PDA

View Full Version : who is your ukulele idol at the moment?

iamesperambient
06-13-2014, 06:41 AM
I started playing uke about 10 years ago when the magnetic fields "I" album came out. I never gave ukulele much attention until i heard that album. In a weeks time I had purchased a ukulele to learn the songs from that album, and i quickly picked up playing those songs just fine (which now knowing how to play their all very basic chords and playing style). Now Lately ive been watching kimo hussy trying to learn to play like him, i set a personal goal every month to learn a new jazzy uke technique and I'm learning a lot and progressing in this stye but im still very much a novice in this kind of music, and have a long way to go but my ultimate goal down the line (maybe in another 10 years or 20) is to play like Kimo.

coolkayaker1
06-13-2014, 06:42 AM
Currently, it's Ukeval.

iamesperambient
06-13-2014, 06:44 AM
Currently, it's Ukeval.

never heard of him/her/or them.

niwenomian
06-13-2014, 07:41 AM
Troy Fernandez.

kmac66
06-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Brittni Paiva.

Her Kawika is amazing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmo_1uvQty0

Kimosabe
06-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Corey Fujimoto, very tasty. Beautiful new cd. Works at Hawaii Music Supply.

janeray1940
06-13-2014, 08:07 AM
My ukulele heroes will always be John King (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=935ExOpT5bI), Ohta-San (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAPpKvmDoeM), and Tomotaka Matsui (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAPfqbXLs9Y). And a more recent (to me) discovery is Steven Strauss (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvYEv5EjJzE). But I don't ever expect to play *like* any of them.

The most amazing all-around musician I know is my uke instructor (who plays a lot of other instruments as well) - he doesn't play like anybody but himself, at least not that I can discern. And someday this is what I hope to achieve - to play like I know what I'm doing without being compared to anybody else.

dirtiestkidever
06-13-2014, 08:19 AM
James Hill and Troy Fernandez. Slightly less heroic but equally influential eugeneukulele.

we tigers
06-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Ukulelezaza for sure.

Ukulele Uff & Lonesome Dave are pretty awesome as well.

kkimura
06-13-2014, 08:34 AM
IZ and Dennis Kamakahi

mds725
06-13-2014, 08:40 AM
I don't have idols because idolizing connotes worship. There are people I respect in whatever their passion is for how passionate and talented they are. The ukulele players I've seen live recently who have impressed me with their playing, their talent, and their passion for what they do are Ben Ahn and Aldrine Guerrero, but that's by no means an exclusive list.

wickedwahine11
06-13-2014, 09:12 AM
I don't know about idol, but my favorite uke player songs at the moment are by Sarah Maisel, Kris Fuchigami and Daniel Ho.

billten
06-13-2014, 09:14 AM
John King, because he looked like someone's Dad, was an incredible player and totally humble. I'll never play like him but i'll never stop trying...

janeray1940
06-13-2014, 09:35 AM
John King, because he looked like someone's Dad, was an incredible player and totally humble.

These are all things I just love about him - no flash, just pure amazing playing. And those funny little sausage fingers. Makes me think there's hope for me yet! :)

SailingUke
06-13-2014, 09:42 AM
James Hill is at the top of my list.
Meeting James at a camp years ago was a life changing experience.
He started me playing ukulele, since I have studied and practiced.
Ukulele as brought many new music friends that are more like family.
I have attended festivals, taught work shops and classes.
Ukulele has even brought me the love of my life. She too has been "flea" bitten.

stevepetergal
06-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Currently, it's Ukeval.

coolkayaker1, you've thrown me for a loop! (this from a guy who doesn't often use exclamation points) He's certainly one of mine, but that's my kind of music.

I think my #1 is Kimo Hussey.

sukie
06-13-2014, 09:53 AM
Jake, Aldrine, Craig Chee, Herb Ohta, jr and Troy Fernandez are my ukulele gods and Sarah Maissel is an ukulele goddess. My terms, no one else's. There is more room on my list for more.

Stevelele
06-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Chuck Moore

Mim
06-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Greg Golden

Mim
06-13-2014, 10:06 AM
AND THE 4 NON BROADS!

How could I forget?

Doh!!!

