what is Seasons of the Uke?

Captain America

Reaction score
I'm not sure about this kind of youtube thing.

A bit over two years ago three UU members put together a contest in the UU contests forum called "The Six Seasons of the Ukulele" - for each of the six weeks there was a theme, announced at the start of the week. There were bonus points for entering all six seasons and whatnot. It was so much fun a bunch of us decided it should continue and started taking turns hosting a week. The entry I managed to get in two weeks ago was the first that I've had time to participate in over a year but it is a lot of fun.

Very friendly and supportive and not that competitive in spite of being a "contest" - great place to get your feet wet if you've not done videos before. Prizes vary from "attaboy" to some pretty nice stuff, depending on who is hosting a week and what they have available.

I don't get a chance to even look in as often as I used to but I've got to tell you, the progress some of the "regulars" have made over the last couple of years is simply stunning. Lots of talent.

John

I like it because as a relative beginner, I have a reason to learn a new song each week. Since I am working it out on my own I am doing a lot more polishing than I would do if I was just in my room playing for myself. I made a goal (new year's resolution) of putting one up each week of this year. I am also going to host in October. I am not sure if I am improving but I am having fun!

Top Bottom