PDA

View Full Version : Season 122 of the Ukulele

Pages : 1 [2]

bonesigh
06-21-2014, 07:42 AM
And we love you Berni (:

[QUOTE=Barbablanca;1541040]I still hope to do a specific tribute to one of my Seasonista heroes, but meanwhile, in case I don't have time, here is my little tribute to each and every one of you.

lelouden
06-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Yay! Alan just gave me a reprieve with his season 123 announcement...let me explain.

I'd planned to do a tribute to Berni's "In Search of Fire" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFduzk8ttI) from week 41. When this week 122 theme was announced my first thought was...I have to do that fire song Berni did. Then I looked it up and realized that it would be pretty challenging for me to play his style and such. Then Linda did a multi-track tribute to Pa and I realized that I could rip off her idea and add some UBASS and harmony vocal to Berni's original track.

Until I got this severe oral infection on Tuesday... I've been to the doctor twice for shots and antibiotics and my face still resembles a cross between Elephant Man and Quasimodo. I can barely speak, let alone sing, and when I am on antibiotics it affects my sense of pitch. I thought that was weird until I found out they do the same thing to a blind friend of mine and he normally has perfect absolute pitch.

John

I am really looking forward to this! I hope you get to feeling better soon. That doesn't sound fun at all. Get better!

MikeOnTheUke
06-21-2014, 08:04 AM
Finally got the time to do my first (and hopefully not the only) entry to this season.

The background: my first entry to the seasons was back in season 114, and very shortly after my first entry, I was surprised to see that someone (TCK) had done a version of the same song (Linoleum), giving me a shoutout, and a warming little story as to why he was doing so. As much as everyone made me feel super-welcome, this was the thing that really solidified my continuing presence here, and the reason I've continued to have as much fun as i had here these last few weeks. So I felt it almost necessary to give him a tribute back for his season of tributes.

The reason I'm doing Vacation... well... It'd be kinda redundant to go back and do Linoleum again, so I picked another of his entries, which I had stumbled upon whilst poking through his other videos after his tribute. It's one of my favorite guilty pleasure songs, and definitely something from my childhood (it was heavily featured in a Rugrats special back then). Figured it was PERFECT. Had to put my own little style into it, though. X3

His awesome version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i20sIl3Cfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncS-eKDkNc8

TCK
06-21-2014, 08:18 AM
Haha! Last night I had to make my radio show and sort out some things for Bird Rescue...and stick my wife on the lake for a bit. I figured the Love Train would be slowing down a little bit. Nope.
Loving myself another round of videos from you fine people.
Perfect.

Thank you so much Linda Louden!
Here is Linda's Beautiful version of Mama's Teaching Angels How to Sing

Oh yes- I remember when Linda did this one. Not a dry eye in the house...and here it is again. So great all banjo-y and stripped down. You did a fantastic job on this one my friend.

Oh, I so want to do about a thousand tribute videos this week! I want to do one for each and every one of you ... especially the newcomers and those who, like me, are still rather new to the uke ... because we are a lot less likely to get tributed than the folks with the skills of excellence and those with the deepest connections here. And them too, of course! Like Berni said, I love you all!

That said, I have three tribute vids in the works, of which I hope to get at least two complete. But a thousand is a bit beyond me.

TCK, please let me know if it's inappropriate to post it here, and I'll remove. But this is the closest I'm gonna come to the full vision of what I want to do this week.

First, the week is young
Second- this is gold- I had missed it, glad I got to see it. Go on and post whatever you want- we all know how much I dislike strict adhesion to rules

Yeah ok, I have a seasons crush :o

How could you not? This is sweet as mate- Sweet As. Smooth as glass

Alrighty I finally got one done!!! This seasonista has been one of them that inspired me to keep being a seasonista... there's a whole lot more but I kind of know this song and I've always liked this song when I was a kid so when I saw him do it, I told myself I'll learn it but never got the time to do so until a couple of days ago, so I hope he likes it and I hope you guys do too!

This was done by erivel (eric) for the 79th Season of the Ukulele
This is really stunning. Nicely played and sung- solid tribute to a fellow uker I really adore as well.

I have worked on this song now for two days straight and I think my hand is crippled now ;)

Who wouldn't be inspired by Sammu. She is unbelievable! I think she joined us at about season 101 and knocked all our socks of with this. She is awe inspiring. Who wouldn't be inspired by this.

Geoff's classical season inspired me to buy a children's classical ukulele book....baby steps!

Although Sam probably hasn't played this tune sinse she was about four, this is my tribute to her Who could compare to this amazing talent? Certainly not me!! But, you gotta start somewhere! And here I am starting with the famous Mozart ~ "Ah vous dirai-je, Maman"!

Sam, if you come across this post could you please do a glorified version before the seasons end so I can link to it

Ha! You thought it was going to be something much more classy! :)
Perfect in every way Linda- If I did not have ten more to watch, I would just curl up and go back to bed. That was as classy as it gets

Tribute to Tina or Austin1.
from the location week.
Don't Want to Live on The Moon.
I always like hearing Tina sing her high lyrical voice. Kind of Bewitching, in a good way.
Here is my Rendition.

Such a fan of what you do, and so glad to see you here this week. So many great songs I have missed, this is one, delivered wonderfully mate. Tina is definitely often worthy of awe and certainly inspiring.

TCK
06-21-2014, 08:32 AM
And here is where the TCK rule comes home to bite me in the ass...
Sean- you kill me my friend.

Yesterday on Facebook I mentioned to TCK that I was going to do fifteen vids today. Turns out I only had time to do six. Dave, and the other two people who watch my vids, are going to get awfully tired of me this evening.

There's a good chance I still wouldn't be around the Seasons if it weren't for Jon (EugeneUkulele/ButterflyBandito). About a year ago I was so frustrated with my lack of progression with the ukulele that I offhandedly mentioned to Jon that I was "taking a break" from the seasons, but I noticed that he was up for hosting the following week and I would wait until after that to make my exit. Jon's reply was both encouraging and heartwarming. I don't even know why I bothered to mention that I was unhappy about continuing, I certainly didn't expect this uke hero of mine to say much more than something like "ok, see around". But he really opened up and shared how he also sometimes feels frustrated with his playing (can you imagine?). I kept his message in my inbox all this time, it means that much to me. I didn't ask his permission to share it, and I hope he doesn't mind, but here's how he ended his PM to me:
"Just keep a hold of that joy you felt when you first had the urge to play and sing cause that's what's important in the end eh. The rest of us'll be here to offer friendship and encouragment whenever you decide to start posting in the seasons thing again.
But I hope it's sooner rather than later, cause, I for one am going to miss you and your music brother."

I've been coming back ever since, with only occasional bouts of frustration and seasons breaks. Jon is not just a uke hero but a human hero, if you know what I mean. He is the essence of everything that is good about this place. I thank him from the bottom of my heart for being true to himself, and for giving a shit.

This is a song I first heard during the first season I ever hosted, Season 23. Jon was one of the winners with this tune. Here's his version.
I wish he had kept it up on Youtube, but I've never forgotten it, and today I had the pleasure of doing my own version (which, as you can imagine, is very different from his version). Jon, this is a tribute to you brother. Thanks for the years of inspiration, both as a musician and as a human being.

Your Home Is Where You're Happy

22nd....of crap...Man- this was such a great video the first time around. We need to take the delete option off Jon's channel. All right-enough banter, you brought this mate, big time! Very well done.
And you got him to repost one from the delete pile, that has never happened. Love it.
You know, this was one of my favorites as well- written by Charles Manson!

This isn't the first time I've said this, but there is just not enough time this week to pay tribute to all the wonderful folks who I dearly love here. I am faced with honoring a couple of real seasons pals here with the same song.

Ralf: TheOnlyUkeThatMatters was my first Seasons friend. We live in the same city. We both started with Season 1. Shortly after the six original seasons we got together over a few beers and wondered how long this crazy train would keep going. 20 weeks maybe?! Over the past few years we've gotten together and made a few vids together and I can tell you that he is simply a wonderful guy. Even though we lived not far from each other I couldn't believe he wanted to play some songs with me. He's amazing. Right from the start Ralf floored me with his talent. I remember one of the original seasons was a head to head battle between Seasonsitas, and I was randomly picked to go head to head with Ralf! What a joke. But he's always been so very gracious and encouraging. Ralf, I'm so very glad to have met you and so honored to call you my friend.
Ralf did this song for Season 19, here it is.

Alan: I love Alan. He is so very generous and so very genuine. I remember after watching one of his videos that I mentioned in my reply that I loved it but I wished I could see what he was doing on the uke because I really wanted to figure out what he was doing. I think it was within minutes that Alan put up a new video explaining some of the things he was doing with his chords. I couldn't believe it. What an amazing member of this community. I've mentioned before how much I love the way he makes what seems to me should be a simple chord progression into something much more interesting. His enthusiasm for the seasons has been second to none. Hell, he's the guy who created an overflow thread for folks can't get enough. I'm so glad you're here brother.
One of my favorite weeks was Season 78, Ska Week, in which a bunch of us decided to do the entire The Harder They Come album. God, I loved the week so much. Here's Alan's version.

Rex: This guy amazes me with just about everything he does. I tried to cover a couple other songs he did but couldn't get them to sound anything other than sloppy. I remember I just loved his version of Radar Love. When I commented about this, Rex just sent me the PDF of what he used. He asked me to let him know when I post it. Oh well. Rex and I share a love of KISS. I'm so very glad I'm not the only one!
Here's Rex's version.

I know for certain that TCK has recorded this tune. For the love of God, put the titles in your vids!! I can't find it, but I remember it. In lieu of Dave's version, I give you a vid from the day I had the great pleasure of meeting our esteemed host. I recorded the winners of Season 105 with TCK. Good times.

Now here's my version. Get your ukes folks. This is a singalong. We're in G.

....captivity, require from us a song, how can we sing king alpha song in a strange land? See what I did there? Singing along my friend, with all I got.

Again, stacking up on tributes.

Alan: Well, I just went on about this wonderful man. I remember when he did this song for (again) Season 78. I really wanted to do it, I've always wanted to give this song a shot, but couldn't figure out how to make it sound at least ok. I couldn't sing it. As I mentioned before, this week was such a blast. I really felt a wonderful camaraderie with Alan, TCK and few other seasonistas.

Jim: Uke4ia has been here for a long time as well. He and I share a mutual love for The Moody Blues. I wanted to do a version of Question or Have You Heard, which Jim hit out of the park. He sent me the chord shapes he used for Question, but I don't have the chops. This guy can play! He convinced me to do Tuesday Afternoon for a season he hosted. I didn't think I could pull it off, and now it's one of my favorite songs to play. Thanks for that.
Here's Jim's version.

This song has been important to me since I was sixteen. It was sort of a gateway song into reggae for me. I had the pleasure of seeing Jimmy Cliff in concert four times since '86. He is by far one of the most amazing performers I've ever seen.

Many Rivers To Cross

Man oh man this is good- you got all the stuff you feel about this song into every note mate. Start driving south, I'll meet you halfway to play this one on the side of the road.

TCK
06-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Erivel: Oh my God, this guy blows me away, every. single. time. I wanted to pay tribute to Eric but couldn't figure out what to do. There's no way in hell I could touch his skills. I decided on giving Boys Don't Cry a shot; a song I love, but I wanted to do a few others. Eric is another Seasonsita who seems to love KISS. His versions of and Cold Gin (made with the help of his incredibly talented brother) are two of my favorite Seasons vids EVER. His Beatles covers I drool over. I've sent the links to some of his vids to some old friends of mine and they are all amazed. I have a playlist on YouTube titled "Favorite Seasons Vids" (which is by no means complete) and I'm pretty sure Eric has the most vids in there. Thanks for the kind comments you've made on some of my own vids and for the tremendous inspiration.

Here's Eric's fantastic version of Boys Don't Cry from Season 82.

Here's my attempt.

I will admit it- I love the Cure. Great stuff once again Sean- kinda feeling like it is Christmas around here. I would have had a go at Eric as well, but I can’t even come close. KISS Army

PeeWee: I try to imagine The Seasons without Peter. I absolutely love his sense of humor. Besides that, he is genuine and an overall super nice guy. He's one of those guys who has kept me coming back here the past few years. I don't always get around to commenting on all the vids I watch (shame on me) but I sure do enjoy them. I would have loved to do his take on Train To Skaville (AWESOME!) or Surfing Bird, but who can follow that?

