I've got an itich.

Rllink

Reaction score
I've been pretty good at fighting off UAS so far, but yesterday I went to a music store in Des Moines, and the guy there put me on an electric uke and wired me up to an amp. OMG, I could blast the whole neighborhood with that. I left without it, but I got an itch for one now. I don't know how long I can hold out.

Unfortunately, for that itch they don't make potions or powders...

That said, if you haven't learned the basics then amplification is just a way to annoy more people while you learn them. LOL

John

Unfortunately, for that itch they don't make potions or powders...

That said, if you haven't learned the basics then amplification is just a way to annoy more people while you learn them. LOL

John
You are right, and I'm not going back down to get one right away, but I'm learning fast, and I think it is just a matter of time. The seed is planted.

The UAS force is strong within you Ukeskywalker. Resistance is futile.

I've been pretty good at fighting off UAS so far, but yesterday I went to a music store in Des Moines, and the guy there put me on an electric uke and wired me up to an amp. OMG, I could blast the whole neighborhood with that. I left without it, but I got an itch for one now. I don't know how long I can hold out.

I had a pickup installed in my Baritone, and I'm going to get an effect pedal so it will sound electric... that way I didn't have to buy a new uke but I am picky and anything I like is out of my price range. i want a solid body steel string one hehe. I'll be drooling over this one until I can afford it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqo4IY4yDKc

Sorry ..a bit british and therefore ..erm ...confused....is that an iTich.....an IT itch an Itch or errr? Just asking.

PS Ukes wired up to amps are amazing fun ...I had one 'til I stood on it ...and I miss it ....if you go electro acoustic you have the best of both worlds .....if you went steel electric you would have a "go to " instrument that would be amazing fun but probably not a regular play..unless you like electric all the time ...

GET ONE !!!...and a decent set of headphones ....plus you can record direct into your computer .........bollocks I got to replace little Mahalo Gibbo.......sob

Sorry ..a bit british and therefore ..erm ...confused....is that an iTich.....an IT itch an Itch or errr? Just asking.

PS Ukes wired up to amps are amazing fun ...I had one 'til I stood on it ...and I miss it ....if you go electro acoustic you have the best of both worlds .....if you went steel electric you would have a "go to " instrument that would be amazing fun but probably not a regular play..unless you like electric all the time ...

GET ONE !!!...and a decent set of headphones ....plus you can record direct into your computer .........bollocks I got to replace little Mahalo Gibbo.......sob

Yes, I see what you are talking about. Sorry for the confusion. Here in the U.S. we call that a typo, in that I was typing faster than I was thinking and made a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out though. :)

I'm just getting started and have only been playing a couple of months. I don't think I will get one for a while, at least until I get a little better on the uke that I have, but I can see me getting one someday. It is something to shoot for.

Last edited:
Yes, I see what you are talking about. Sorry for the confusion. Here in the U.S. we call that a typo, in that I was typing faster than I was thinking and made a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out though. :)

Ah the dreade tpyo d........Spike Milligan used to call it a typinge error ....still all sorted ...GET ONE, an electric one witha Hamplifier....you'll love it ....

They are great fun. You can use headphones to avoid annoying the neighbors when you want it "loud" while practicing.

Top Bottom