DazW
06-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Another vote for James Hill. Just watched a short vid on YouTube of him in a Paris apartment playing a Martin 5k.
That video makes me love soprano ukes even more. Stunning uke yes, but the playing is equally good. Superb!

stevepetergal
06-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Changed my mind. Ukulelien is my idol.

Telperion
06-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Lots of great players out there whose music I thoroughly enjoy - Jake, Kalei, Brittni, Aldrine, Corey.... list could go on. However, when it comes to influence, and who I've learned the most from, it's gotta be Kimo Hussey. Love his 'brush stroke' style, and his approach to teaching is great. Seems like a wonderful person too.

As far as 'idols' go, I agree that it connotes worship. I guess that means a couple of my ukuleles must be idols! :worship:

-Steve

Freeda
06-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Greg Golden
Agreed.

Sigh... Greg Golden is so dreamy.

stringy
06-13-2014, 10:13 AM
No idols for me either but I definitely have favorites including Brittni. I am not in to the 'flash' players. I like a good style and technique over speed. The fastest one does not win for me :) although they ALL play better than I do. It is just my personal taste and what I like to hear.
"Quality of playing over quantity of strums"

Mim
06-13-2014, 10:18 AM
Agreed.

Sigh... Greg Golden is so dreamy.

And he is part of the boy band 4 Non Broads... so best of both worlds if you are at one of their performances!
I get to see the reunion show in September. I. Cant. Wait!

DazW
06-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Have to give a little nod to our very own Ken Middleton. Not had the pleasure to meet him but always enjoy his videos and reviews. He's had a very positive influence on my ukulele playing. Cheers Ken!

seeso
06-13-2014, 11:08 AM
4 Non Broads. Coming soon to an arena near you.

Tootler
06-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Currently, it's Ukeval.

Search for him on You Tube. An excellent classical uke player.

crafty
06-13-2014, 01:58 PM
I'll bring headshots for us to sign.. gotta give back to our fans ;)

coolkayaker1
06-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Oh, and Jano et Krouk, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4sHrP8mBu4

sukie
06-13-2014, 04:48 PM
4 Non Broads. Coming soon to an arena near you.

Too much Facebook. Went to hit the like button.

Ukejenny
06-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Two of my favorites.

http://youtu.be/5EaGEL4Bas8?t=14m49s

iamesperambient
06-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Two of my favorites.

http://youtu.be/5EaGEL4Bas8?t=14m49s

kimo is by far my favorite his style is so relaxing and smooth and natural not flashy or show offish
just good technically but soulful at the same time.

NoKaOi
06-13-2014, 10:29 PM
Been very fortunate to have been able to jam with a few players that I really respect; and I also prefer the unassuming types that play like they've sold their respective souls ... to the "flash players" that turn a nice arrangement into a speed contest or modify an original tune to the point the piece evaporates into a showmanship display. Nothing wrong with playing fast or showing off talent, but I simply feel that this type of playing needs to fit the piece to be fully appreciated.

All that aside, I've yet to hear anything played by youngsters, Corey (Fujimoto - both guitar AND uke) that I didn't at least like -- Corey is about as unassuming as they come, which earns him more respect in my book; and although his playing is usually accompanied with a bit more "flash," Kris Fuchigami is well on his way to 4-string virtuosity -- Kris can definitely be credited with increasing my appreciation (by a large margin..) for another Chris's (Kamaka) custom shop work! :)

we tigers
06-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Oh, and Jano et Krouk, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4sHrP8mBu4

+1! Love their L'Hebdo!

Gmorais
06-14-2014, 02:35 AM
I must say Jake Shimabukuro, the guy who made me want to buy a Ukulele. James Hill, the Ukehendrix. Love his recordings.

There's this guy, Singto Numchok, from whom I know only two songs but is pure joy.

But if you ask me who I wish to play alike, the top of the tops, it's John King. Gosh, that's the one. Superb. Before the Ukulele I studied Classical Guitar and Mr King nailed it.

Thorby Bislam
06-14-2014, 02:46 AM
No "idols" here because as well as the aforementioned reasons, practicly all musicians I know are humble people who don't put on airs and graces and are happy to help out others. But to take the question in its wider context -as the OP intended- one person who I discovered by chance quite recently is Roy Smeck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8fQePz4FcE

Icelander53
06-14-2014, 04:28 AM
At my age and experience I idolize nothing and no one. I do enjoy several players. James Hill comes to mind.