So, in honor of PeeWee's great cover of from Season 52, here's my take:

YES YES YES!!!! I am so glad Mel is not here to see me playing this on the TV, accompanying you with my Banjo Uke and dancing around in my underwear.
The Cretin is hopping.
This is a folk song from the Queens region of New York City- Man Peewee makes me smile every time.

And finally (yes, this is the last one for tonight)......

Linda Louden: Here is one sweet, classy lady. I have found her to be one of the most generous Seasonistas out there. She is one of about three folks who almost always finds time to watch and comment on my videos. I can't tell you how much that means to me. Linda, you make me feel like an important part of this community which I feel I give so little to, and you give so much. I look forward to and enjoy both your videos and comments. You are kind, gracious and talented. Many of the vids you've done with your sister have me on floor. They are hysterical! I love them so much. Thanks for your friendship and thanks for watching. I feel I have a fan! I'm very grateful to you.

Here's Linda's sweet and wonderful take on Don't Think Twice.

Here's mine.

Another great one here my friend...and nope- I ain't never gonna get sick of ya. My hand kinda hurts from playing along, but I am ready for more.

Phew- made it through all of that, so many nice things said about so many of us right there Sean- thanks for all those smiles.

myrnaukelele
06-21-2014, 08:34 AM
I'd like to give a shout-out to Andrew (librainian). His style is impeccable. He is an amazing blues player and I so admire his ukulele playing. He won Season 89 with this song: http://youtu.be/dhClFTxKn28. I love Pink Martini and vowed I'd learn that song someday. Well, that day is here. Thanks for the inspiration Andrew.

http://youtu.be/x2iOwX9V6J0
Could someone explain how to post URLs so that words appear and not the entire http://...? Do you use "wrap[QUOTE]??

TCK
06-21-2014, 08:34 AM
another tip of the hat to our fellow seasonistas...this one is for the ukelites!

here's theirs....
I am laughing so hard right now- the Kazoo dis-engagement is CLASSIC Silly Dave. Big smiles from the west side of the country mate, great stuff!
What a song.

Well if this bumbling pabrizzer effort makes you go and check out Ray F's brilliant version HERE it has served its purpose.
Dear Prudence.

Another great song from Pa! How I remember when Ray did this one...this reprise will likely also stick in my head as well. Great job here- expertly played. I wish I could see your hand to try and figure out what you are doin' there.

Tribute to Linda Louden who did Walking cane
I have taken the appalachian hillbilly americana approach to this song:-)

Oh man Wee- this is about perfect. I am immediately transported to a porch in the South. In fact, I am rattling my bones along with ya right now.

lelouden
06-21-2014, 09:05 AM
I'd like to give a shout-out to Andrew (librainian). His style is impeccable. He is an amazing blues player and I so admire his ukulele playing. He won Season 89 with this song: http://youtu.be/dhClFTxKn28. I love Pink Martini and vowed I'd learn that song someday. Well, that day is here. Thanks for the inspiration Andrew.

Could someone explain how to post URLs so that words appear and not the entire [url]http://...?

This is just beautiful Myna. I wish I had time to do Hang on little Tomatoes in honor of Andrew. Andrew if your reading this just know Im thinking of you this week. You deserve a great big Kudos for everything you bring. Your Brilliant!

Myrna there is a little world button with all the rest next to the envelope. You highlight the word you want and then click on the world and paste the link in there and click ok. Thats it! Then you can change the color of the word too:) Hope that helps!

TCK
06-21-2014, 09:07 AM
As you can see by my post count, I am not a frequent poster but I have been lurking here for more than a year now, ever since I have bought my first uke. I have been going through almost every season since then but reluctant to post. This season, I had to. So her it is.

I could have tried something from Jon, but it is a little intimidating but always inspiring. This entry is for more than just a uke piece. It is from learning about an important person in music and american history, Pete Seeger.

You can hear the very nice original here from Pa, but he also made me discover an artist. I have also seen the movie posted in a thread about Pete and saw how important he has been for America and music.

As a matter of fact, this is a piece of music about an american singer, done by a canadian but suggested by an australian. I think this is what this forum is all about.

p.s. My main language is french so.....
Now this is a Sing-A-Long!! Thanks for joining our party F2- welcome to the Seasons. Great job on this here. And yep- that is what this thing is all about!

Sorry guys, I just can't help myself... Seeing all these wonderful Paper Moons I felt the urge to join in (again). So here's a quick and dirty Moon for everybody. This Season is just filled with Seasonistas love and I feel like sharing!

Kick me over to the island if necessary!
I think I speak for all of us- we like it when you cannot help yourself Poppa Tiger ;) Great arrangement here!

It's so nice to wake up, drink my coffee, and read thru all the love flowing from everyone here :o. I tried to upload this 2nd video I did last night, but youtube was reeeeaaalllly slow...
Anyway, it was kind of coincidental cause a couple of weeks ago, i reached out to krabbers and was interested in purchasing his album... I received it this week. I immediately looked for this particular song that i saw him do during Tina's 'uke beatz' week because I was amazed by it, and i loved the message of the song. My coordination isn't that great which is why I couldn't do how he did it then, so I tried to do it my style. i've always admired krabbers cause he's a great player, singer, performer and song-writer.
Here's his awesome version & here's mine:

Another absolutely beautiful entry. Mesmerized here. Almost speechless...and that ain't easy to do.
My goodness I love Krabbers.

You have all inspired me so much!!! However, My tribute is to Julien Staudt! He played a second bonus song during a Saudade week and I was totally inspired right then and there to learn it. I believe that he had translated it from Henri Salvador's original French version. Anyway, here is my effort, despite the lack of a cute child swaying in the background...

I have now listened to the original French version... It's great but I like Julien's better!!

I'm having a terrific time watching everyone's tribute videos this week! Comments soon!!!
What a delightful song. SO glad you made it here today- this is fantastic. So much heart.

Finally got the time to do my first (and hopefully not the only) entry to this season.

The background: my first entry to the seasons was back in season 114, and very shortly after my first entry, I was surprised to see that someone (TCK) had done a version of the same song (Linoleum), giving me a shoutout, and a warming little story as to why he was doing so. As much as everyone made me feel super-welcome, this was the thing that really solidified my continuing presence here, and the reason I've continued to have as much fun as i had here these last few weeks. So I felt it almost necessary to give him a tribute back for his season of tributes.

The reason I'm doing Vacation... well... It'd be kinda redundant to go back and do Linoleum again, so I picked another of his entries, which I had stumbled upon whilst poking through his other videos after his tribute. It's one of my favorite guilty pleasure songs, and definitely something from my childhood (it was heavily featured in a Rugrats special back then). Figured it was PERFECT. Had to put my own little style into it, though. X3

His awesome version:

I love you Mike- thanks you for the HUGE smile this morning! Great job on it! It ain't a proper season until the Go-go's get here ;)
Belinda…flutter.
Here we go!!!! Priceless

Not a season until Myrna gets here...big hugs! This is beautiful Myrna- that goes without saying, expert delivery, and the setting- flawless. Springtime in Alaska.
No secret if I thought I could pull it off I would be playing one of yours.
As for the posting of the video url without the url, write your text, select it, and then insert the link...does that make sense?

All right- I think I am caught up for now. 200 videos in 3 days...you guys are amazing. It has been so much fun doing this season. Thanks for all the smiles gang!
Keep them coming ;)

Harry122
06-21-2014, 10:07 AM
TCK asked us to find "The song that made you think 'I have got to learn that!'" Here's one from Season 115, "Yeah Baby." unluckymum took the old Frankie Ford rock & roll classic "Sea Cruise" and moved it to a minor key. Genius. I hadda learn this one! Here's unluckymum's version. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFm95vmsTJM&list=PLeOoTkKV5j7KBC1dnKgQxYbal2yCC1Thq&index=93) I put some piano at the bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQEfpVdgRL0&feature=youtu.be

lelouden
06-21-2014, 10:10 AM
I probably shouldn't take up more room in the thread BUT I have to. Eric just let me know that he also did "Do you want to Dance" way back when. It is so good and we are days away from my first post with Pa so Im going to share it now. with almost 500 views and 15 thumbs up....are you surprised?...Me neither...

Here is Eric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ovPc7Bg32k

Ill go back and link this to mine:)

mikef
06-21-2014, 10:13 AM
Hi gang! WHAT a busy week... why? We have a new puppy! ALMOST has cool as a new uke! He has kept me very busy this week but I was determined to knock something out for this most EXCELLENT theme (kudos TCK!)

So here's my little entry (a little rough and ready I'm afraid) to celebrate a gentlemen and Seasonista extrodinaire, a man with a beard of sheer quality and a man who inspires me to keep the rock n roll fire buring inside me forever... I give you the Flying Ptera legend... Tootlin' Geoff.

Tootler recorded this for my hosting week based on songs written by artists of the opposite gender... his version of Jolene makes me smile as much now as it did then.

http://youtu.be/8VkbIuBXlFU

The wondrously tootled original can be found here (http://youtu.be/MDAhYgqAJzE)

ukuleledaddy
06-21-2014, 10:45 AM
And here is where the TCK rule comes home to bite me in the ass...
Sean- you kill me my friend.

HAHAHA! Sorry pal! Gotta lay it all down with these tributes. Yeah, you've got your hands full with this Season!

ukuleledaddy
06-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Here's another song I knew I had to do the moment I heard what this weeks' theme was.

Pabrizzer: Brian is a true ukulele hero to me. I'm always so amazed by what he brings. This guy has got skills and a wonderful style. I love that he's almost always the first one to post for a new season. He's also one of the two or three folks who always manages to comment on my vids. I'm ashamed I can't say the same. Brian, I truly appreciate your generosity, your talent and your presence here in The Seasons. This place would have a gapping hole without you.

Some of my favorite vids by Pabrizzer are the ones he does with Cha. They touch my heart. This one is not only my favorite from the two of them but, of all the thousands of videos from The Seasons, this is right there with my all time favorites. I love this video and if anyone missed it the first time around, do yourself a favor a spend a couple of minutes with these two wonderful people.

Here is the marvelous Pa & Cha doing I Am Not At War With Anyone. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czyzsx0opSg)

And here is our tribute to Pa & Cha: (Evie felt strongly about putting a little slide show in our vid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlvjwckMiO4

UkeCan1
06-21-2014, 12:03 PM
ENCOURAGEMENT TO NEWCOMERS:

I think this must be a very tough week to be a newcomer ... and a few have told me so. It probably seems like a big old insider's party, where everyone knows and loves each other and has been around forever, and you're not invited ...

... or at least everybody's too busy hugging each other to notice you standing over there in the corner all alone. (It sometimes feels a bit that way to me ... and I've been here for almost 40 Seasons.)

I think though, that it's not actually *that* hard a week to make an entry if you're new ... and I'll give you a few suggestions in a moment for how you might do that ... if any of you are still here and you feel there's still enough time to do it.

(And you don't have to ... but we really do want to welcome you to the party, I promise ... so please do know that and come on in and introduce yourself at least! And keep coming back ... other weeks will feel a lot easier, I promise that too.)

FIRST IDEA: Most of us came here because of *somebody*. Somebody invited us to the Seasons, or we know at least one Seasonista from somewhere, or we saw someone's Seasons video and thought, "I'd like to try that!"

If that's true for you, then just pick that person. Do your own version of that first video you saw, or go check out that person's YouTube channel and pick a song you like and do it.

SECOND IDEA: If you know no one, or for whatever reason idea 1 doesn't work for you, cover any song you've already heard somebody do on the Seasons that struck you. If you can't think of one, just browse through this thread righ here, or any Seasons thread whose theme calls to you, and go find one. It shouldn't be that hard to find one you like.

