Moore Bettah Ukulele - Spruce Milo Sound Sample

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Here is a sound sample of my Spruce Top and Milo Back and Side Moore Bettah Ukulele. At the end, I compare it to an all koa MBU. Either way, you get a winner from Chuck Moore.

First song is in honor of Dennis Kamakahi, who past away this year. Wahine Ilikea
Second song is to highlight the low G and all bass players as it has a walking bass line. Satin Doll
3rd song is to highlight the World Cup that is played in Brazil as it was composed by a Brazilian, Antonio Carlos Jobim. Wave

Thank you for watching

Last edited:
They both look and sound beautiful, you are a lucky man. I'm curious, what type of tuners are on the Spruce Milo uke? And which of your MBUs do you prefer?

Thanks so much for the comparison video of the milo/spruce vs the koa Daniel. I was always debating between the two. Everyone has different flavors of preference with bright vs warm. That koa MB blew my mind. Super happy for you having two awesome ukes!

Thanks Daniel. Enjoyed your playing very much. Both of your Tappa series MB Tenors sound wonderful. The koa one has really opened up very nicely after a year and a half of playing. You'll have do this again in year or so, after the spruce top has been played as much.

Congratulations, Daniel. Those are lovely, and your playing is, as always, out of this galaxy.

Good stuff, man.

Thank you everyone for watching. I was nervous so the songs didn't flow like I wanted but that's normal for most of us amateurs!! haha

As for my preference...right now the koa is my choice as I know it well and it's soo easy to play. The spruce is growing on me and I believe that will be my go to uke. Also, as I get more opportunities to play with it hooked up, I will use the spruce as it has a LR Baggs vs. the Misi in the koa.

The recording is dry and running thru a couple of condenser mics into a Zoom recorder.

Daniel, This is a fascinating comparison. I agree that hearing the comparison again in six months to a year could be very interesting. They are both excellent ukes, and excellent playing!

Aloha Danny,
Wow you lucky buggah...you got another MB...oh my...great playing and sounding uke for shua...happy Strummings man... bring it back here :)

Lucky man you are. Nice playing, too. What strings do you have on that Milo/Spruce? Looks like a Ko'olau Gold for the C string? It will be interesting after you experiment with different stings what you like best. I'd love to hear that bad boy with Aquila Red or Living Water strings.

BTW, whenever you go out of town, I'm happy to baby sit either or both ukes. I'm only 30 minutes to the west of you. ;-)

Both ukes sound unreal, and of course come with the extraordinary playing as always, Daniel. I'm just not sure I like wound strings on a ukulele. I'm convinced at this point, actually, that I'll never be a fan of them; especially for strumming. I think they work way better with finger picking but not much else. Thanks for the review, you got a couple of lifetime stunners there Congrats!

They are both strung with the same Southcoast strings. You either love or hate wound strings and there aren't too many people in between. I just don't like fatter Low G & C strings and I like high tension strings. However, I believe wound lovers are the minority.

I have no interest in the Aquila or any all fluorocarbon strings so won't be experimenting any other brands. I've tried a lot strings back in the days but now know what I like so will stick with them.

Thanks for watching.

Top Bottom