For any guitarists out there check out Preston Reed.

CeeJay
06-14-2014, 04:49 AM

..That's a shame...because he is a member here and fairly active ......

:rolleyes:

iamesperambient
06-14-2014, 06:08 AM
..That's a shame...because he is a member here and fairly active ......

:rolleyes:

welp its kind of hard to remember EVERYONE'S handle on a forum.

iamesperambient
06-14-2014, 06:14 AM
At my age and experience I idolize nothing and no one. I do enjoy several players. James Hill comes to mind.

For any guitarists out there check out Preston Reed.

maybe idol was the wrong word just someone you are inspired (in other words favorite player) by and
want to implement a lot of their techniques into your own style.
James hill is cool, very talented not really my thing. I see jake and
james hill as the van halen of ukuleles, a bit to flashy for me.
I like kimo because his style of smooth, relaxing technical with out
the crazy fast solos and flashy style its just my thing. Roy smeck is another
very talented but basically the buttrocker of ukulele. Lyle ritz is amazing hes more of the django reinhardt of
ukulele i love his style and innovation technical and fast with out the flashiness and not even trying to be
it just is.

Not to say I don't respect jake and james hill they are super talented just not exactly my kind of style to listen to
and even want to play like (even if i had the ability which i don't).

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
06-14-2014, 06:19 AM
My favorite uke player is Eddie Kamae.

Kmetzger
06-14-2014, 06:45 AM
Chuck Moore

Agree!!!!!

Gmorais
06-14-2014, 08:11 AM
Yes, Mr Middleton. My fav Youtube Channel. Very nice playing.

iamesperambient
06-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Yes, Mr Middleton. My fav Youtube Channel. Very nice playing.

ken middleton is an amazing player i agree.

CeeJay
06-14-2014, 01:33 PM
George Formby ....an' Ah'll fayt anyone 'oo disagrees lahk,sithee..............limited in some ways ...but buggering 'ell what a set of strums and strokes ....none of this arty farty pansying* around with yer little fiddly finger picking and "pinched" harmonies...the only harmonies they pinched were each others tune in them days ....and a bloody war to fayt an 'all.

* kidding of course.

stringy
06-14-2014, 03:19 PM
True...not everyone has the style, or finesse needed to pull off artsy. That is why it is SO enjoyable to hear for those of us who aren't into the harsher, frantic, sometimes annoying, (sorry, but it's true) speed demons.

CeeJay
06-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Ey up ...dost tha ' want a Fayt then ?

Joking o' course ....Formby is seen as a speed demon these days ...but he wasn't, not really. It was a clever strum stroke and use of tempo ...a bit like banjo (5 string Scruggs style ) the speed is apparent..and in keeping with the trend of the days music ...but there is not much actually happening when you watch the motions it's all very clever ..but leaaaave it Jarvo......

The songs were mostly a bit formulaic ...granted...

and as a budding ackordeen player I know exactamundoly what you mean about speed = annoying

iamesperambient
06-15-2014, 04:48 AM
True...not everyone has the style, or finesse needed to pull off artsy. That is why it is SO enjoyable to hear for those of us who aren't into the harsher, frantic, sometimes annoying, (sorry, but it's true) speed demons.

formby was super talented although i did find his style annoying and unpleasant to listen to along with roy smeck. As a guitarist to me i find musicians like neil young, willie nelson to have great guitar styles that are technical when needed but also have a raw grit to them. For ukulele I actually prefer a smooth relaxing style like kimo with out super crazy flashy kind of playing aka roy smeck it's almost comical and goofy (yet can not deny than mans talented even though it does not sound very good).

Icelander53
06-15-2014, 05:26 AM
maybe idol was the wrong word just someone you are inspired (in other words favorite player) by and
want to implement a lot of their techniques into your own style.
James hill is cool, very talented not really my thing. I see jake and
james hill as the van halen of ukuleles, a bit to flashy for me.
I like kimo because his style of smooth, relaxing technical with out
the crazy fast solos and flashy style its just my thing. Roy smeck is another
very talented but basically the buttrocker of ukulele. Lyle ritz is amazing hes more of the django reinhardt of
ukulele i love his style and innovation technical and fast with out the flashiness and not even trying to be
it just is.