THIRD IDEA: Cover the amazing Seaonista anthem (http://youtu.be/ojO1gPCsYkw) that just came out (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?97728-The-Seasonista-Anthem-%21). Pabrizzer and Cha did it ... it'a terrific introduction to the Seasons and Seasonistas, and you don't have to pick a particular person to tribute from a roomful of strangers. And you can get the chords and lyrics right here. (https://app.box.com/s/4y5874ampeh8qcdljxbj)

Don't worry if you can't do your song as well as the original artist(s) did ... that's the case for most of us too, doing tributes. We only want to hear what *you* can do ... the Seasons are not about reaching some high standard of perfection ... they're about playing (in the sense of fun, as well as music) at your own growing edge, and thereby growing more in the process. And having fun ... did I mention fun? That's what we do at a party, and you are SO welcome! So please join us.

I want to give a special shoutout to my new UWC friend Mark for daring to make his Seasons debut (http://youtu.be/qhpzCqFl_7A) this week! It takes courage any week, and especially this week, and you did great! If any other newcomers are feeling daunted, go check out what Mark did, and take some encouragement from his example.

So please do join us ... it's super fun and not as hard as you think, and we really, really want to welcome you to the party!

Note to the rest of us: I love what you all are doing here! So much love.

And ... I'd also love to see a little of that great big Seasonista love thrown the way of some of the newer folk among us. I know you all know how to welcome newcomers ... I've experienced it myself, not all that long ago. So, I'll just plant the seed and let you do that wonderful thing you all do. 'Nuff said?

TCK
06-21-2014, 12:13 PM
TCK asked us to find "The song that made you think 'I have got to learn that!'" Here's one from Season 115, "Yeah Baby." unluckymum took the old Frankie Ford rock & roll classic "Sea Cruise" and moved it to a minor key. Genius. I hadda learn this one! Here's unluckymum's version. I put some piano at the bridge.

WOW- that song was a diet staple in our house when I was a kid, never heard it done like this. Fantastic take on it right here!
Oh- now I see…it is from the Krabbers version. SOLID CHOICE

Hi gang! WHAT a busy week... why? We have a new puppy! ALMOST has cool as a new uke! He has kept me very busy this week but I was determined to knock something out for this most EXCELLENT theme (kudos TCK!)

So here's my little entry (a little rough and ready I'm afraid) to celebrate a gentlemen and Seasonista extrodinaire, a man with a beard of sheer quality and a man who inspires me to keep the rock n roll fire buring inside me forever... I give you the Flying Ptera legend... Tootlin' Geoff.

Tootler recorded this for my hosting week based on songs written by artists of the opposite gender... his version of Jolene makes me smile as much now as it did then.

The wondrously tootled original can be found here
Knocked it right out Mike, right out. And for Geoff...no brainer, guy is a treasure.

Here's another song I knew I had to do the moment I heard what this weeks' theme was.

Pabrizzer: Brian is a true ukulele hero to me. I'm always so amazed by what he brings. This guy has got skills and a wonderful style. I love that he's almost always the first one to post for a new season. He's also one of the two or three folks who always manages to comment on my vids. I'm ashamed I can't say the same. Brian, I truly appreciate your generosity, your talent and your presence here in The Seasons. This place would have a gapping hole without you.

Some of my favorite vids by Pabrizzer are the ones he does with Cha. They touch my heart. This one is not only my favorite from the two of them but, of all the thousands of videos from The Seasons, this is right there with my all time favorites. I love this video and if anyone missed it the first time around, do yourself a favor a spend a couple of minutes with these two wonderful people.

Here is the marvelous Pa & Cha doing I Am Not At War With Anyone.

And here is our tribute to Pa & Cha: (Evie felt strongly about putting a little slide show in our vid)

You are killing me with this my friend. So much awesome here...tell the girls we ALL said thanks for this. Big smiles. Group hug.
And Pa and Miss Cha- yours is over the top as well…
You guys know kids are my weakness. Kryptonite right here. Love these two vids.

As for the newcomers...yes, please, jump in the water- it is really nice.

mattydee
06-21-2014, 12:19 PM
I would love to pay tribute to all of you, and for some of you, I already have, as I've assimilated bits of your style of play into my own. Jon, I've been giving little knocks on the soundboard in performance ever since I saw you do it 2+ years ago, when we first started this thing. Alan, I've been playing with hammer-ons and pull-offs for musical flavor now for a while, having watched you play. I've gotten less afraid of chord melody solos thanks to you, Skidoo. I've discovered the joys of Ukester Brown's treasure trove of old timey songs thanks to the Silly Dave, and had more fun with 80s songs thanks to erivel. I'm way less afraid of crazy jazz voicings thanks to Doug. I've started composing my own instrumentals thanks to Christian, without whom none of us would be here.

But I only had time for one this week, and I knew it would be Ralf, whose style is so different than my own -- he is a minimalist, and always knows exactly how to arrange a song with the most efficiency -- keeping its style, while making it his own. I'm constantly trying to fill out the sound of the uke, adding right hand flourishes, and often chunking out a percussive backbeat. Ralf strips all of that stuff away and somehow finds the essence of the song, and boom. It hits you right in the gut with its simplicity.

Way back in Season 15, Ralf jumped at the most musically complex song available to him in my Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band challenge. He took a song written for four piece band + grand piano + full orchestra, and arranged it so amazingly that it was instantly clear that he had won the season with it. Here it is (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge_b71Coc38). And here (after far too many takes -- so many I had to just give up and let it be) is my cover of his incredible arrangement of A Day In The Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuXtB5LpaGw

krabbers
06-21-2014, 12:24 PM
sorry for my absence We have been really busy with stuff and the wedding an'all on top of that . we have been playing all week and have just done a set at a festival, anyhooos i have just seen the two covers on here stars will guide our way and too any horses both are absolutely brilliant thanks so much and Daves video collab was excellent too it really has made my day.
i really havent had time to do a tribute but if i did it probably would be a TCK or Pabrizza tribute as they have picked some brilliant songs

inspiration, would have to be all of you as i do need a good kick up the backside sometimes to get going and the subject matters each week give me reasons to get playing and learn new songs. some of which we now play regularly at unplugthewood

Im off to be now as we have to return to the festival first thing and do a Jamming with the Hedge Inspectors Unplugthewood on tour show thingamijig

TCK
06-21-2014, 12:31 PM
So- I suppose it is time to pay tribute to the father here.
122 weeks ago a fellow I had watched in a few contests sent me PM with the craziest idea I had ever heard.
We are going to learn a new song every week...play those songs, and call it a contest.
I am fairly certain he had NO IDEA it would turn into what it is now.
In any event- I chickened out then, felt like I was not good enough to play with this crowd.
I am still not good enough to be here, but hell, I am having fun!
Thanks Chrimess for regularly occupying all of our down time, and playing really hard songs to Cloverdale up...
Figured I would take a crack at this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ9QUhXq3Rw).
Not sure if I should have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC55omv576c&feature=youtu.be

Sammu
06-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Ok, so this is not an entry but I wanted to share it here because Linda made such an amazing tribute to me :o Inspired by some of my videos Linda uploaded Ah! Vous Dirai-je, Maman - I've never uploaded this but, of course, John King's arrangement is an old favorite so I made this video this morning in the kitchen. Please note - this week I got 2 buttons put on my uke and bought a strap. Please note x 2 - I am very pleased with my strap :) I can now make the coffee and play my uke at the same time…yeah….! Don't worry, I'm not going to try and play my uke while cooking - flambé ukulele…ouch! So, this is for Linda - for her kindness and for really making my day. And it's to all of you for the warmth and joy of supporting each other and sharing your music here!
Sam xxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wvmHbr6ZIY&feature=youtu.be

UkeCan1
06-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Is there a "Paper Moon" playlist yet? Here's mine. A tribute to as many Seasonistas as possible, especially Ginny and Craig ... so happy to see you playing together regularly ... your "Paper Moon" made my heart sing all the many times I watched it ... and our newest member Mark, my new friend from UWC ... for jumping in on what must be one of the toughest weeks for newcomers ... so great to see you take on the challenge ... loved your version as well. I'll put the other links in later, but for now, here's Mark's (http://youtu.be/qhpzCqFl_7A).

And here's mine ... it's not as good as the others, but it's a whole lot better than when I first learned this song ... it was one of the first songs I tried to learn, and it took me forever. Much quicker and easier this time. So glad you all brought it back to me!

http://youtu.be/LOCU3DGV2v0

(Sorry, the intro is longer than the song. :))

librainian
06-21-2014, 03:02 PM
What can I say about Ralf Youtz (OnlyUkeThatMatters)? First off I am fortunate to have him here in Portland, OR so I've been able to play and record several songs together. Less than I would like but more than I deserve. Ralf is gifted in so many ways but I particularly admire his ability to engage with his audience and look relaxed and happy in front of the camera. When Ralf looks at you and starts whatever amazing arrangement he has cooked for the the week his eyes grab you and never let go. That wry smile makes you feel you are in some secret club and sharing something cool, which you are!

The second thing I love about Ralf's playing is his impeccable timing. He can take something simple like this song, find a groove and never let it go. He makes you love whatever he's playing as much as he does and that is something that you really can't teach but it always inspires you to do little better the next time you play. So thanks Ralf for the friendship and more importantly for all the great music you bring us each week.

Ralf did this Cure song Friday I'm In Love (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLoms2G9Lzs) back in Joko's Season 69 and it's always been on my list to try because I loved how he made those 4 simple chords interesting with his tight and syncopated strumming. Here's my attempt to recreate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqzIXwt0zT8

librainian
06-21-2014, 03:13 PM
PaBrizzer was an early inspiration when I started here. Brian has an amazing ability to take just about any song you thought you knew and within just a few bars, make it uniquely his own. I can never put my finger on exactly how he does it but it is awesome. His phrasing and that low and controlled vocal is something to aspire to as well.

Brian puts out an amazing array of songs each week and they are always instantly recognizable as a Brizzer joint. So thanks Pa for being such an amazing hit factory week after week.

Pa has covered this song several times but the first time I heard him do it I got chills. It's such a simple tune but loaded with every emotion you can imagine. The fact that my dad is a big Steve Earle fan was probably a factor in that for me. Here's his version from Season 83 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyg_0PGlQwQ)

And here's mine, warts and all. My pono has a tendancy to buzz. Not sure if it is my poor technique or I lowered the action too far?

http://youtu.be/pPjGlDt61lQ

OldePhart
06-21-2014, 03:19 PM
The knee, the knee - he's got the chrimess knee! Excellent touch and great vid, Dave.

So- I suppose it is time to pay tribute to the father here.
122 weeks ago a fellow I had watched in a few contests sent me PM with the craziest idea I had ever heard.
We are going to learn a new song every week...play those songs, and call it a contest.
I am fairly certain he had NO IDEA it would turn into what it is now.
In any event- I chickened out then, felt like I was not good enough to play with this crowd.
I am still not good enough to be here, but hell, I am having fun!
Thanks Chrimess for regularly occupying all of our down time, and playing really hard songs to Cloverdale up...
Figured I would take a crack at this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ9QUhXq3Rw).
Not sure if I should have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC55omv576c&feature=youtu.be

J-Peg
06-21-2014, 03:20 PM
There are far too many fantastic musicians here for me to even begin to name them all. And even more important, there are so many good people here. But we keep telling new and prospective new seasonistas that this isn't about being a great musician. It's about putting yourself out there, stepping out of your comfort zone, making your best effort and, above all else, having fun. And one guy that always does that is ukuleledaveey.

Also, I love it when someone covers a song and brings something completely new to it, especially when that something seems so perfectly suited to the song that I wonder why I never saw the song in that way before. Back in week 53, daveey did Oasis' "Don't Look Back in Anger" as a rather bouncy ukulele ditty and I immediately knew I had to learn it. That style brought something out of the lyrics I'd never heard in them before. Honestly, the original version just doesn't sound right to me anymore. It's a ukulele song now.

Anyway, here's daveey's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0c6Wf1GCAk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0c6Wf1GCAk)

And here's mine. I tried to take it just a little further down the ukulele path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mdH0O3n0Pw&feature=youtu.be

lelouden
06-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Ok, so this is not an entry but I wanted to share it here because Linda made such an amazing tribute to me :o Inspired by some of my videos Linda uploaded Ah! Vous Dirai-je, Maman - I've never uploaded this but, of course, John King's arrangement is an old favorite so I made this video this morning in the kitchen. Please note - this week I got 2 buttons put on my uke and bought a strap. Please note x 2 - I am very pleased with my strap :) I can now make the coffee and play my uke at the same time…yeah….! Don't worry, I'm not going to try and play my uke while cooking - flambé ukulele…ouch! So, this is for Linda - for her kindness and for really making my day. And it's to all of you for the warmth and joy of supporting each other and sharing your music here!
Sam xxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wvmHbr6ZIY&feature=youtu.be

What a sweet thing to add this Sam. I know how busy you must be so that makes this even more of a special gesture of kindness. Thank you so much for sharing this with us all. It was so beautiful. Everything I knew it would be:)

J-Peg
06-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Okay, I gotta explain this bonus entry a little...

