PDA

View Full Version : what is Seasons of the Uke?

Captain America
06-13-2014, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure about this kind of youtube thing.

OldePhart
06-13-2014, 08:04 AM
A bit over two years ago three UU members put together a contest in the UU contests forum called "The Six Seasons of the Ukulele" - for each of the six weeks there was a theme, announced at the start of the week. There were bonus points for entering all six seasons and whatnot. It was so much fun a bunch of us decided it should continue and started taking turns hosting a week. The entry I managed to get in two weeks ago was the first that I've had time to participate in over a year but it is a lot of fun.

Very friendly and supportive and not that competitive in spite of being a "contest" - great place to get your feet wet if you've not done videos before. Prizes vary from "attaboy" to some pretty nice stuff, depending on who is hosting a week and what they have available.

I don't get a chance to even look in as often as I used to but I've got to tell you, the progress some of the "regulars" have made over the last couple of years is simply stunning. Lots of talent.

John

cua94
06-14-2014, 02:16 AM
I like it because as a relative beginner, I have a reason to learn a new song each week. Since I am working it out on my own I am doing a lot more polishing than I would do if I was just in my room playing for myself. I made a goal (new year's resolution) of putting one up each week of this year. I am also going to host in October. I am not sure if I am improving but I am having fun!