Roy Smeck Documentary

gaspar

Reaction score
Hi guys! A while ago I heard of the existence of this documentary so I contacted Peter Friedman who was the maker of this film back in the 80´s. He was very kind to upload it to youtube! Enjoy!

Thank you for posting this, gaspar. :cool:

My Saturday night will now--rather than being a lonely affair, drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon and watching old Lon Chaney movies until my eyes fall out of my head--be full of learning, music and mirth.

Thank you, Gaspar!

My Saturday night will now--rather than being a lonely affair, drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon and watching old Lon Chaney movies until my eyes fall out of my head--be full of learning, music and mirth.
I think I'll watch it this evening, too. But instead of PBR, I think I'll accompany it with a glass or two of Pinot Noir. :)

I think I'll watch it this evening, too. But instead of PBR, I think I'll accompany it with a glass or two of Pinot Noir. :)

Too bad we don't live closer. You could join me on the divan when I Chromecast it to my 70-inch Samsung.

If Smeck's kisser plays as big as The Werewolf's, regardless of what we're drinking, we'll have to change our jockey shorts when it's over.

Last edited:
Thanks Gaspar and Peter Friedman. Just finished watching it. Time well spent.

Thanks for sharing. I went to YouTube and Subscribed to it.

Thanks a million! Luved every moment of this!

Petey

"nickabaaaahka"

Hi guys! A while ago I heard of the existence of this documentary so I contacted Peter Friedman who was the maker of this film back in the 80´s. He was very kind to upload it to youtube! Enjoy!

it was worth watching just to see him and mel bay jam out (really liked how they both sounded playing together) i pretty much learned all the guitar chords from mel bay books when i was a kid, and than also all my uke chords from his books as well.

it was worth watching just to see him and mel bay jam out (really liked how they both sounded playing together) i pretty much learned all the guitar chords from mel bay books when i was a kid, and than also all my uke chords from his books as well.

does anyone know what kind of uke was laying down by the record player at the end?
i was always under the impression he played a martin soprano but this looks like a concert or tenor
in that shot (not sure what brand).

Top Bottom