When I hosted season 34, TCK did "Wagon Wheel."
(See it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geN1DoHCWa4)
So it seemed appropriate for me to do it now when he's hosting.
Except that with him being TCK and all, a sing-along seemed especially appropriate. Especially considering that when he first posted it I used to play his version at high volume while accompanying it with guitar and harmony vocals on the chorus.

So here's what that sounded like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axhMfw2NCD4&feature=youtu.be

And yeah, I know I'm playing guitar on a ukulele board, but there is a ukulele in the video. :)

Captain America
06-21-2014, 04:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTz-lDauKhc&list=UUUbuFgH4vPTZ-2QneQr-kyw

Here's my first submission to Season; got no favorite seasons person yet. At any rate, a great tune about a bad place. . . don't go there! :)

librainian
06-21-2014, 04:56 PM

Here's my first submission to Season; got no favorite seasons person yet. At any rate, a great tune about a bad place. . . don't go there! :)

Ladiiiiiies and geeeeentlemen! Cap has just entered the seasons with a cannonball into the deep end of the pool! Loved the energy Cap' I've heard this song before I'm sure but this is my new fave rendition. It reminds me of Tom Waits for some reason :rock:

librainian
06-21-2014, 05:03 PM

Except that with him being TCK and all, a sing-along seemed especially appropriate. Especially considering that when he first posted it I used to play his version at high volume while accompanying it with guitar and harmony vocals on the chorus.

And yeah, I know I'm playing guitar on a ukulele board, but there is a ukulele in the video. :)

Yeah that was amazing. I play both uke and guitar and I love to heard them together. They compliment each other nicely. An outstanding tribute.

UkeCan1
06-21-2014, 05:23 PM
FiL said he thought this was a hard Season for me. I wondered, what's he on about? Then I thought about it, and thought he might be right. Then I remembered that pretty much every Season seems hard to me at first, then I start thinking about what to do, and end up with twelve great songs I wish I had time for. Which has turned out to be the case with this one ... if I get 'em all done, this will be the second of three.

Then yesterday it occurred to me I have been missing the obvious.

The Seasonista who introduced me to this crazy thing called the Seasons of the Ukulele, who formed a band with me when he'd barely met me, when I'd been playing less than three weeks and he was about 50,000 times better than me ... who liked the crazy name I came up with for our band, and made us a logo and a Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/UkeCan2) the very next day.

Who came over to "rehearse" in my backyard the next day, and played me this achingly beautiful song he'd just recorded for this online video thing I didn't quite understand, a song that made me cry then, and still makes me cry now ... every single time I try to play it.

Who invited me to his office the following week and produced my first Seasons video (http://youtu.be/mmnW0ptMLo8), complete with separate sound and video recording, judicious editing, and beautiful titles and transitions. And several more after that (http://www.youtube.com/user/UkeCan1), including seven or eight we've done as a duo (http://www.youtube.com/user/UkeCanTwo).

Who indulges me in my silly sense of humor and very-different-from-his-taste song choices, helps me every week to make those choices, leaves supportive comments on every single video even when he sometimes doesn't like the song, helps me choose what songs to play at parties and on stage, and makes me sound oh so much better than I am when he plays with me.

Who expertly leads this incredible weekly jam session (http://www.meetup.com/NJ-Acoustic-Music-in-the-Park) that has grown my abilities to play with others faster than should be humanly possible, who drives us both to all kinds of fun musical and social things, week after week.

Who let me talk him into ... one week before it happened ... to driving 720 miles each way to this crazy camping-in-a-field-with-zero-amenities-thing in Indiana, the Ukulele World Congress (http://www.facebook.com/groups/236184839465) ... which was clearly way too far, and as near as I can uncover, further than any other attendee(s) drove this year. Who came over the weekend prior so we could set up four tents in my backyard and figure out what we needed to bring. Who let me spend way too much time repacking the car so we could see out the back, even though he was fine with it the way it was. Who drove practically the entire trip himself, and took care of all sorts of things while I got to relax and navigate and change CD's and meet all those amazing people and play ukuleles without having to worry about a thing.

Who bought me a tuner and a "Daily Ukulele", helped me figure out what capo and strings to buy, and helped me restring my ukulele. Oh, and helped me buy the thing in the first place, when I didn't even remember who he was.

Who did this beautiful thing in his videos that everyone else oohed and aahed over ... fingerpicking? ... it was a while before I started to notice it and how great it was ... and then I wanted to learn it, but was too busy by then making all these crazy videos that I never made the time.

This is the first Seasons video I ever saw (http://youtu.be/cKX2pwwbw9k) ... and it instantly made me want to come be a part of this great thing you all had over here, before I even really got what it was.

And, this song made me cry then, and it still makes me cry. I cannot perform it without weeping in about five different places, no matter how many times I do it. The only reason I'm not a complete mess in the video is because the fingerpicking takes so much concentration that I don't have enough attention left over to get swept up in the story. (Give me a little more time to master that skill though, and I'll probably be completely unable to perform the song ever again.)

http://youtu.be/Y-FBhUoAHjs

It was not easy figuring out how to do the fingerpicking, and I have no idea if what I'm doing is even close to what FiL did. It sounds similar to my ear.

I tried googling fingerpicking patterns, and found that most of what's out there is all steady eighth notes ... not syncopated like he does. I did find one guitar pattern that seemed similar, but it had 7 eighth notes when he seems to be doing only six ... and I couldn't figure out which one to leave out.

His video was way too fast for my eyes or ears to follow, and his picking hand is only partly visible anyway. I uploaded a copy of his video with the intention of having YouTube slow it down to half-speed so I could watch it ... it's still processing, a day later.

In the meantime, I checked out a few of his other videos (http://www.youtube.com/user/cherkcom) and found one that has about 3.5 measures (http://youtu.be/5KJEKKDbgAM) of what seems to be the same picking pattern, and I did manage to make a 7-second clip (http://youtu.be/hnouWEUH02w) of that on YouTube and slow it down to half-speed (http://youtu.be/xllfyWii6Cg). And then realized I still couldn't really see what his hand was doing ... and while I could hear at that speed, I then realized he's playing an 8-string ... which has extra notes my uke doesn't have! So whatever I did, it was never going to sound the same, and it was hard to tell if I was doing the same thing.

Then it occurred to me that I have a book ... "Ukulele Exercises for Dummies" ... which I bought months ago with the idea of learning fingerpicking from it ... but it's all steady eighth note patterns too.

Finally, after reading all this stuff online and in my book about how fingerpicking works, I just shook all that info up in my head and tried something. It sounded pretty good, was easier than anything else I'd tried, and actually sounds pretty close to what FiL's doing ... I think.

Anyway, at that point I stopped trying to figure out his videos and just went with that. And after a day of noodling with it, here's what I came up with.

bonesigh
06-21-2014, 05:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCqWhJbEPMY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
06-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Amazing Season, TCK. Thanks for the reminder that every Seasonista (from the original Six Seasons competitors to those that have joined in for the first time this week) inspires me to keep having fun with these challenges week after week.

There is one Seasonista that's been inspiring me every week to continue making and sharing videos with y'all: TheSillyDave. Way back in Season 24, TheSillyDave's wildly fun version of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UER5gBChs_4) had me singing and playing along right away. That performance, along with more than a hundred other performances from a hat-filled Arkansas attic, inspires me to have as much fun as I can every week. Thanks, Dave. I'm looking forward to hundreds more silly uke videos from you, man.

http://youtu.be/q1A2ba8_p2s

librainian
06-21-2014, 06:11 PM
SEE! What was I just saying??? Ralf killed it. ROFL! :worship:

thesillydave
06-21-2014, 06:39 PM
loved it ralf!!

lelouden
06-21-2014, 06:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axhMfw2NCD4&feature=youtu.be

Holy Freakin cow.....and i don't usually say that word:) But this is gooooooood stuff! TCK, that rasp you have in this is so good and the guitar and harmonies by J makes me want to pay to see more!

UkeCan1
06-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Okay, one last one. Tribute Season is an opportunity to complete on a promise I made five months ago. Rustyy did "Blame it on the Bossa Nova" (http://youtu.be/f3khTstJfr8) for Season 100 (celebrating people who died in 2013, of which Eydie Gorme was one).

I told him I knew a dance to it and would video the dance for him.

So here's my dance for "Blame it on the Bossa Nova":

http://youtu.be/PrWXxgeqh6Y

For anyone who's contemplating doing such a silly thing, let me tell you that playing, singing, and dancing all at the same time is REALLY hard! This is the one I've been working on all week, before the "Paper Moon" (http://youtu.be/LOCU3DGV2v0) folks inspired me and before I realized (yesterday!) that I needed to do a tribute to FiL (http://youtu.be/Y-FBhUoAHjs).

This was about a thousand times harder than learning to do fingerpicking and playing and singing at the same time for "Birches" (http://youtu.be/Y-FBhUoAHjs). I have no idea why.

librainian
06-21-2014, 07:17 PM

OMG Myrna that was killer. This song cries out for a sultry female vocal and you delivered it in spades! Plus you played this on baritone which I also loved. It suits the song so well. Thanks for doing this. I still hope we can record something bluesy together with your great smokey vocals.

mattydee
06-21-2014, 07:28 PM

Welcome to the Seasons, Captain. You picked a good one! Anyway, a few of us have done this tune!* I won The Ukelites' season 20 with it -- check it out here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8AHjo6W2U).

That same season saw two other versions of it: Here is TheSillyDave (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQOdk2ZUXMY); and 23Skidoo made it a family affair (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBOlI4YD6fw).

*You'll find that often the Seasons require a certain word to be in the title of a song -- Season 20 was one of those -- either Heaven or Hell, and that tune is properly titled Hell. Not a big deal, but if you stick around -- and I hope you do! -- you may want to be careful about that sort of thing. Again, great job!

TCK
06-21-2014, 08:31 PM
And away we go again! No rest for the Cloverdale kid this week...
It's OK- just how I like a season to go!

I would love to pay tribute to all of you, and for some of you, I already have, as I've assimilated bits of your style of play into my own. Jon, I've been giving little knocks on the soundboard in performance ever since I saw you do it 2+ years ago, when we first started this thing. Alan, I've been playing with hammer-ons and pull-offs for musical flavor now for a while, having watched you play. I've gotten less afraid of chord melody solos thanks to you, Skidoo. I've discovered the joys of Ukester Brown's treasure trove of old timey songs thanks to the Silly Dave, and had more fun with 80s songs thanks to erivel. I'm way less afraid of crazy jazz voicings thanks to Doug. I've started composing my own instrumentals thanks to Christian, without whom none of us would be here.

But I only had time for one this week, and I knew it would be Ralf, whose style is so different than my own -- he is a minimalist, and always knows exactly how to arrange a song with the most efficiency -- keeping its style, while making it his own. I'm constantly trying to fill out the sound of the uke, adding right hand flourishes, and often chunking out a percussive backbeat. Ralf strips all of that stuff away and somehow finds the essence of the song, and boom. It hits you right in the gut with its simplicity.

Way back in Season 15, Ralf jumped at the most musically complex song available to him in my Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band challenge. He took a song written for four piece band + grand piano + full orchestra, and arranged it so amazingly that it was instantly clear that he had won the season with it. Here it is And here (after far too many takes -- so many I had to just give up and let it be) is my cover of his incredible arrangement of A Day In The Life.

WOW- Great bit of singing and playing here Matt. Did you really get those notes? AWESOME. Such a great video, and an amazing tribute to the guy who can play anything and sell it.