Not to say I don't respect jake and james hill they are super talented just not exactly my kind of style to listen to
and even want to play like (even if i had the ability which i don't).

Well I'm going to guess your experience with James Hill comes mostly from Youtube vids. His CDs do not contain much of that flash which is fun to watch occasionally but like you doesn't float my boat either. He's a very good songwriter and has more in common with Willie or Neal than you might think. Check out his "Man with a Love Song" cd sometime. It's some of the best songwriting I've heard in any musical style period. No flash playing either.

Icelander53
06-15-2014, 05:30 AM
formby was super talented although i did find his style annoying and unpleasant to listen to along with roy smeck. As a guitarist to me i find musicians like neil young, willie nelson to have great guitar styles that are technical when needed but also have a raw grit to them. For ukulele I actually prefer a smooth relaxing style like kimo with out super crazy flashy kind of playing aka roy smeck it's almost comical and goofy (yet can not deny than mans talented even though it does not sound very good).

I like so many styles of music that I can easily include the goofy stuff without feeling degraded. lol. I have a cd collection that contains thousands of cd so I'm all over the place. James Hill is about the only uke player that has made it into my collection. I play uke because it's fun and relatively easy for me. It's hardly where I find most of my inspiring music however.

iamesperambient
06-15-2014, 05:32 AM
Well I'm going to guess your experience with James Hill comes mostly from Youtube vids. His CDs do not contain much of that flash which is fun to watch occasionally but like you doesn't float my boat either. He's a very good songwriter and has more in common with Willie or Neal than you might think. Check out his "Man with a Love Song" cd sometime. It's some of the best songwriting I've heard in any musical style period. No flash playing either.

ill check it out. i have heard one CD i just do not remember the name of it, not saying i dislike it hes very amazing just overall not sure if its my favorite style. I def like him better than jake who lets face it is the hendrix of the ukulele which i totally respect his talent hes amazing just not my kind of music. Roy smeck is literally some kind of prodigy on the ukulele but still not my kind of style way to fast and i dont like the silliness attached to it (just a personal thing). I'll check out more james hill stuff i actually liked a few things he's done on the one cd i heard.

CeeJay
06-15-2014, 05:52 AM
The point is that we all have our own preference for styles and methods of playing music.......I prefer a more robust and syncopated style...strumming and picking within the strum and picking single notes out on the fly...and I do not particularly enjoy the fingerpicky and "intricate" playing of some...that is not to say that I do not respect their talent and dedication to the advancement of the instrument ...I have been known to fingerpick the occasional tune ...especially blues ...

The likes of Formby and Smeck and contemporaries were a little self deprecating ...and yes goofy....it was the idiom and humour of the time and the in joke was "look what I can make this little thing do" but isn't it amazing and that was the only style that had been developed....do not forget ..it was 60 or 70 years ago.

I think of them as the Ford Model Ts of the uke and development has been made . Development has it's fans and its detractors .

I actually rather enjoy listening to the folks who post on here at The Seasons and the Video Links far more than the so called "idols".

iamesperambient
06-15-2014, 06:18 AM
I like so many styles of music that I can easily include the goofy stuff without feeling degraded. lol. I have a cd collection that contains thousands of cd so I'm all over the place. James Hill is about the only uke player that has made it into my collection. I play uke because it's fun and relatively easy for me. It's hardly where I find most of my inspiring music however.

can you recommend a specific album
for me to pick up ?

bearbike137
06-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Corey at HMS is the man.

Jake ain't bad either. Saw him live and was amazed by how well he plays up the fret board. That said, he way overestimates how enthralling percussive strumming sounds - although the young women in the audience seem to love it. Oh. wait a minute... :-)

Icelander53
06-15-2014, 12:53 PM
can you recommend a specific album
for me to pick up ?

I just gave you one from James Hill to check out.

iamesperambient
06-15-2014, 01:46 PM

oops sorry i thought you were referring to just a track i didnt see it was a whole CD ill check it out thanks

iamesperambient
06-15-2014, 01:48 PM

ah-ha its actual singer songwriter stuff cool im looking for something more instrumental
does he have any all instrumental albums?

Fred Ukestone
06-15-2014, 05:48 PM
My daughter loves watching Tiny Tim sing and play. She loves his eccentric mannerisms and simple songs. We are currently learning 'Tiptoe'.

