel uke or beater.

Yeah I guess I will hang on to it. I don't have the cash to toss out for another one, but there's a Uke Republic showing in my town that I'll take a look to.

Thanks for the advice. Much love.

Another thing is to keep working at it. You will adjust to the size if you practice. I think a lot of people just give up way too soon and then cop out and get tenors :p.
It gets better with practice but you have to be willing to work for it. It's a small scale but not impossible.

I mean, yes you can learn three chords and be playing songs within an hour, but everything else after that is going to take practice and dedication.

Top Bottom