Ok, so this is not an entry but I wanted to share it here because Linda made such an amazing tribute to me :o Inspired by some of my videos Linda uploaded Ah! Vous Dirai-je, Maman - I've never uploaded this but, of course, John King's arrangement is an old favorite so I made this video this morning in the kitchen. Please note - this week I got 2 buttons put on my uke and bought a strap. Please note x 2 - I am very pleased with my strap I can now make the coffee and play my uke at the same time…yeah….! Don't worry, I'm not going to try and play my uke while cooking - flambé ukulele…ouch! So, this is for Linda - for her kindness and for really making my day. And it's to all of you for the warmth and joy of supporting each other and sharing your music here!
Sam xxx

This is beautiful in every way. Thanks for playing it for us.

Is there a "Paper Moon" playlist yet? Here's mine. A tribute to as many Seasonistas as possible, especially Ginny and Craig ... so happy to see you playing together regularly ... your "Paper Moon" made my heart sing all the many times I watched it ... and our newest member Mark, my new friend from UWC ... for jumping in on what must be one of the toughest weeks for newcomers ... so great to see you take on the challenge ... loved your version as well.

And here's mine ... it's not as good as the others, but it's a whole lot better than when I first learned this song ... it was one of the first songs I tried to learn, and it took me forever. Much quicker and easier this time. So glad you all brought it back to me!

(Sorry, the intro is longer than the song. :))
Delightful. It is every bit as good as the others- thanks for bringing it for us! I may put all the moons in one place ;)

What can I say about Ralf Youtz (OnlyUkeThatMatters)? First off I am fortunate to have him here in Portland, OR so I've been able to play and record several songs together. Less than I would like but more than I deserve. Ralf is gifted in so many ways but I particularly admire his ability to engage with his audience and look relaxed and happy in front of the camera. When Ralf looks at you and starts whatever amazing arrangement he has cooked for the the week his eyes grab you and never let go. That wry smile makes you feel you are in some secret club and sharing something cool, which you are!

The second thing I love about Ralf's playing is his impeccable timing. He can take something simple like this song, find a groove and never let it go. He makes you love whatever he's playing as much as he does and that is something that you really can't teach but it always inspires you to do little better the next time you play. So thanks Ralf for the friendship and more importantly for all the great music you bring us each week.

Ralf did this Cure song Friday I'm In Love back in Joko's Season 69 and it's always been on my list to try because I loved how he made those 4 simple chords interesting with his tight and syncopated strumming. Here's my attempt to recreate it.

Playing along…one of my favorite ones to knock out. Maybe the three (four...five) of us will do this on someday. Great job Andrew.
Not that you asked…but I did it in 24 with make-up (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6JiBFY63CE&index=8&list=PL65A9FDFB2028EF09). I also put the wrong stuff on my lips so I got these awesome burns...art I tell ya.

PaBrizzer was an early inspiration when I started here. Brian has an amazing ability to take just about any song you thought you knew and within just a few bars, make it uniquely his own. I can never put my finger on exactly how he does it but it is awesome. His phrasing and that low and controlled vocal is something to aspire to as well.

Brian puts out an amazing array of songs each week and they are always instantly recognizable as a Brizzer joint. So thanks Pa for being such an amazing hit factory week after week.

Pa has covered this song several times but the first time I heard him do it I got chills. It's such a simple tune but loaded with every emotion you can imagine. The fact that my dad is a big Steve Earle fan was probably a factor in that for me. Here's his version from Season 83

And here's mine, warts and all. My pono has a tendancy to buzz. Not sure if it is my poor technique or I lowered the action too far?

Oh...there it is. Andrew and the fiddly bits. Beautiful my friend. I loved Pa's video so much when he did it for Dave's week. So glad to hear it again.

There are far too many fantastic musicians here for me to even begin to name them all. And even more important, there are so many good people here. But we keep telling new and prospective new seasonistas that this isn't about being a great musician. It's about putting yourself out there, stepping out of your comfort zone, making your best effort and, above all else, having fun. And one guy that always does that is ukuleledaveey.

Also, I love it when someone covers a song and brings something completely new to it, especially when that something seems so perfectly suited to the song that I wonder why I never saw the song in that way before. Back in week 53, daveey did Oasis' "Don't Look Back in Anger" as a rather bouncy ukulele ditty and I immediately knew I had to learn it. That style brought something out of the lyrics I'd never heard in them before. Honestly, the original version just doesn't sound right to me anymore. It's a ukulele song now.

And here's mine. I tried to take it just a little further down the ukulele path.

Joe- so glad to see you here! My goodness, you nailed it. Gotta tell you, Daveey's video is my favorite one ever in the seasons. There is just something in it...and you got it right here- very well done.

A vast improvement here Joe- Huge smiles in Cloverdale!!!! Thanks for making this with me- throw another log on the campfire would ya? Lets do that again my friend.

Here's my first submission to Season; got no favorite seasons person yet. At any rate, a great tune about a bad place. . . don't go there!
Haha! Yes!!!! You will certainly have some favorites Cap- we are all in piling in the car to do this one again on your porch. What a debut mate...you sure do look like you are having fun- perfect

TCK
06-21-2014, 08:31 PM
This is the first Seasons video I ever saw... and it instantly made me want to come be a part of this great thing you all had over here, before I even really got what it was.

And, this song made me cry then, and it still makes me cry. I cannot perform it without weeping in about five different places, no matter how many times I do it. The only reason I'm not a complete mess in the video is because the fingerpicking takes so much concentration that I don't have enough attention left over to get swept up in the story. (Give me a little more time to master that skill though, and I'll probably be completely unable to perform the song ever again.)

WOW...heart and soul right there. You sure got that finger-picking thing down right there. This is lovely. Very well done.

Janet- you are the best. I love the cop out! Excellent. Rules be damned!

Amazing Season, TCK. Thanks for the reminder that every Seasonista (from the original Six Seasons competitors to those that have joined in for the first time this week) inspires me to keep having fun with these challenges week after week.

There is one Seasonista that's been inspiring me every week to continue making and sharing videos with y'all: TheSillyDave. Way back in Season 24, TheSillyDave's wildly fun version of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" had me singing and playing along right away. That performance, along with more than a hundred other performances from a hat-filled Arkansas attic, inspires me to have as much fun as I can every week. Thanks, Dave. I'm looking forward to hundreds more silly uke videos from you, man.

This is so awesome! When Melissa did 24, and Dave came on and did this one, we watched it forty times, rolled on the floor, laughed, cried and decided that we really loved the seasons. We are doing the same all over again. Brilliant tribute from the guy why can play any song...The only uke that matters

Okay, one last one. Tribute Season is an opportunity to complete on a promise I made five months ago. Rustyy did "Blame it on the Bossa Nova" for Season 100 (celebrating people who died in 2013, of which Eydie Gorme was one).

I told him I knew a dance to it and would video the dance for him.

So here's my dance for "Blame it on the Bossa Nova":

Hahahaha! So rad! Rustty is gonna be chuffed...and yeah, dancin' around with an ukulele is really HARD. I can't believe you did not fall apart laughing.

TCK
06-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Right then folks- time to finish with a bang- hope to see a few more tomorrow. This has been a blast gang- really a great time. Thanks for that

myrnaukelele
06-21-2014, 08:38 PM
OMG Myrna that was killer. This song cries out for a sultry female vocal and you delivered it in spades! Plus you played this on baritone which I also loved. It suits the song so well. Thanks for doing this. I still hope we can record something bluesy together with your great smokey vocals.
Thanks Andrew! I spent the first part of the week learning this song on my Mainland concert (since you played one in the original video). But it just wasn't working, even when I tuned it down a full step. I picked up the bari and voila ~instantly transposed to the proper key. I'd love to work on a collab with you one of these days. Perhaps later in the summer - I'm heading off to France next week and will be back at the end of July.

Phooto
06-21-2014, 08:58 PM
I would have re-recorded this for the season, so it's not an entry, but I add it for fun and too late. My tribute to Krabbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETqyxc4IG_8&list=UU2I01-EOVZI69hnZ2QAABFQ

myrnaukelele
06-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Season 32 was British Invasion Week. It was a wild and crazy week of 1960s music. Wolfchs (Mina) won the The Fab! Gear! Groovy! Award with this song. Gorgeous vocals and beautiful picking- it was a lovely performance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh989qiP6VM&list=PL_U9rjDCAA7FOQjxvZTptrP6BYEHGLbtC&feature=share&index=39 Here is my tribute video -

http://youtu.be/I46HlsdOXYk

RAB11
06-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Final tribute of the week for me unless I think of more to spill over into Alan's week, this one's for Andrew the Librainian. He made my jaw hit the floor in week 113 with THIS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko0Gcm9ctb0) amazing cover of Chris Isaak's Wicked Game. Drenched in some awesome reverb, string squeak for percussion, beautiful singing and effortless playing. One of those 'I didn't know a uke could do that' moments. Probably my favourite Seasons video, and it's one of my favourite songs anyway. He's also been good enough to offer some very kind words on a few of my videos which always means a lot.

Here's my feeble attempt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28WGeogH1Iw

librainian
06-22-2014, 03:37 AM
Super cool Ryan! Detailed comments are on YT but you captured the moody melancholy atmosphere of Isaak's original which is what I was going for, plus you nailed that signature opening bend vibrato which I criminally left out of mine so thanks for that. Cheers mate!

wolfchs
06-22-2014, 03:57 AM
Season 32 was British Invasion Week. It was a wild and crazy week of 1960s music. Wolfchs (Mina) won the The Fab! Gear! Groovy! Award with this song. Gorgeous vocals and beautiful picking- it was a lovely performance. Here is my tribute video -

As I sit hear eating my bagel and having coffee, I saw Myrna cover my cover of As Tears go by... I love ya Myrna! It wasn't enough that you were able to get me to sing in front of the UWC crowd earlier this month with you and I will never forget it because I can't perform in front of live people cause my nerves won't let me but you helped me try to overcome that! Thank you :o Your fingerpicking and singing is perfect!!!

Jazzbanjorex
06-22-2014, 04:03 AM
So. Is there a record for Most Seasonistas Tributed in one video?

librainian
06-22-2014, 04:20 AM
I think Wendy's fish heads parody qualifies. She worked so many in there it's amazing!

ChrisDeston821
06-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Didn't think I'd make it for this week but I managed to get it done (:

http://youtu.be/D719os6I_YQ

From Season 80 - http://youtu.be/hrBV4OEA5vI
One day I'll master first fret barre chords..

decaturcomp
06-22-2014, 04:39 AM
Beautiful season Son.
Yer doin' a fine thing for all of us here.
Sincere thanks.

Right then folks- time to finish with a bang- hope to see a few more tomorrow. This has been a blast gang- really a great time. Thanks for that

UkeCan1
06-22-2014, 05:01 AM

Unless I missed an earlier one, I think Max held the record for about a week with 50-something in his awesome Seasonista puppet parody (http://youtu.be/fWzAStojMRM) until I did "Seasonista Fish Heads" (http://youtu.be/rxWnriZNHhQ) with about 70.

If so, I sincerely apologize that a song based on "Fish Heads" (http://youtu.be/FjloYmvOmQA) should hold any kind of distinction in this hallowed place.

On the other hand, it's hard to imagine anyone else foolish enough to take the time to try and beat it.
Surely no one else is as obsessive as me about something so ridiculous? :)

And I felt bad that I didn't get more of you in there!

Hey, where is Max?

TCK
06-22-2014, 05:28 AM
I would have re-recorded this for the season, so it's not an entry, but I add it for fun and too late. My tribute to Krabbers.

Outstanding! Nothing better than waking to shifty and furtive car ukin’. I need to buy that CD

Season 32 was British Invasion Week. It was a wild and crazy week of 1960s music. Wolfchs (Mina) won the The Fab! Gear! Groovy! Award with this song. Gorgeous vocals and beautiful picking- it was a lovely performance. Here is my tribute video -

Great feel right here, on a song I adore. Thanks for giving us another one Myrna.

Final tribute of the week for me unless I think of more to spill over into Alan's week, this one's for Andrew the Librainian. He made my jaw hit the floor in week 113 with THIS amazing cover of Chris Isaak's Wicked Game. Drenched in some awesome reverb, string squeak for percussion, beautiful singing and effortless playing. One of those 'I didn't know a uke could do that' moments. Probably my favourite Seasons video, and it's one of my favourite songs anyway. He's also been good enough to offer some very kind words on a few of my videos which always means a lot.