NewKid
06-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Lyle Ritz with special thanks to Jim Beloff for making Lyle's style accessible to us.

I'm also grateful to two other great teachers: Bob Brozman and Glen Rose for unlocking such joy in playing the instrument for me.

Finally, I'm also a big fan of Sarah Maisel - a brilliant singer and a super-sweet person!

The Big Kahuna
06-15-2014, 07:21 PM
In no particular order:

Corey Fujimoto
Seeso
Eugene

If you're going to choose a musician whose technique you aspire to, choose someone approachable and friendly, who is always willing to answer questions and help whenever they can.

Or Seeso.

Icelander53
06-15-2014, 09:09 PM
Yes he does. At least one that is mostly if not all instrumental. Not my cup of tea but you might like it a lot.

"A Flying Leap"

drbekken
06-16-2014, 04:23 AM
My daughter loves watching Tiny Tim sing and play. She loves his eccentric mannerisms and simple songs. We are currently learning 'Tiptoe'.

Tim was cooler than many people like to acknowledge...
However, my all time favorite uke players are Smeck, Edwards, Ritz, Chong....and many of the great players here on the UU forum (none mentioned, none forgotten).

xyz
06-16-2014, 05:41 AM
Current idol is Tobias Elof. Doing the tab of one of his instrumentals right now and having great fun learning Cherry picking.

iamesperambient
06-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Yes he does. At least one that is mostly if not all instrumental. Not my cup of tea but you might like it a lot.

"A Flying Leap"

I checked it out to fast and all over the place, his song writing is nice however i prefer more smooth slower instrumentals over any kind of music. I respect his skills but overall just isn't what im looking for to add to my weekly listening collection.

iamesperambient
06-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Tim was cooler than many people like to acknowledge...
However, my all time favorite uke players are Smeck, Edwards, Ritz, Chong....and many of the great players here on the UU forum (none mentioned, none forgotten).

he was a goof and a joke, smeck had this goofy showy thing but that was part of his act
and he was actually very talented technically so i respect him. Tiny tim just make the uke
seem even more so like a novelty / joke. Lyle ritz actually took the uke and turned it into a serious
instrument and made some amazing jazz tunes totally love the guy. But at the current moment
kimo hussey impresses me over all his style is exactly what i look forward to listening to over any player (who has a record contact) right now.

seeso
06-16-2014, 07:09 AM
I wish Jason Arimoto got more publicity. The guy is phenomenal, and also happens to be one of the nicest, coolest people I've ever met.

https://www.youtube.com/user/facemeltingukulele

stringy
06-16-2014, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=iamesperambient:

" I def like him better than jake who lets face it is the hendrix of the ukulele which i totally respect his talent hes amazing just not my kind of music..[/QUOTE]

I agree, It is def not my kind of music either.
but as far as Hendrix goes, Jimi was a singer/songwriter and Jake is known mostly for playing Covers. He also dosen't sing. He is an amazing talent that does absolutely nothing for me personally. Certainly not a Hendrix in my book.

Cornfield
06-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Gotta agree with the others and say "no idols here" as well.

But my fave ukers at the moment (and always) are Cliff Edwards, Azo Bell, Lil' Rev, John King, Dr Bekken and John Bianchi.

I prefer Ukulele Ike to Cliff Edwards, otherwise, my list is about the same as yours. For resonator blues, I must also add Del Rey

bearbike137
07-01-2014, 05:24 AM
I prefer Ukulele Ike to Cliff Edwards,

This is a joke, right? ........ :confused:

iamesperambient
07-01-2014, 06:03 AM

I love David Bowie but I hate ziggy star dust.

Icelander53
07-01-2014, 06:49 AM
I am the only uke player I idolize.

Ukejenny
07-01-2014, 07:13 AM
I am the only uke player I idolize.

:music: :shaka: :shaka: :music:

One thing's for certain - there are a lot of names on this thread that I can now look up and listen to - broaden my horizons.

Newportlocal
07-01-2014, 07:35 AM
For wishing I had his playing ability.

Sungha Jung
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E2OEuyF_2u8

For entertainment Seeso, Uncle E, Craig Chee, Sarah Maisel, etc.

