PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my....

frisbee fred
06-14-2014, 08:52 AM
...Kala Rumblr U-bass. Should get it in a week and a half or so. I've been thinking about getting one for a long time but couldn't find one to just try out. I did a couple of days ago and it was waaaaaay too much fun. Madsteffen I'll never be. But I can't wait until this arrives.......

xommen
06-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Gongrats, you will surely enjoy that, if you did not now yet this is a great site about playing bass:
http://www.studybass.com

CeeJay
06-14-2014, 02:15 PM
You basso profundo dude you...you can do Ace of Spades a la Motorhead....and if you don't know how I know a headless Bird who can help you out...........

frisbee fred
06-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Not my style, though I always accept help from headless up-strumming Birds.....

CeeJay
06-14-2014, 02:53 PM

oh ...okay ...a down home country blues is got to be on the horizon though ???

frisbee fred
06-14-2014, 02:54 PM
oh ...okay ...a down home country blues is got to be on the horizon though ???
You can bet on that.

bborzell
06-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Should be fun. This is my uke bass.

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll468/bborzell/e26b831c34edfe4c952e4054135f2c75.jpg

bird's eye view of my ukelele
06-14-2014, 07:16 PM
You basso profundo dude you...you can do Ace of Spades a la Motorhead....and if you don't know how I know a headless Bird who can help you out...........

you guys! i have been known to take a pick to my u-bass and DOWNSTRUM with it, no really, but i still don't have a head...........................

PhilUSAFRet
06-15-2014, 12:32 AM
I picked up the new eMedia Bass Method. Awesome. Use a mic and it will tell you if you are tuned properly, in tempo, etc.

http://www.emediamusic.com/music-education-software/academic-bass-method.html

Ukuleleblues
06-15-2014, 04:08 AM
Gongrats, you will surely enjoy that, if you did not now yet this is a great site about playing bass:
http://www.studybass.comLooks good, thanks!

CeeJay
06-15-2014, 10:16 AM
you guys! i have been known to take a pick to my u-bass and DOWNSTRUM with it, no really, but i still don't have a head...........................

Get Off....No way Never ....oh wait did you say a pick ...plectrum ....ah ...that would be the weight then see...the loading dynamics of the extra few pico grammes would have set up a resonance that would have disabled the regular motor function of your musckles and induced a downstrum like tendency.

Or not. Probably.Not.

I have been told off once today for being silly. It won't stop though.

Howie1947
06-15-2014, 02:06 PM
Nice looking Rick

bird's eye view of my ukelele
06-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Get Off....No way Never ....oh wait did you say a pick ...plectrum ....ah ...that would be the weight then see...the loading dynamics of the extra few pico grammes would have set up a resonance that would have disabled the regular motor function of your musckles and induced a downstrum like tendency.

Or not. Probably.Not.

I have been told off once today for being silly. It won't stop though.
a. don't ever stop

and b. yeah of course, it's the huge extra weight of the pick! i have some pics with pictures of pugs on them, i imagine the printing of the pictures on the pick (the pics on the picks.....................) adds even more huge mass to an already enormously weighty object and of course that inevitably messes with my upstrum momentum

thanks for clarifying that for me!

KevinV
06-15-2014, 05:44 PM
yeah of course, it's the huge extra weight of the pick! i have some pics with pictures of pugs on them, i imagine the printing of the pictures on the pick (the pics on the picks.....................) adds even more huge mass to an already enormously weighty object and of course that inevitably messes with my upstrum momentum

thanks for clarifying that for me!

Perhaps some sort of plectrum tether or sling could help to alleviate some of the excess gravitational stress. Just a thought.

CeeJay
06-16-2014, 01:21 AM
Perhaps some sort of plectrum tether or sling could help to alleviate some of the excess gravitational stress. Just a thought.

or a fulcrum (toast makes the best fulcrums)and a strum engine thingy.

I fact that coupled with the great genius of KevinV's tether could solve the whole problem ......

And now , Dear Reader we return to Frisbee Fred's Thread...

He has ordered a new U-Bass and sits at home in his rocking chair just down the hallway from his front door, eyes narrowed awaiting the steady step onto the porch of the delivery man.......

Sorry Fred....Bird made me do the silly

frisbee fred
06-16-2014, 01:37 AM
or a fulcrum (toast makes the best fulcrums)and a strum engine thingy.

I fact that coupled with the great genius of KevinV's tether could solve the whole problem ......

And now , Dear Reader we return to Frisbee Fred's Thread...

He has ordered a new U-Bass and sits at home in his rocking chair just down the hallway from his front door, eyes narrowed awaiting the steady step onto the porch of the delivery man.......

Sorry Fred....Bird made me do the silly
It's worse than that, CeeJay. I'm going to be gone all next week and that's when it is supposed to arrive. I will be out of town knowing that it has arrived.....

CeeJay
06-16-2014, 02:17 AM
It's worse than that, CeeJay. I'm going to be gone all next week and that's when it is supposed to arrive. I will be out of town knowing that it has arrived.....

Oh noooooo....the unbearable torment of being somewhere that your new acquist........aquist ....asquit .....purchase is not. Too tragic . I feel for you pal.....Really do.

frisbee fred
06-16-2014, 09:54 AM
However, I am still staring at the front door......

greenie44
06-16-2014, 10:05 AM
I picked up the new eMedia Bass Method. Awesome. Use a mic and it will tell you if you are tuned properly, in tempo, etc.

http://www.emediamusic.com/music-education-software/academic-bass-method.html

Thanks for the recommendation, Phil. Were you a bass player before you got your bass uke, or did this book introduce you to all bass technique?