Here's my feeble attempt:

Great picking on this one- a song I am not familiar with but I think I will probably just leave it with this- great job.

From Season 80 -
Glad you could make it...and yeah- you can play those barre chords just fine! Excellent playin' and singin' here
Watching the hand motions on Doug’s again- you got that…AWESOME

Great way to start my morning folks, Now off to take my Hawk for a walk, but I will be back later. Still got a lot of time today ;)

Raygf
06-22-2014, 05:44 AM
It's so nice to wake up, drink my coffee, and read thru all the love flowing from everyone here :o. I tried to upload this 2nd video I did last night, but youtube was reeeeaaalllly slow...
Anyway, it was kind of coincidental cause a couple of weeks ago, i reached out to krabbers and was interested in purchasing his album... I received it this week. I immediately looked for this particular song that i saw him do during Tina's 'uke beatz' week because I was amazed by it, and i loved the message of the song. My coordination isn't that great which is why I couldn't do how he did it then, so I tried to do it my style. i've always admired krabbers cause he's a great player, singer, performer and song-writer.
Here's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ghwaghJmPk)his awesome version & here's mine:

http://youtu.be/7KNlV1Fxezc

Mina, how lovely lovely. Thank you so much for bringing this back to our attention. Mike's writing is noteworthy. This one is at the to of my short list to learn.

lelouden
06-22-2014, 06:27 AM

Did you mean what song has been sung most by seasonistas?

greyghost
06-22-2014, 06:30 AM
Hunting for songs recorded by various seasonistas, my son ran across a Tori Amos cover by UU forumer RussBuss415, posted to youtube long before the Seasons came into being (Here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYvR513K-U). My son is a big Tori fan, and so we decided to put our own spin on it. Since it's a pre-Seasons vid we're saluting, I don't know if that counts, but here's our take on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBUEmIFU_g

Dan Uke
06-22-2014, 06:37 AM
This was done by Daniel (DanUke) for season 80 as a really great instrumental. As I can get nowhere near his skilled playing, I give you this version of Psalms 42:1 As the Deer.

http://youtu.be/K-mfsQG85_A

This is beautiful Wim, really Beautiful. Man do I miss Dan. Great job here mate

Thank you Wim for playing this song as it has meaning to you as well as me. I loved your version and if I could sing as well as you, I would have done it like that.

I also want to thank Dave for letting me know about Wim's performance. What's especially great about Dave is that when I hosted season 28 and it was songs of 2013. He was complaining about the music and never performed. Months later, he emailed me and stated that he really tried to pick a song but had such a difficult time. Finally, he chose Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" and made it his own!! Even I wouldn't be caught dead singing that song!! haha That shows you how great of a guy Dave is and I'm sure that's why his students appreciate him. Dave's version would be my tribute song and I will eventually enter a season again.

ukuLily Mars
06-22-2014, 07:05 AM
First things first: Seasonistas are awesome.

I loved this theme right as soon as I saw it. But I was scheduled to leave on Tuesday to go to Florida to be with my parents. Some of you may know my beloved stepfather has been very ill for the past year and a half, and yesterday afternoon he passed away. I'm glad I was here but it's been a tough week.

This theme touches my heart so much, and there are so many tributes I would love to pay! I played for Pop right up to the end (he loved when the ukulele came out, and while he could he sang along). Of course I played Paper Moon, and I played Tiptoe Through the Tulips, a song I learned because I loved Myrna's version (and I still think of Myrna every time I play it).

Dave, my friend, I'm sorry I can't participate in this Season, but I know you understand. Thanks for being such a great host and for creating such a special Season!

Dougf
06-22-2014, 07:16 AM

http://youtu.be/D719os6I_YQ

From Season 80 - http://youtu.be/hrBV4OEA5vI

Great job on this, Chris, barre chords can be challenging, especially on the first fret, but it sounded solid to me, and you nailed that index barre hammer-on. And I really like your vocal phrasing, you definitely gave it your own style.

Jazzbanjorex
06-22-2014, 08:23 AM
Did you mean what song has been sung most by seasonistas?

Well... I kind of meant what single Tribute Song, this season, knocked out more than one Seasonista. I did Crazy Words and it was for Linda and SillyDave but Rivers Of Babylon I think made a bigger swipe through the field of Seasonistas.

But I could see how my words didn't convey that well and I enjoyed where that thought lead as well. I'd missed Seasonista Fish Heads up until now. But I'd seen Max's puppet song. Both very good.

bonesigh
06-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Yeah, where is Max anyway? We miss you!

Unless I missed an earlier one, I think Max held the record for about a week with 50-something in his awesome Seasonista puppet parody (http://youtu.be/fWzAStojMRM) until I did "Seasonista Fish Heads" (http://youtu.be/rxWnriZNHhQ) with about 70.

If so, I sincerely apologize that a song based on "Fish Heads" (http://youtu.be/FjloYmvOmQA) should hold any kind of distinction in this hallowed place.

On the other hand, it's hard to imagine anyone else foolish enough to take the time to try and beat it.
Surely no one else is as obsessive as me about something so ridiculous? :)

And I felt bad that I didn't get more of you in there!

Hey, where is Max?

ukuleledaveey
06-22-2014, 08:31 AM

Anyway, here's daveey's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0c6Wf1GCAk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0c6Wf1GCAk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mdH0O3n0Pw&feature=youtu.be

Wow what can i say Jpeg i am shocked how a great musician as yourself ,would pick me, thank you so so much, it really means a lot to me. A self taught,learning no musical knowledge strummer, i am over the moon, funnily enough it is my fave video, i never intended it to come,out the way i played it, it just felt natural and right, if possible i love to do covers with a little bit of,ones own personality,style in it although im guilty of doing straight covers, but i try my best. Once again many thanks jpeg and everyone else that has tributed me i loves you all.

Jazzbanjorex
06-22-2014, 08:32 AM
I bet if we had the time we could find a song done by each of the Seasonistas that we'd say "I'd like to record that song". Well I know I'd say that.

Some of the biggest benefits of being part of the Seasons is that it has expanded my music catalog and appreciation for different playing styles. I've stolen some ideas and techniques from quite a few of you.

bonesigh
06-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Sorry for your loss Lily. Stay strong and uke on for him.

I loved this theme right as soon as I saw it. But I was scheduled to leave on Tuesday to go to Florida to be with my parents. Some of you may know my beloved stepfather has been very ill for the past year and a half, and yesterday afternoon he passed away. I'm glad I was here but it's been a tough week.

This theme touches my heart so much, and there are so many tributes I would love to pay! I played for Pop right up to the end (he loved when the ukulele came out, and while he could he sang along). Of course I played Paper Moon, and I played Tiptoe Through the Tulips, a song I learned because I loved Myrna's version (and I still think of Myrna every time I play it).

Dave, my friend, I'm sorry I can't participate in this Season, but I know you understand. Thanks for being such a great host and for creating such a special Season!

bonesigh
06-22-2014, 08:36 AM
One of the best things about the Seasons Rex (:

I bet if we had the time we could find a song done by each of the Seasonistas that we'd say "I'd like to record that song". Well I know I'd say that.

Some of the biggest benefits of being part of the Seasons is that it has expanded my music catalog and appreciation for different playing styles. I've stolen some ideas and techniques from quite a few of you.

UkeCan1
06-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Well... I kind of meant what single Tribute Song, this season, knocked out more than one Seasonista. I did Crazy Words and it was for Linda and SillyDave but Rivers Of Babylon I think made a bigger swipe through the field of Seasonistas.

But I could see how my words didn't convey that well and I enjoyed where that thought lead as well. I'd missed Seasonista Fish Heads up until now. But I'd seen Max's puppet song. Both very good.

"Paper Moon" hit a bunch. Including a bunch of new ones this week. Did you mean previous ones only, or including ones done this week?

Everybody missed "Seasonista Fish Heads". It was ridiculous and came late in the week. Way more Seasonistas are in it than have watched it. :)

FiL
06-22-2014, 08:57 AM
I've been trying to find the time to record this song for quite a while now. Thanks, Dave for giving me the opportunity. Of course like most weeks, this was a crazy week for me, so I recorded this late Saturday night after a four-hour gig, so my fingers and brain were not quite cooperating, and I could have done a better job tuning my uke, but I hope I got enough of the feeling across.

A lot of you already know this song. Shady recorded a video of her song (http://youtu.be/3Mjdc8lMj10) "The View From the Mountain" on guitar back in January. Pabrizzer picked up on it right away (http://youtu.be/TUMU_wXOzKA) and recorded his version of it on a baritone uke. A couple of months later, Rustyy recorded it (http://youtu.be/871XbQbs6T8) for "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" week.

The lyrics just slay me every time I listen to it. Especially the opening lines:

Memories are gathered at my shoulder
Waiting for me to heed their siren call
When I look around to see how far I've traveled
All I can see is how far I'd have to fall

That is a masterful bit of writing from Ms. Wilbury.

I came up with my version after listening to pabrizzer's version, but I changed some of the chords and melody. Fortunately, Shady was OK with my changes, so here's my version:

http://youtu.be/Os8DHvINNdg

Thank you, Shady, for bringing this song into the world!

- FiL

ukuleledaddy
06-22-2014, 09:19 AM
One of the best things about the Seasons Rex (:

I'll second that!

Barbablanca
06-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Yay! Alan just gave me a reprieve with his season 123 announcement...let me explain.

I'd planned to do a tribute to Berni's "In Search of Fire" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFduzk8ttI) from week 41. ..... Then Linda did a multi-track tribute to Pa and I realized that I could rip off her idea and add some UBASS and harmony vocal to Berni's original track.

Until I got this severe oral infection on Tuesday...

Oh no, John! I was looking forward to that. I hope you still manage to get that on tape sometime and post it here or on the Island. Get well soon - Berni

OldePhart
06-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Oh no, John! I was looking forward to that. I hope you still manage to get that on tape sometime and post it here or on the Island. Get well soon - Berni

Thanks Berni. I'm feeling a lot better today. Infection suddenly reversed course late yesterday afternoon. Still got a ways to go but I was beginning to wonder if it was every going to be done with me!

lelouden
06-22-2014, 10:22 AM

The Water Is Wide has seven seasonistas featured. Dirtiestkidever somehow missed the inspiration list.

Tootler
06-22-2014, 10:34 AM
When I first started contributing to the seasons way back in season 16 there was one resident of Alaska whose contributions I really enjoyed - Myrnaukulele, of course. She has a lovely rich voice and doesn't so much sing a song as caress it. The first time I hosted a season, (Season 25) the theme I chose was train songs and Myrna posted a video she had previously done of "The City of New Orleans" by Steve Goodman. It was a tribute to her dad who actually drove trains on the Illinois Central Railroad and had some super images of trains on the line as well as pictures of her dad leaning out of the cab.

Here's Myrna's version: http://youtu.be/HNFbw4um-F4

This is my effort at a great song.

http://youtu.be/Jf21R4W7nSM

uke4ia
06-22-2014, 11:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMggBMrTlw

Didn't really know where to start this week. If I had 122 weeks, it wouldn't be enough to pay tribute to everyone I'd like to. Luckily, we get a second week to work on it. (I did a previous tribute to the Seasonistas in Drinking Song Week - Season 87: The Card Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gc3fIjDGpg), which was also a TCK-hosted week.)

I tend to notice most the skills Seasonistas have that I don't share: Brian's ability to play blues, Jon playing harmonics and playing without looking at the fretboard, the superior singing that many Seasonistas have (okay, most), the video editing skills..... So I looked at the all-too-small number of Seasons videos that I've put on my iPod, and decided that I would go with Dave Wave's multi-instrumental and far more entertaining version of King Crimson's "In the Court of the Crimson King", which he did as a bonus in Season 58: Dave Wave - In the Court of the Crimson King (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--QsegvLa4o)

pabrizzer
06-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Here is a Krabbers song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnxuiBIxZQc) done so beautifully by Mina this week (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KNlV1Fxezc).
Stars Will Guide your way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI8M56N9g5I

myrnaukelele
06-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Penguinofsorts (Michelle) first entered the Seasons during mattydee's Sergeant Pepper week. We were camping out at UWC IV and I had so much fun singing and playing with her. Anyway- I love her playing and she a great vocalist. She won Skidoo's Classic Country Season #22 with this killer Patsy Cline song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1boaeEmxcQ&feature=share&list=PLE7CD7DC42E520A31&index=20
Here's my tribute to Michelle:

http://youtu.be/Acns4YZYrIg

TCK
06-22-2014, 11:49 AM
Hunting for songs recorded by various seasonistas, my son ran across a Tori Amos cover by UU forumer RussBuss415, posted to youtube long before the Seasons came into being Here. My son is a big Tori fan, and so we decided to put our own spin on it. Since it's a pre-Seasons vid we're saluting, I don't know if that counts, but here's our take on it.

