New George Formby Society group starting in Chester!

barefootgypsy

Reaction score
Attention fans of George Formby style banjo-uke - a new group is starting up in Chester, (UK) on Thursday July 3.... more details in my blog here Fans will know Lewis Clifton, for example, a fantastic young player who will be just one of the highly talented members of this group!

And a bumpety - bump... just to catch anyone who may be interested in the Chester area... it's going to be a VERY busy first meeting!

And a bumpety - bump... just to catch anyone who may be interested in the Chester area... it's going to be a VERY busy first meeting!

I left you a note on the webby Page ....I am too far away in Northumberland but would have loved to attend....
*sigh*

Oh and by the way , in Season 110 you wrote....

"I don't whether I'll make this week.... I hope so but anyway, I'd love to see someone do "Art for Art's Sake" by one of my all-time favourite bands, 10cc......."

Well I did. Sob........:cheers:

Last edited:
Dammit, I live in Chester County, Pennsylvania--- I was so looking forward to having a GFS chapter in my backyard, but it seems I had it all wrong. Actually, I wonder if there is anybody in my entire county besides me who even knows who George Formby is...

I left you a note on the webby Page ....I am too far away in Northumberland but would have loved to attend....
*sigh*

Oh and by the way , in Season 110 you wrote....

"I don't whether I'll make this week.... I hope so but anyway, I'd love to see someone do "Art for Art's Sake" by one of my all-time favourite bands, 10cc......."

Well I did. Sob........:cheers:
Hi CeeJay, on which webby page did you leave a comment? Did you mean my blog? There isn't a new comment there, I see them before they're published.... if that's where you mean, could you do it again because something must have gone wrong! And - I'm so sorry I didn't get to see your 10cc song - I will check it out right NOW! :D And thanks for replying!

Dammit, I live in Chester County, Pennsylvania--- I was so looking forward to having a GFS chapter in my backyard, but it seems I had it all wrong. Actually, I wonder if there is anybody in my entire county besides me who even knows who George Formby is...
Oh what a shame! But you know, I think there are some GFS members in Philadelphia.... I'll try and find out, and come back! Just for interest! :)

Top Bottom