PereBourik
07-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Sarah

Craig Chee
James Hill
Troy Fernandez
Jake
Kimo
Corey Fujimoto

And on and on
Hell, just about everyone.

seeso
07-01-2014, 08:42 AM
In no particular order:

Corey Fujimoto
Seeso
Eugene

If you're going to choose a musician whose technique you aspire to, choose someone approachable and friendly, who is always willing to answer questions and help whenever they can.

Or Seeso.

Since you are currently banned and cannot respond, I am currently giving you the finger.

iamesperambient
07-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Since you are currently banned and cannot respond, I am currently giving you the finger.

eeek not sure what happened here but this can't be good :/

hoosierhiver
07-01-2014, 10:33 AM
The UU mods

bearbike137
07-01-2014, 11:25 AM

I hope TBK was banned for something more than that post alone...

Cornfield
07-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Somebody got it.

sukie
07-01-2014, 12:00 PM
I agree, It is def not my kind of music either.
but as far as Hendrix goes, Jimi was a singer/songwriter and Jake is known mostly for playing Covers. He also dosen't sing. He is an amazing talent that does absolutely nothing for me personally. Certainly not a Hendrix in my book.
Jake has written tons of songs. And most of them are really pretty cool.

Sonicuke
07-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Ukulele orchestra of Great Britain !

bearbike137
07-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Somebody got it.

Good one! :o

iamesperambient
07-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Jake has written tons of songs. And most of them are really pretty cool.

just remember all along the watch tower was written by bob dylan who in my opinion is the best american song writer of out time.

Rick Turner
07-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Sarah Maisel is the rising star player in my book. She's got the whole package...plays wonderfully, sings great, and delivers the goods on stage.

xzcuzxme
07-01-2014, 12:59 PM
I went to the Ukelele fest of GB a few weeks back and saw Taimane play. I also did a workshop with her. She was awesome. Definitely the highlight despite Craig Chee, Sarah Maisel and Ukulele Uff and Lonesome Dave play.

Ryo Natoyama was good as well. Defo one to watch out for in the future. Plays a bit like Jake.

Tack
07-01-2014, 01:08 PM
Sarah Maisel is the rising star player in my book. She's got the whole package...plays wonderfully, sings great, and delivers the goods on stage.

Yup, have to agree with Rick on this one.

For me, Sarah has great musicality and musicianship; entertains as well as plays at a virtuoso level and has a personality that enhances her overall performance. Of course, it helps that her chosen repertoire covers my favourite genre of music :)

Pundabaya
07-01-2014, 01:13 PM
UOGB, definitely.

KoaDependent
07-03-2014, 08:31 AM
At this very moment, it's Ian Emmerson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrcfwwfD5eY

Bill Potter
07-03-2014, 09:20 AM
In no order:

UOGB
James Hill
Sarah Maisel
Julia Nunes
oh, I guess Jake is up there too.

seeso
07-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Now it's capandbeard:

http://youtu.be/I49yVtPjF8w

Ukuleleblues
07-03-2014, 05:03 PM
i've always been a fan of the Cliff Edwards "brush" when he played.

Kurtulele
07-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Me. But not now- I just got my first uke. Gimme' a year.
I'll get back to you. And I'll get back to me.

Favorite guitar players?- Jeff Beck
Ry Cooder
Me

Music I like: Instrumental Classical, Inst. Early Music, Inst.Celtic, Inst. Exotica, and Opeth (best band ever).

I'm only kind of kidding.

:)

Kurtulele.

Also- reverbnation.com/kurtkish

bearbike137
07-28-2015, 10:53 AM
Corey never ceases to amaze me. He is the man.

Mivo
07-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Now it's capandbeard:

This was truly beautiful. I hadn't heard (of) him before -- lots of videos to watch!

Always amazed when people get sopranos to sing like this.

Brad Bordessa
07-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Kunia Galdeira. Nobody has ever heard of him, but he's probably the best player on Hawai'i Island. Saw him a couple of weeks ago and what he played blew my socks off. What a touch!

stevepetergal
07-28-2015, 02:32 PM
George Elmes

fretie
07-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Corey, Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, Jake, Willie K....for starters....

Purdy Bear
07-28-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm very new to all this, it's Jake at the moment and the The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britian.

autojoy
07-29-2015, 12:24 AM
George Elmes

Yes! I love him! He is also so good at breaking down what he does in his tutorial style videos. He's great! :)