Such a great video here- regretfully, I do not think Russbuss has ever joined us in the Seasons. I loved it, just not quite a fit. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I also want to thank Dave for letting me know about Wim's performance. What's especially great about Dave is that when I hosted season 28 and it was songs of 2013. He was complaining about the music and never performed. Months later, he emailed me and stated that he really tried to pick a song but had such a difficult time. Finally, he chose Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" and made it his own!! Even I wouldn't be caught dead singing that song!! haha That shows you how great of a guy Dave is and I'm sure that's why his students appreciate him. Dave's version would be my tribute song and I will eventually enter a season again.
Thanks for the kind words Dan- get on back here, I really miss ya mate! Heck, I have played Celine Dion since then...my shame went out the window.

So sorry for your loss Lily- thank you for letting me know where you were…I was starting to worry ;) Thoughts and prayers for you and yours.

LOL- see banter with Dan above. Best part for sure

I've been trying to find the time to record this song for quite a while now. Thanks, Dave for giving me the opportunity. Of course like most weeks, this was a crazy week for me, so I recorded this late Saturday night after a four-hour gig, so my fingers and brain were not quite cooperating, and I could have done a better job tuning my uke, but I hope I got enough of the feeling across.

A lot of you already know this song. Shady recorded a video of her song "The View From the Mountain" on guitar back in January. Pabrizzer picked up on it right away and recorded his version of it on a baritone uke. A couple of months later, Rustyy recorded it for "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" week.

The lyrics just slay me every time I listen to it. Especially the opening lines:

Memories are gathered at my shoulder
Waiting for me to heed their siren call
When I look around to see how far I've traveled
All I can see is how far I'd have to fall

That is a masterful bit of writing from Ms. Wilbury.

I came up with my version after listening to pabrizzer's version, but I changed some of the chords and melody. Fortunately, Shady was OK with my changes, so here's my version:

Thank you, Shady, for bringing this song into the world!

- FiL
What a SONG! Miss Casey really nailed it with the writing- love what you did with it FiL, and love that I got the heads up on it.
So grand to watch all of you doing it for her- she is a gem.

When I first started contributing to the seasons way back in season 16 there was one resident of Alaska whose contributions I really enjoyed - Myrnaukulele, of course. She has a lovely rich voice and doesn't so much sing a song as caress it. The first time I hosted a season, (Season 25) the theme I chose was train songs and Myrna posted a video she had previously done of "The City of New Orleans" by Steve Goodman. It was a tribute to her dad who actually drove trains on the Illinois Central Railroad and had some super images of trains on the line as well as pictures of her dad leaning out of the cab.

Geoff- where have you been man? So glad you made it out again, and brought us this great old song…one of my favorites, wish I was playing it with you.

Didn't really know where to start this week. If I had 122 weeks, it wouldn't be enough to pay tribute to everyone I'd like to. Luckily, we get a second week to work on it. (I did a previous tribute to the Seasonistas in Drinking Song Week - Season 87: The Card Song, which was also a TCK-hosted week.)

I tend to notice most the skills Seasonistas have that I don't share: Brian's ability to play blues, Jon playing harmonics and playing without looking at the fretboard, the superior singing that many Seasonistas have (okay, most), the video editing skills..... So I looked at the all-too-small number of Seasons videos that I've put on my iPod, and decided that I would go with Dave Wave's multi-instrumental and far more entertaining version of King Crimson's "In the Court of the Crimson King", which he did as a bonus in Season 58: Dave Wave - In the Court of the Crimson King
Jim- another great tribute here, Great rendition! So glad to see you here, I was not going to shut this down until you showed up mate. Thanks for dropping by and laying some rad on us.

Here is a Krabbers song done so beautifully by Mina this week.

Yep- this is really a great song. I concur with Alan...this time this week it slapped me right upside the head. This is a great version mate.
My favorite thing this week has been adding songs from the tribute playlist to the inspiration playlist.

Penguinofsorts (Michelle) first entered the Seasons during mattydee's Sergeant Pepper week. We were camping out at UWC IV and I had so much fun singing and playing with her. Anyway- I love her playing and she a great vocalist. She won Skidoo's Classic Country Season #22 with this killer Patsy Cline song:
Here's my tribute to Michelle:

Myrna doing Patsy? It is Christmas isn't it? So great, and again, what a beautiful setting.

TCK
06-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Kicking around what it once meant to host and what it now means...
Season 18- 13 entries
Season 24- 21 entries
Season 54- 48 entries
Season 87- 53 entries
Season 122- 113 entries so far.
This seasons of the Ukulele thing has really caught on ;)

myrnaukelele
06-22-2014, 12:07 PM

Thanks so much for that Tootler. This song brings back many memories for me. I have always loved it because it reminded me of my dad. What a nice version you've done.

Tootler
06-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Thanks so much for that Tootler. This song brings back many memories for me. I have always loved it because it reminded me of my dad. What a nice version you've done.

A great reminder to have of your dad.

Mine's still alive and going strong at 94. Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my version.

decaturcomp
06-22-2014, 03:24 PM
It's just me but I vote for including the Russbuss homage as a Seasonista deal just because he's an verifiable badass uker who has inspired many of us including me. to wit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtN6bkmWufo

TCK
06-22-2014, 03:59 PM
LOL- Just you...that is silly innit? This one brilliant video. Guy is on fire. Tell you what- he plays for us this week or next and he is in. Now it is time to coax a tune from him. I know you can do it.
I won't bore you all with why this has to be a seasonista...It just has to be.

myrnaukelele
06-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Here's one more Paper Moon! Dedicated to Wendy.

http://youtu.be/iQYBgUB5Ab8

Hoping to learn one more song before the evening is out and the Season ends...

peewee
06-22-2014, 09:17 PM
It's past Midnight here in Pacific Daylight Time, but Sunday lives on in Hawaii!

I took a brief look at the season, and it's really touching, and I am amazed that some even felt the need to express their appreciation of my contributions, thank you so much for that, it really means a lot.

As for tributes, I wish I had had a slower week this past week, so much to do here. But as a new homeowner, I find myself completely swamped with projects and plans, and oh yeah, we have another few days to pack and move as well. That and work.
I really wanted to do a tribute to Jon/Eugene/Mariposa/Butterfly who did a version of "Living in the Light of the Morning" years ago that got me all choked up and put him on the top shelf of my uke pantheon. That would have been a good one to do among the paint cans and boxes at the new house..

There are so many others that I could never pull off, but that doesn't often stop me from trying - but what is really inspiring is seeing each and everyone of you going for it week after week.

I've missed several seasons, and I keep trying to do this song. Its a tribute to those who have done it on the seasons before, Sillydave (http://youtu.be/orssaxvRJmE), and more recently Greyghost, Ukecan1, and of course TCK. Here's a one take version, not as good as those other efforts, but I wanted to be in the fray this week, and bask in the seasonista love.

http://youtu.be/AkkM-ErChi0

thanks to all of you who I have befriended over the past 17 million seasons, I love this place, and will be back when things settle down!

pabrizzer
06-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Well this one is for TheDaveWaveUkeFlyer.
He always brings the good stuff - especially with his multi-tracking and bass work.
He showed us how to do it in season 101 and made it look danged easy. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amrwAwqzuQQ)
But I have to say that I had more trouble getting this down than I have ever had. Must have done more than 10 goes at it. There was a lot of foul language. Still far from pleased with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBaIT1zhGOg

UkeCan1
06-23-2014, 12:30 AM

http://youtu.be/iQYBgUB5Ab8

Aw ... thanks, Myrna! What a lovely thing to wake up to. I believe!

(Isn't that, at some level, what this whole Seasons thing is about ... believing in each other in our idyllic little made-up make-believe virtual world? It was so wonderful to actually get to meet you and hug you and hear you in the "real world" make-believe place called UWC. And yet, like we already knew each other well even before that.)

So nice to be serenaded so sweetly by a sister Seasonista, who, in my book, is pretty high up on the enthusiasm charts herself. This is lovely. Tears in my eyes, dancing along with you. Thank you so much. Speechless.

It's past Midnight here in Pacific Daylight Time, but Sunday lives on in Hawaii!

I took a brief look at the season, and it's really touching, and I am amazed that some even felt the need to express their appreciation of my contributions, thank you so much for that, it really means a lot.

As for tributes, I wish I had had a slower week this past week, so much to do here. But as a new homeowner, I find myself completely swamped with projects and plans, and oh yeah, we have another few days to pack and move as well. That and work.
I really wanted to do a tribute to Jon/Eugene/Mariposa/Butterfly who did a version of "Living in the Light of the Morning" years ago that got me all choked up and put him on the top shelf of my uke pantheon. That would have been a good one to do among the paint cans and boxes at the new house..

There are so many others that I could never pull off, but that doesn't often stop me from trying - but what is really inspiring is seeing each and everyone of you going for it week after week.

I've missed several seasons, and I keep trying to do this song. Its a tribute to those who have done it on the seasons before, Sillydave (http://youtu.be/orssaxvRJmE), and more recently Greyghost, Ukecan1, and of course TCK. Here's a one take version, not as good as those other efforts, but I wanted to be in the fray this week, and bask in the seasonista love.

thanks to all of you who I have befriended over the past 17 million seasons, I love this place, and will be back when things settle down!

Aw ... two tributes to wake up to ... in a row! What a sweet way to start the week, and end this lovely "touchy-feely" happy Season that gets to live on for another week over at Alan's 123 party.

President Peter's in the house! You are the president of the club, my dear, because you inspired the initial tribute video (yes, that's what it was) that led to the pigeon-poisoning party that led to the pain party that led back to this wonderful offering you have laid before us today.

And because, of all of us, you best captured the feel of the tango. This is excellent. On so many levels. Thanks for joining the party. Ole!

And those facial expressions. Very expressive eyebrows. And the drums! And that moving closing. You rock, Mr. President! Fun dancing with you.

krabbers
06-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Here's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ghwaghJmPk)his awesome version & here's mine:

http://youtu.be/7KNlV1Fxezc

We, Caroline and I both love this version, I dont know if it is your accent or the way you delivery the lyric but it is so much better than my version, thank you so much for doing this. it has really made my day

krabbers
06-23-2014, 12:39 AM
TCK asked us to find "The song that made you think 'I have got to learn that!'" Here's one from Season 115, "Yeah Baby." unluckymum took the old Frankie Ford rock & roll classic "Sea Cruise" and moved it to a minor key. Genius. I hadda learn this one! Here's unluckymum's version. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFm95vmsTJM&list=PLeOoTkKV5j7KBC1dnKgQxYbal2yCC1Thq&index=93) I put some piano at the bridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQEfpVdgRL0&feature=youtu.be
we do this one most weeks at our jam, I will show caroline this when she gets home, thanks for giving her the shout out, she needs to get on here more

krabbers
06-23-2014, 12:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETqyxc4IG_8&list=UU2I01-EOVZI69hnZ2QAABFQ

AAAAH SImon. you are a legend worth 79p

running gag at our jam, everytime i do an original song someone shouts out "is it on Itunes? and I say " yeah 79p, BARGAIN"

krabbers
06-23-2014, 12:44 AM
Mina, how lovely lovely. Thank you so much for bringing this back to our attention. Mike's writing is noteworthy. This one is at the to of my short list to learn.
thanks Ray

krabbers
06-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Here is a Krabbers song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnxuiBIxZQc) done so beautifully by Mina this week (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KNlV1Fxezc).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI8M56N9g5I

just catching up with all the videos, I am truly moved by the shout outs this week folks and the covers of my songs have been outstanding, thankyou so much for all the kind words I am really really moved , honestly, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME and once we have got the wedding out of the way I promise to get stuck back in, Cheers Mike

KoaDependent
06-23-2014, 04:46 AM
But I have to say that I had more trouble getting this down than I have ever had. Must have done more than 10 goes at it. There was a lot of foul language. Still far from pleased with it.

Did this make you all laugh and wonder the same way it did for me? If I could get one in with only 10 takes I'd be ecstatic.

lelouden
06-23-2014, 06:15 AM

You just made us like you even more!

I go through this every time I record.

Ooooooo yesterday!

GinnyT11
06-23-2014, 06:31 AM
I have group of ukers here, with a firemen's brigade, a swim team, and a children's choir standing behind them. We are all applauding CLOVERDALE DAVE for thinking up what may be the best Seasons theme ever because it has made us see what we mean to each other.

This Season has been remarkable. I have some real friends among you, but I've come to realize—thanks to Dave's fizzy, fun and very tender hosting—that I have deeper feelings than I thought for many more of my fellow Seasonistas. I've withdrawn from a group I've attended twice a month for 12 years because being here is more rewarding.

Alas, we've grown so much it's very hard to watch/comment on all the videos that are posted. This week has been especially hard because we've been rooting in other people's YT channels rather than watching the week's postings. We've got the love, just not enough time.

Dave, thank you again [applause rises; camera finds people wiping away tears] for this sensational week.

ukuleledaddy
06-23-2014, 09:19 AM
I have group of ukers here, with a firemen's brigade, a swim team, and a children's choir standing behind them. We are all applauding CLOVERDALE DAVE for thinking up what may be the best Seasons theme ever because it has made us see what we mean to each other.

This Season has been remarkable. I have some real friends among you, but I've come to realize—thanks to Dave's fizzy, fun and very tender hosting—that I have deeper feelings than I thought for many more of my fellow Seasonistas. I've withdrawn from a group I've attended twice a month for 12 years because being here is more rewarding.

Alas, we've grown so much it's very hard to watch/comment on all the videos that are posted. This week has been especially hard because we've been rooting in other people's YT channels rather than watching the week's postings. We've got the love, just not enough time.

Dave, thank you again [applause rises; camera finds people wiping away tears] for this sensational week.

I will enthusiastically second all of that! Great week Dave. We all had you pretty darn busy. Thanks for putting in the time and effort. We love you pal.

filipinouker
06-23-2014, 12:24 PM
To The Cloverdale Kid - Dave,

I am very very late for your party and I was really sad to have missed it. I'd like to go on vacation so that I can listen to every entry for Season 122 - your party was well-attended! It sounds like a lot of love shared and love multiplied! :love::love::love:

I'm so thankful that Alan's continuing your theme! So, I've joined Alan's equally fun party and paid tribute to Ginny Turner http://youtu.be/2DEYQDO9b7Y

TCK/Dave, you're wonderful! Thank you for such a great idea!

TCK
06-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Pretty sure midnight in Hawaii has come and gone at this point- and I have more videos to watch!!!! You lot are an AMAZEMENT
Last round-

Awesome! Definitely the season favorite here Myrna- so well done ;)

I've missed several seasons, and I keep trying to do this song. Its a tribute to those who have done it on the seasons before, Sillydave, and more recently Greyghost, Ukecan1, and of course TCK. Here's a one take version, not as good as those other efforts, but I wanted to be in the fray this week, and bask in the seasonista love.

You have a Tom Lehrer song book? That is SO awesome. Glad to hear this one from you, and thanks for taking the time to stop by. Loving the vocal drama here!!!

Well this one is for TheDaveWaveUkeFlyer.
He always brings the good stuff - especially with his multi-tracking and bass work.
He showed us how to do it in season 101 and made it look danged easy.

SO HARD to cover cousin Dave...you nailed it Pa! How many is that this week? You have really been knocking a lot of songs right out of the park this week- thanks for the enthusiastic response!

I want to thank you all for your enthusiasm this week- we have 130 inspirational videos, and 117 entries! could not have asked for more (please- no more), but I have watched them all.
My favorite parts of this season were watching all of you play your best- so many of you turned in the best songs I have seen you do. I also really loved going back and looking at where we have collectively been- all in all, this was an outstanding time. Thank you all.
That said- you are not going to be judged on playing, singing, or any of that. Mr. Emotional here- if I teared up a bit at the wonderful things you had to say about someone else encouraging you or inspiring you...if I laughed at a fond memory, if I could do nothing but play along. Those are the winning entries. I will be back to tell you at the end of the week who those folks were.
For now- I have 113 videos to watch over again.
Nicely done Seasonista's. Nicely done.

decaturcomp
06-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Kid, I just wanted to bump the end of your last post up here. THIS is why we're here. God love ya, Laddie.

"I want to thank you all for your enthusiasm this week- we have 130 inspirational videos, and 117 entries! could not have asked for more (please- no more), but I have watched them all.
My favorite parts of this season were watching all of you play your best- so many of you turned in the best songs I have seen you do. I also really loved going back and looking at where we have collectively been- all in all, this was an outstanding time. Thank you all.
That said- you are not going to be judged on playing, singing, or any of that. Mr. Emotional here- if I teared up a bit at the wonderful things you had to say about someone else encouraging you or inspiring you...if I laughed at a fond memory, if I could do nothing but play along. Those are the winning entries. I will be back to tell you at the end of the week who those folks were.
For now- I have 113 videos to watch over again.
Nicely done Seasonista's. Nicely done."
-tck

TCK
06-26-2014, 09:30 AM
Man- what a challenge it has been to judge this week! If I had to judge on musicianship alone, well, everyone would win. You all turned in some of the best material I have seen from a season.
If I had to judge on my favorite songs...again, lots of winners.
Instead I judged the way I play...I really looked at why long and hard, and there were so many great "why's?"- go figure.
In any event- everyone wins this week. There were some awesome stand-outs and I could shout you all out all day, but you lot are subjected to my ambling enough.
I wish we just played and congratulated each-other for playing, but the contest aspect offers and incentive to do so with such fervor I suppose. Here are the ones that I reckon grabbed the brass ring this time around, in no particular order.
Linda Louden- no joke a great player and singer, and I often look forward to your videos anyway, but when they are prefaced with such heartfelt tributes in writing, all right, you got me. I really enjoyed both reading your posts and listening to what you brought us. I was glad you were able to do quite a few for us.
Sean Ukuleledaddy- No secret Sean and I are friends...and our banter lead to him posting that he was going to 15 videos in one day. Well, we know how much I like the thought of that, and man did I smile with you on every one, even if we did not reach that lofty goal! Also, I really enjoyed reading the positive vibe coming from OR on each and every one of those posts, the delightful addition of the kids, and well, nope- I never got sick of you. Thanks for really embracing what I was after here.
The first two really wound me up with what they had to say (as did many of you- Wendy...the tribute to FiL? Incredible). The last one- he just wound me up, as he is a man of few words.
Guy can probably hammer out thirty songs in a day and none of them are anything but exceptional. He also finds time to watch every video, and played a long list of amazing tributes for us this week. Thanks for all of those Pabrizzer.
Like I said- everyone wins this week, and every week. If I sent you all stuff I would be broke, so I offer my respect to you all.
Folks in blue above- hit me PM with your addresses and I offer you fun Ukulele Swag from the mind of Captain Lovehandles (and respect) :)
Thanks everyone for grabbing your ukes and playing along.
Cheers- The Cloverdale Kid.

lelouden
06-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Wow TCK, I can't tell you how much I loved this seasons theme. Somehow it brought out the best in all of us and its really encouraging and humbling to be singled out like this. I loved everything everyone sang and I too loved the stories as to how they came up with who or what they did. A big thank you from all of us is in order.
We appreciate you and what you have done for us all here!

pabrizzer
06-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Look! This was a fabulous week Dave.
Despite not being able to be with us the first couple of days you made up for it when you arrived with a wonderful hosting performance. Thank you for your attentive comments on ALL the videos this week.
It really was a joy to get a few shout outs this week, especially those for Charlie from Doug F and Sean and his lovely girls.
And to have Linda do such a great job singing along with one of my vids - I really enjoyed that so much!
And to have a couple of new seasonistas join this week - not an easy one to jump in to - but you are so welcome here.

And then to get a shout out in your wrap up vid - well - joy on joy.
This was a week for all of us though. It is actually one I would have been happy to see left 'unresolved'.
Every video was special!
Great week here Dave.
THANK YOU!

ukuleledaddy
06-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Dave, I'm truly honored to have been mentioned in your final post. I've never posted so many vids in a month, let alone a week. I felt inspired an driven to honor my fellow Seasonistas. I had a favorite vid for nearly every one of you I wanted to cover, some of which I got around to recording but just sounded like poop.
This week was all about heart and appreciation and there is far more to go around than time allows.
Thanks for a great week Dave and for seriously delivering as host. I really enjoyed not just covering some great songs but this week gave me the opportunity to look back on some special moments that truly meant a lot to me.
I could go on and on, but you get my meaning. I love you folks.
Dave, thanks for the love fest.

GinnyT11
06-26-2014, 12:12 PM
And where is the Kumbaya campfire so we can all hug? We definitely want to, thanks to your great idea, Dave.

UkeCan1
06-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Oh, Dave - thanks so much for the heartfelt "honorable mention" in your results post! I agree that the biggest highlight of the Season was the incredible things people had to say (and I think in many cases, discovered) about each other.

Congratulations to Sean, Linda, and Brian ... and to everyone who participated or thought about participating. To me, we are all winners here, just for being part of this wonderful community.

I haven't yet had time to watch more than a few of the videos ... in a few recent Seasons, I watched and commented on every single one ... this week I made three videos of my own ... it is always a challenge deciding how to balance that trade-off ... I tend to go all one way or the other.

Either way, the sea of love that flowed this week was evident.

And now the tributes continue!

There are an amazing number of incredible musicians and even more wonderful people here in the Seasons. Many of them received well deserved tributes this week.

Even I got one and part of one (thanks, Myrna! thanks, Peter!), right at the end there ... and that felt amazing.

I know there are also a whole lot of us who haven't received a tribute yet. Hopefully every single one of us will get one before this love fest is over. Because we are all wonderful, and we all deserve to feel that great!

Big hugs to all ... and a special extra squeeze to our amazing host ... I still cannot quite believe that, without even being available for part of the week, you found the time to host as brilliantly, lovingly, and actively as you did. Incredible.

You all rock, every single one of you.

lelouden
06-26-2014, 12:26 PM
An added note~

Im back to give a special thanks for making this week very special for me. To Rex, Alan, Sean, Rob and any one else that I may have over looked for covering a song that I have done. Its funny, I still think of myself as a newbie to this thread although I have been around long enough to say I am a part of this big family. I feel so humbled and honored that anyone would find my stuff worth even a second listen. I love everyone here for their different tastes and personalities and especially for being such good people to each other. This is why its so easy to get hooked on this place. RARELY do you ever see or read anything negative and whenever I have seen a glimmer of that the brotherhood jumps in and stands up for each other:) This place is safe, comfortable and excepting and it feels like home. There are so many many more songs and people I wish I could get too but we all know that sometimes you just have to sit back and enjoy the show. So not only am I so thrilled that TCK had this brilliant idea to bring us together like this but its even more heart warming to sit back and enjoy what you all do for each other.

Thank you to everyone who was able to participate in this theme. Its nice to know that we can reach across the world through this little box and spread the love!

bird's eye view of my ukelele
06-26-2014, 01:48 PM
congrats to the winners, big thanks to TCK for hosting and coming up with such a super theme, and amen to everything linda just said

TCK
06-26-2014, 08:26 PM
Glad you all had a good time. Once again... Faith restored- bless you all and take care of yourselves.

decaturcomp
06-27-2014, 05:20 AM
I am overwhelmed by how beautiful and perfect this season is. You kids are amazing, each and every.
Love from me to you all and especially to Dave. Son, you bring the aloha loud and strong every week.
I only wish I'd bought stock in Kimberly Clark or whoever makes Kleenex before this all started, right?

Captain_Lovehandles
06-27-2014, 07:57 AM
I couldn't really tell. Is there a winner, or more than one? Let me know so I can get some swag out the door.

bonesigh
06-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Congrats Linda, Sean and Guy and all of us (: